State Dual Results And Updates

Bump11

6 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

I will take you up on that bet CobraChild.  I've got $1000.  Lets do it!

Quote by MrFixALot  Posted Wednesday at 3:19 pm in TN Coach's Poll for 28 Jan

SD beat Bradley 27-21, SH beat Bradley 32-31, Cleveland beat Bradley 33-24 last two matches were forfeits for Bradley. Cleveland beat SD 36-25. It could be alot closer than everyone thinks. Cleveland vs Soddy in the finals. Good luck to everyone at State. It's gonna be fun to watch.

So should I come by your house and pick up my cash?

Ha! Gottemmmmmmmm! 

Edited by Bump11

25 minutes ago, 1993Viking said:

Hold on now Topper, don't get too carried away.  You guys have had a great year and I wish you the best but your statement about East Tennessee dominance is a little near sighted.  My Tennessee High Vikings have won the past two Region Championships and Dobyns Bennett won the year prior.  I think this must be the first in at least four years for you guys.  In addition, the Vikings have brought home a runner up and 3rd place individual state trophy as well as an additional top 10 place in the past 3 years.  They have also placed 3rd, 4th and were in the blood round 3 years ago at duals (with only 10 or 11 kids).  With all due respect, your Toppers haven't cracked the Top 10 at individuals and have one 3rd place dual trophy plus whatever you earn this year.  I hardly call that dominance.  

I wish you guys good luck and I hope you bring home a State Championship this year but my Vikings will be back as well as Dobyns Bennett and several others in Region 1 in the next few years.  

No disrespect meant 93Viking.  I'm a little excited, as you should be able to understand.  This was definitely our year!  Tennessee had theirs the past few--props for the State runner up finish but I hope we can top it tonight.  We are the Toppers after all! 

After we close out the deal tonight, I hope that all the teams from East Tennessee can be competitive and battling each other in Franklin well into the future.  

12 minutes ago, HSDAD said:

Dabears1976 post on Jan 25 ! 

(Real state tournament)  page 5

Hows that kid ?

hope you got some mustard for that crow 

You'e correct. This is what us Region 4 hates during state time. 3 best schools in Tennessee and only 2 gets to go each year. 

Every year the Regionals are at a different region 4 school. Finally back at Bradley this year.

The winner of the Cleveland vs Bradley matchup will advance to state and the winner of the Soddy vs Walker Valley matchup will advance. 

It will be Soddy and Cleveland advancing while a top 3-5 ranked Bradley team stays home. 

The Region 4 of the SEC is just tough, but gotta wrestle your tails off or stay home. :bored:

You mean what da bears said Above! That is true usually and again for most of the years as I proved before 11-12 of 20 years the first and second team from this region won and runner-up while everyone's else was fighting for 3 and 4. He wasn't guessing or saying that Soddy was going to finish 2nd this season he was explaining what usually happen and he isn't usually right as proven by the numbers.

Edited by cobrakid8

3 minutes ago, HSDAD said:

Dabears post on Jan 25 !  

Hows that kid ?

Anyone that knows wrestling in the state of Tennessee, knows that the last 15-20 years has been a region 4 dominate history. It also shows in some previous years that the "3rd" team is a lot better than most teams that qualified for team state.

Here' one example. Back in 09 or 10 I believe? Soddy came to our house. Beat us at home. 1st team that has beat Bradley at home in over 20 years. We ended up beating Soddy for state. Cleveland was a very good team that year. Little behold, they did not make team state. 2 weeks later at Individual, they won the team state. 

Its very hard not to say that these 3 programs has been the best 3 teams to come out of this state in the last 15 or so years. What has it been now? 15-16 years straight that region 4 has won it? We do not know what happened to Soddy yesterday. They'e a lot better than what was advertised yesterday. Yes, BW came to wrestle, but that win should not have never happened. Wilson somehow getting stuck and pinned after dominating that match hurt that team as well. 

It doeslook like the rest of the state is catching up to this Region now. That's a good thing. SH could run away with it next year if Cleveland isn't able to fill in some important positions that they will be losing this year or we could even see a Wilson Central vs SH matchup next year. That being said, Soddy really was disappointng this weekend. They'e a lot better. 

Good luck to Cleveland and SH, but go Raiders!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

Thanks for your over-exuberance SirFixALot!  You just won me $1,000.  Maybe I'll buy you a burger sometime.  

I have told mrfixalot that he really valued Soddy more than he should, proud alumnus of the school but good lord they have some kids that should not be wrestling varsity wrestling varsity and the middle high and kids club has fallen further behind. Now Bradley did beat some good teams early in the season and prob should have been there before Soddy did, a few movements in weight killed them in the duals and it cost them a chance to wrestle for a possible state place.  I picked Science Hill and Cleveland in the final with Cleveland bringing it home, it does suck Soddy lost before even wrestling for 3/4 and is the worst finish for a region 4 team since before the split, but I don't see Soddy staying among top 10 in the next few years, they lose Boeck and unless Tony actually starts to show up and be consistent next year will be even worse. Not sure what Bradley has coming up but Higher Calling always has some kids in the pipeline so cleveland and Bradley should stay pretty good to great. But again history has proven time and time again that's region 4 is the top dog and let's see if the rest of the state will catch up or not. Maybe the state can tie the amount of teams that have won state the past 20 years with those from region 4!

Edited by cobrakid8

2 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I have told mrfixalot that he really valued Soddy more than he should, proud alumnus of the school but good lord they have some kids that should not be wrestling varsity wrestling varsity and the middle high and kids club has fallen further behind. Now Bradley did beat some good teams early in the season and prob should have been there before Soddy did, a few movements in weight killed them in the duals and it cost the money a chance to wrestle for a possible state place.  I picked Science Hill and Cleveland in the final with Cleveland bringing it home, it does suck Soddy lost before even wrestling for 3/4 and is the worst finish for a region 4 team since before the split, but I don't see Soddy staying among top 10 in the next few years, they lose Boeck and unless Tony actually starts to show up and be consistent next year will be even worse. Not sure what Bradley has coming up but Higher Calling always has some kids in the pipeline so cleveland and Bradley should stay pretty good to great. But again history has proven time and time again that's region 4 is the top dog and let's see if the rest of the state will catch up or not. Maybe the state can tie the amount of teams that have won state the past 20 years with those from region 4!

What I hear and read, Pride Wrestling has a lot of very good talented kids coming up as well. Some will be at high school and few other still has a year or so. This region won't drop too far behind. If any at all.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mrfixalot49 said:

Sorry Cobra. I did say it. Really thought our guys were up to the task after giving Cleveland a run at it in regions. 

It happens, and it sucks that coach Higgins was sick, but lots of that Cleveland team was sick for the region duals, Higgins thought he could catch them and win the region because of it, didn't happen, but both being healthy Cleveland beats Soddy like a red headed step child. There is pretty much Boeck that you can count on and usually maynor, the rest you just cannot count on to get the job done, and they just give up to many bonus points, not a mark of a good team and they aren't that young either. It is what it is and now it's time for them to get ready for individual region and hopefully they can take a few, I a man expecting 8-9.

6 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

What I hear and read, Pride Wrestling has a lot of very good talented kids coming up as well. Some will be at high school and few other still has a year or so. This region won't drop too far behind. If any at all.

Well, I expect it to be a Cleveland Bradley show in region next few a season I just haven't seen the caliber of wrestlers in middle school or the AAU circuit that will come in for Soddy and be a big help.