Greenfield vs. Summertown - A Championship

JacketPride5

37 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Congratulations to Greenfield and my old buddy. Well deserved championship as they played the toughest teams in the state and beat them. No question who is the best team in Class A. Greenfield 

Thank you UCFan.  This was a goal our little town has had for several years.  It's finally happened now, we can build on that. I truly believed we were the best team coming into the tournament but you never know how kids will respond. We have a group of girls who played their hearts out on the biggest stage and hopefully set the stage for more Gold Balls. I am one happy Lady Jacket fan. Congratulations to Coach Willie Trevathan and our State Champions. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

14 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Dont see Dresden or TCA or Gibson Co beating them next year. Good chance Gibson Co goes to state next year instead of Dresden. Huntingdon and Summertown should represent 6A again

Next year is a new year...but I'm calling Greenfield and Gibson County to make it. I want to say hats off to the Greenfield Lady Yellow Jackets and Congratulations on winning the Gold Ball. It's a great feeling when you are the best in your class. Between Moore and the Darby girls and some role players, GF will be a tough out for the next couple of years. Congrats from GC faithful. 

Edited by SuperFan14A

10 hours ago, rufus said:

any S town seniors that transferred in to play ball or is everyone homegrown?

S town had #34 transfer in her jr yr. But they like homegrown is my thinking cause they don’t know how to take care of one of the best shooters. Should have seen that kid lighting it up playing in the Nationals in Atlanta. Think I seen her play like 9 games in 3 days there. But hey  even if they did know y’all still would of one but they made it easier on y’all by letting them young ones get experience. Think she ranked in state too for 3s in a game 

14 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I think the best team won. Greenfield is the class of 1a this year. Moore i think is the best player in A ball. Can you repeat. Won't be easy. Had that chip on your shoulder his year. It's gone. Can you repeat with everybody telling you how good you are and expecting you to win it again. It'll take a great coaching job.

I don't agree fully with this. While Moore is good, if you haven't seen Chynia Brooks play you are missing out. Best player I have ever seen in Class A ball.

WTG! CONGRATS LADYJACKETS! Awesome Achievement! You proved to be the cream of the crop in 1A. Enjoy this! So proud of our down-the-road neighbors winning the Gold! yes Yes YES!!!

I'm thinking this areas teams in Region 7 (Greenfield, Gleason, Dresden in 1A and Westview in 2A) shouldn't have much of a let-up next year, so these Weakley County girls' B-ball teams should continue with more great Boro-bound teams for who knows how long? Going to be fun to watch! 

18 hours ago, foreveranole said:

Knew? I don’t think so! That game was Summertowns to lose until last part of 4th.

Yep knew. I said that was championship before they even played. All 4 teams from that side would have won. No disrespect to any of the other teams they are all great but that is how the chips fell.