Class A draw

Greenfieldfan

There's no other way to do it unless you expand the field to 16 (which is what the sectional is so what would be the point). You could do "computer rankings" but some teams wouldnt be able to schedule harder since boys games also have to be considered when schools make out schedules.

I still think 4 classes should be an option.

After all this I'd love to see Wartburg or Unaka make a run in the state. You never know what might happen.

19 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You can't twist things to try and fit your agenda either go by what you say or learn to word things the right way.  You stated "The recurring theme is how year after year teams like Unaka and Wartburg benefit from playing in the weakest area of the state" .   I gave you examples of the past 3 years how a team from District 1 has won it or been one of the 4 best teams at state and you throw shade once again.  Was Hampton suppose to beat Huntingdon last year coming in with 13 losses?  Was a 8 loss North Green team suppose to make it to the Finals in 2011?  I never once said either of those teams were as good as South Greene but your trying to slam a whole area saying year after year  we always know if we draw one of them its a bye to the semi's (which has not happened the past 3 years for who ever has played a quad 1 team, and 2 district 1 teams were in the state semi's last year). Thats like me saying in 3a and 4a football that teams from Middle and West Tn shouldn't play in the state championship games even though they won to get there because the East is so far superior  (Thats not how sports work) .

Youre using one team and one exception. Let’s look at the past 20 years.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Indian said:

There's no other way to do it unless you expand the field to 16 (which is what the sectional is so what would be the point). You could do "computer rankings" but some teams wouldnt be able to schedule harder since boys games also have to be considered when schools make out schedules.

I still think 4 classes should be an option.

After all this I'd love to see Wartburg or Unaka make a run in the state. You never know what might happen.

Hey Indian on a serious note how did the old sectional system actually work?  I know Jackson County benefited by it and won its 2nd state championship in 2000 (1st was 1973) and the first of 4 in a row. I never quite understood it. 

49 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Youre using one team and one exception. Let’s look at the past 20 years.  

Lets look at the last 10 years from quad 1.  7 out of 10 years a team from quad 1 has made it to the Semi finals in A. Oliver Springs, Hampton, North Greene, Meigs, and South Greene have all made semi's in the past 10 years. So once again you saying year after year we know we have a bye till the semi's just isn't true.....Look back 20 years and you have teams that won it that aren't even a school anymore and privates where still playing in A

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Lets look at the last 10 years from quad 1.  7 out of 10 years a team from quad 1 has made it to the Semi finals in A. Oliver Springs, Hampton, North Greene, Meigs, and South Greene have all made semi's in the past 10 years. So once again you saying year after year we know we have a bye till the semi's just isn't true.....Look back 20 years and you have teams that won it that aren't even a school anymore and privates where still playing in A

Since you’re looking thing s up look this up. How many state champions outside of South Greene over that same time span?  Over the past 20 years?  How many state championships reside in the old district 7A and runner ups over that same time period? 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

Since you’re looking thing s up look this up. How many state champions outside of South Greene over that same time span?  Over the past 20 years?  How many state championships reside in the old district 7A and runner ups over that same time period? 

Why don't you just tell me since you know there UCSportsFan?  I never once said anything about championships, You said once again " year after year  we always know if we draw one of them its a bye to the semi's" . which hasn't been true 7 out of the last 10 years.  Stop changing the subject....

Teams from the west, especially Huntingdon, are battle tested. Gleason (beat Summertown) and Gibson County could just as easily made it as Dresden and all these teams play each other. 2 of Dresden's losses are to Westview who has a really good chance to win state in their division. I am not saying someone else will not win but Dresden, Huntingdon and Greenfield play the best competition all year. If Greenfield can pull it off this year they will win 3 in a row. I am going to go with Huntingdon this year. Good luck to everyone, hope it is some good games with no injuries.

20 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Why don't you just tell me since you know there UCSportsFan?  I never once said anything about championships, You said once again " year after year  we always know if we draw one of them its a bye to the semi's" . which hasn't been true 7 out of the last 10 years.  Stop changing the subject....

You’ll say the same thing next year because of the weak draw you got this year. Both teams are one and done if they play any of the other teams in the tournament and neither could come within 30 of Clarkrange or Clay County. Bottom line is how many state championships have they won over the past 20 years?  

Edited by UCSportsFan

24 minutes ago, FootballLife said:

Teams from the west, especially Huntingdon, are battle tested. Gleason (beat Summertown) and Gibson County could just as easily made it as Dresden and all these teams play each other. 2 of Dresden's losses are to Westview who has a really good chance to win state in their division. I am not saying someone else will not win but Dresden, Huntingdon and Greenfield play the best competition all year. If Greenfield can pull it off this year they will win 3 in a row. I am going to go with Huntingdon this year. Good luck to everyone, hope it is some good games with no injuries.

Gibson County will be hard to handle next year. All our girls will be back but one next year. We will get our 5'11 post back we lost end of regular season who broke her hand who had several double doubles. Her replacement came off bench and stepped up and had some double digit games. We have one of the best eighth graders coming up in the area as well as 4 or 5 of her buddies that are players. GC will have 20-22 girl roster next year.

Edited by pioneer42

4 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

You’ll say the same thing next year because of the weak draw you got this year. Both teams are one and done if they play any of the other teams in the tournament and neither could come within 30 of Clarkrange or Clay County. Bottom line is how many state championships have they won over the past 20 years?  

Gotcha so Unaka can keep it within 13 of South Greene but can't keep it within 30 of Clarkrange or Clay County?  I'm guessing Clarkrange and Clay County could beat South Greene too.....  Once Again I never once said anything about state championships just that you comment of  "year after year  we always know if we draw one of them its a bye to the semi's" which hasn't been true 7 out of the last 10 years no matter if you like it or not.  

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County will be hard to handle next year. All our girls will be back but one next year. We will get our 5'11 post back we lost end of regular season who broke her hand who had several double doubles. Her replacement came off bench and stepped up and had some double digit games. We have one of the best eighth graders coming up in the area as well as 4 or 5 of her buddies that are players. GC will have 20-22 girl roster next year.

Good luck to you, I enjoy seeing all the competition in West TN. I am sure all the normal teams will still be good next year, it is just going to be hard to beat Moore and the 2 Darby's but anything can happen.