Class A draw

Greenfieldfan

3 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Congrats to Greenfield and my old buddy. Good luck the rest of the way. Best team won

Darby played well and Moore come on late. Pickett County great team. Should have been the championship game. Congrats to Greenfield fan. Demos' Restaurant will taste good tonight.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Darby played well and Moore come on late. Pickett County great team. Should have been the championship game. Congrats to Greenfield fan. Demos' Restaurant will taste good tonight.

I don't know about should have been championship game, this next game could be championship game as well. This side of the bracket is very very strong. I don't want to take away from the rest of the teams but in my opinion this side is a lot stronger than the other but you know what they say about opinions lol. Most of the teams there could beat each other on any given night and I don't know enough about the other 2 I just think they struggle to beat the rest. 

1 hour ago, FootballLife said:

I don't know about should have been championship game, this next game could be championship game as well. This side of the bracket is very very strong. I don't want to take away from the rest of the teams but in my opinion this side is a lot stronger than the other but you know what they say about opinions lol. Most of the teams there could beat each other on any given night and I don't know enough about the other 2 I just think they struggle to beat the rest. 

No disrespect to Huntingdon on a great win. Pickett County drew Middleton in 2015, South Green in 2016 and 2017 and Greenfield in 2018. Just two real good teams. Huntingdon beat a good team as well. West TN representing well and handled the pressure.

I just got to know...UCSportsfan, you keep talking about Unaka and Wartburg being rewarded due to geography. I have to question this. What are they suppose to do? Should they stop playing girls basketball at those two schools? Should they drive to other parts of the state just to play ball? I mean, really what is your solution? Further, have you even been part of a state tournament in another state? I have. Cry all you want about geography, but in other states (I will use Iowa as an example), you have district tournaments, then region tournaments, then sub state, then the Elite 8. It is the very same thing. Until you create a better system, that is cost effective without forcing a team from upper east Tennesse to have to go to Memphis (yes, that is an exaggeration) to qualify for state, I would suggest you stop whining like a 2 year old about Wartburg and Unaka. All I can say is Unaka beat a 29-3 Tellico Plains to get here. 

• Upvote 1