Coach Mac Bryan resigning at Ooltewah

Rhea Co.

So other than the obvious Gatewood and Green who are some other possible names with any sort of ties to the program that might have a shot and are there any highly thought of assistant's that have paid their dues that might find favor from the decision makers? I'm thinking the answer might be from right down the road at Central, That fellow has done a wonderful job in the short time he's been there, but that's only if he's not jetted off to Ridgeland to lead the Panthers. 

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

They sure gave us ( Maryville ) a ballgame last year. If that one kid hadn't got hurt I wouldn't have been surprised if the Owls hadn't of won that game.

I can't believe Ooltewah went 5-6. Too much talent on that team. Sincere Quinn was the best RB Maryville saw all year.

2 hours ago, REBELRON said:

I can't believe Ooltewah went 5-6. Too much talent on that team. Sincere Quinn was the best RB Maryville saw all year.

I don't know, Ron.  Quinn is a talented back, but my vote for the best RB I saw this year goes to Jeron Rooks of Oakland.  You just had to hold your breath and hope your guys could find a way to stop him whenever he had the football.  

I was really impressed with Keegan Jones of Cleveland, as well.   Seems like I saw where he is going to either Annapolis or the USAFA.  He'll be terrific in either of those systems.  

On 2/20/2018 at 11:07 PM, HTV said:

I don't know, Ron.  Quinn is a talented back, but my vote for the best RB I saw this year goes to Jeron Rooks of Oakland.  You just had to hold your breath and hope your guys could find a way to stop him whenever he had the football.  

I was really impressed with Keegan Jones of Cleveland, as well.   Seems like I saw where he is going to either Annapolis or the USAFA.  He'll be terrific in either of those systems.  

All three backs were really great. Rooks is a good back on a good team which really makes it hard.  Maryville was in good shape against Cleveland but they are one of those teams you have to be careful putting in your younger players  because their first team will still be in there to the end. Quinn was IN THE ZONE against Maryville and we really couldn't do much to stop him then he got hurt. Not sure how that one would have ended  had he not went out. Don't know if we would have adjusted the second half or not but he did run wild on us for what time he was in the game that night. Facing two good players like that during the season might have paid off well going into the playoffs.

Edited by BarneySox2007

8 hours ago, HTV said:

Rooks signed with D2 Arkansas - Monticello.  

Jones with the Naval Academy.  

Quinn is a junior, but I can't find him on any 2019 recruiting lists.  That's puzzling.  

Like I said he was in the zone that night sorta like Mookie Wilson was with Oakland in that playoff game in the finals.  We had a player one time at Maryville that should of went big time as a running back everyone questioned but ended out at The University of Krystal's on the Alcoa Highway upsizing fries. Hope this isn't the case here.vxgjd2.jpg

8 hours ago, Booger said:

Central & Red Banks openins want alter anything thats gonna take place at Ootewah

Booger just sayin ;)

Johnny hears ole Fant and the fellers be looking round the chattanooga ponds tryin to find some new fish sammitches... Big John thinks there might be some sort of reunion thing going on in pounder stadium or of the teepee dwelling sort

fbf70eb2-c012-465e-9c1e-7b092675dfd8-1709031d-9309-4c2f-a944-fab9105633e3-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1