Class A draw

Greenfieldfan

27 minutes ago, FootballLife said:

Good luck to you, I enjoy seeing all the competition in West TN. I am sure all the normal teams will still be good next year, it is just going to be hard to beat Moore and the 2 Darby's but anything can happen.

Moore is the oil for Greenfield's machine. She is what makes Greenfield go. Darby's are good but you lose Moore you would have drop off. We have slowed Darby down but we hadn't Moore yet. We have one of the best 8th graders in the area coming up in Madison Hart who will make an impact early. Greenfield wins their district we wouldn't have played them until finals if we would have beaten Gleason. So we are preparing our team to have to go through Greenfield because they knocked us out. But hope they can pull it off. Got a tough draw in Pickett County.

6 minutes ago, ForeverYoungGirl25 said:

MC will compete with anyone they face and after watching them Saturday they can play inside or outside.  One weakness I witnessed was their post defense and guards are not quick.  They all can score and they play mostly seniors

I have heard Moore County is good. May be the dark horse to win it all.

17 hours ago, midtnbb said:

Top bracket seems to be the toughest with only 11 loses against the 33 in the bottom half.  All teams have earned the right to be in the state as they came through the system setup by the TSSAA.  Everyone should be congratulating the young ladies that have earned the right to be there and not running teams or players down. 

The one truth is that no matter what way would be used to determine the draw everybody is not going to be happy.  Time to lace up the shoes and play.  May the best team win.

Dresden has 9 losses with 3 of those to Greenfield. 2 of those losses to G-Field were last second wins with one in the Regional Championship in double OT. 2 losses to Westview which is a heavy favorite to win the gold ball in AA & 2 to Gleason which beat Greenfield in the District Championship. Our other two losses were to Gibson County in the 1st game of the season & Crockett County in a Christmas Tournament. Dresden won't be a pushover this year & has plenty of talent returning next year with only 1 senior on this team. Mary Grace Davis is a beast & will be hard to replace.

3 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

Dresden has 9 losses with 3 of those to Greenfield. 2 of those losses to G-Field were last second wins with one in the Regional Championship in double OT. 2 losses to Westview which is a heavy favorite to win the gold ball in AA & 2 to Gleason which beat Greenfield in the District Championship. Our other two losses were to Gibson County in the 1st game of the season & Crockett County in a Christmas Tournament. Dresden won't be a pushover this year & has plenty of talent returning next year with only 1 senior on this team. Mary Grace Davis is a beast & will be hard to replace.

IF Dresdung gets by Summertown which I think they will they should play for a gold ball

15 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

How’d you know?  Summertown people go ahead and book your rooms you’ll be there for the finals. What a lucky draw they got. Starters won’t even play the 4th quarter till the finals. They got two straight byes to the championship. Dresden will give them a little resistance until midway through the 3rd quarter. The “semi” final cupcake game will not even be worth watching. It will be over by halftime. 

If your making your predictions on last year then you're in for a surprise. I can promise you that Dresden's coach won't allow Summertown to make five 3's in the first quarter this year. He'll have the girls prepared to defend the 3. These Dresden girls are scrappy on defense so a lot will depend on how the refs let them play. Our senior PG also went out with an ankle injury in the 1st qtr last year & we still crawled back on Summertown. 5 of our 9 losses are from Greenfield & Westview.

Better make sure you've got free early cancellation on those rooms just in case Dresden surprises ya.

3 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

If you guys play defense and hit some threes like you did against Greenfield in the Region championship I think you got a good chance of beating Summertown. Summertown played well up there last year. We have been up there and didn't show up and get beat early. Which Dresden team will show up? Which Summertown team will show up? Good luck to you guys. 

15 hours ago, cbballfan said:

Pickett won the championship game a few weeks ago when they beat CR. Not even sure why Greenfield is even showing up on Wednesday.

Because they have one of the best point guards you will ever get to watch. You'll see why she's a Miss Basketball finalist on Wed. Chloe Moore will put on a show.

7 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

Because they have one of the best point guards you will ever get to watch. You'll see why she's a Miss Basketball finalist on Wed. Chloe Moore will put on a show.

Pickett County has some really good guards as well this game will be a classic!  Can’t wait to watch them play. 

2 hours ago, FootballLife said:

Good luck to you, I enjoy seeing all the competition in West TN. I am sure all the normal teams will still be good next year, it is just going to be hard to beat Moore and the 2 Darby's but anything can happen.

I expect Greenfield, Gibson County & Dresden to all be the teams to beat out of West TN again next year. All have very talented underclassmen. Dresden loses Davis which will be hard to replace but they're getting two talented 8th grade post players. West is great at developing players & will have them ready to put in quality minutes next season. 

1 hour ago, ZEBRA35 said:

IF Dresdung gets by Summertown which I think they will they should play for a gold ball

I know this is gonna be a great matchup. Both teams are really good and have great coaching.  Dresdens losses were against studs.  As a summertown fan , I've been real worried abt this game until I read that zebra35 picked Dresden!   I feel so much better now........

6 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Hey Indian on a serious note how did the old sectional system actually work?  I know Jackson County benefited by it and won its 2nd state championship in 2000 (1st was 1973) and the first of 4 in a row. I never quite understood it. 

I explained to you exactly how the sectional system worked.