Class A draw

Greenfieldfan

8 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I am not biased at all towards the east. I gave South Greene their well deserved praise because they were the best team in Class A the past two years and they proved it on the floor. What I’m tired of seeing is the weak teams that play no one during the regular season be rewarded for it just because of where they reside geographically.  

You gave them praise once they beat Pickett County 2 years ago before that it was "Pickett County wins this game by 15+.  They play tough teams all year long in one of the toughest districts in the state. "  Before that you said the exact same thing about South Greene playing no one in the regular season and getting in because they of their location too.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ForeverYoungGirl25 said:

Don’t think you can ever fix the bias towards regional teams.  Someone is going to get the weaker draw and people will say that is bias

There’s a little “homer” in all of us. What bothers me is morons like craziness and swipes want to put out stat after stat but cannot produce any gold balls or silver ones for that matter, outside of South Greene. The last time Wartburg made it to the state I believe they played Jackson County and it was a 30 point win for JC or close to it.  That’s why I said bring back the sectional because then you could take teams that finish 3rd from a stronger region and pair them up against these weak regional winners and then you’d get a better field.  Now since Unaka and Wartburg play each other these two idiots will be able to use more stats next year. They don’t want that because then they wouldn’t have a shot at the state tournament if they had to play the 3rd place team out of district 6A let alone the top two!

34 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You gave them praise once they beat Pickett County 2 years ago before that it was "Pickett County wins this game by 15+.  They play tough teams all year long in one of the toughest districts in the state. "  Before that you said the exact same thing about South Greene playing no one in the regular season and getting in because they of their location too.

I give you my word if one of these two teams wins a semi final game I’ll get on these boards and eat crow and say you were right and crazyness was right that the east is a lot better than I gave them credit for and will never discount that side of the state in girls basketball again. Now at the same time if they get blown out in that semi final I want you to get on here and say I was right!  Deal?

7 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

There’s a little “homer” in all of us. What bothers me is morons like craziness and swipes want to put out stat after stat but cannot produce any gold balls or silver ones for that matter, outside of South Greene. The last time Wartburg made it to the state I believe they played Jackson County and it was a 30 point win for JC or close to it.  That’s why I said bring back the sectional because then you could take teams that finish 3rd from a stronger region and pair them up against these weak regional winners and then you’d get a better field.  Now since Unaka and Wartburg play each other these two idiots will be able to use more stats next year. They don’t want that because then they wouldn’t have a shot at the state tournament if they had to play the 3rd place team out of district 6A let alone the top two!

Please do a little research before running off out the mouth.  This all started with you saying  "The recurring theme is how year after year teams like Unaka and Wartburg benefit from playing in the weakest area of the state and are able to go to the glass house as opposed to it being the BEST teams in the state duking it out for the gold ball." We gave you facts and you just wont to keep saying look at the last 20 years.  I gave you Fact that 7 out of the last 10 years someone from Quad 1 has made the Semi finals rather it be Oliver Springs, North Greene, Meigs, Hampton, or South Greene.  Once again your wrong because North Greene brought home a Silver Ball in 2011 and lost in the championship by 5 to Wayne County.  That Same year a 30-3 Jackson County team got beat in the first round by 23 points by Loretto who North Greene beat by 15 the next day to make the finals.  Bring back the Sectionals for all I care but you seem to not know how sectionals work because it still wouldn't have the 3rd place team out of that Sectional playing anyone in Quad 1.  

20 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I give you my word if one of these two teams wins a semi final game I’ll get on these boards and eat crow and say you were right and crazyness was right that the east is a lot better than I gave them credit for and will never discount that side of the state in girls basketball again. Now at the same time if they get blown out in that semi final I want you to get on here and say I was right!  Deal?

If they get blown out i have no problem telling you that this year Quad 1 was down, but to keep saying year after year is just not factual.  Did you think Hampton was bad last year even though they beat Summertown and gave Clarkrange a game in the Semi's (even though they had 13 loses coming into the glass house from that "Weak" east Tn area).

Many teams are blessed with talent year in and year out. You see most repeat time after time at the glass house and that's great. On the other hand you have teams that unfortunately is not in that same scenario that have to work their butts off to get there. Each 8 teams deserve to be where they are due to high level of talent and hard work. I did watch Unaka the other night they have talent maybe not as much as the west teams but I witnessed a group that came together and played their guts out I seen one girl get crushed by two players and came back in to finish the game limping and I witness another one sliding for a loose ball and ending up hitting the door frame and landing in the hall way so yes maybe the west has more talent but I guarantee you these eastern teams won't go out without a fight.

• Like 2