Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gibson County is much better than early season when we played them.  How did Dyersburg ever beat GC?  If Dyersburg is one of the best AA teams in west Tennessee then AA is way down & Westview is state bound. GC has outplayed and out coached them all night. GC is up by 20 pts and it could have been worse. 

South Side is playing really good AA ball right now. We will have to play well to beat them.

No excuses from this Greenfield fan. South side is very athletic and a good team, we tried to press & run with them for 3 quarters and were down 18 late in 3 qtr. We pulled off the press and played half court the last 10 minutes and cut it to a 2 pt game. We had our chance to win but just got beat. 73-71

Proud of our girls after coming back from a 22 pt deficit, we could have quit. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

No excuses from this Greenfield fan. South side is very athletic and a good team, we tried to press & run with them for 3 quarters and were down 18 late in 3 qtr. We pulled off the press and played half court the last 10 minutes and cut it to a 2 pt game. We had our chance to win but just got beat. 73-71

Proud of our girls after coming back from a 22 pt deficit, we could have quit. 

Very impressive to make a comeback like that.  I don’t think the East Tn folks can really appreciate how good Greenfield is.  I also don’t think they can appreciate Region 7. I realize East Tenn has a long tradition of great Single A girls teams but West Tn is loaded with good Single A teams this year.  

Hats off to Greenfield......great basketball team. Very surprised they came out in a press early (hurt them offensively because they no legs on a few shots). They have to figure out a way to get Edie more involved on the offensive end, they need that 3rd scorer. Also great for them playing a tough, grueling schedule early. 4 losses (Arlington, GC, SS twice) which will greatly benefit them come tourney time. 

Edited by dmm88

53 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Hats off to Greenfield......great basketball team. Very surprised they came out in a press early (hurt them offensively because they no legs on a few shots). They have to figure out a way to get Edie more involved on the offensive end, they need that 3rd scorer. Also great for them playing a tough, grueling schedule early. 4 losses (Arlington, GC, SS twice) which will greatly benefit them come tourney time. 

You are absolutely right. Didn’t understand why we stuck with press so long because they had easy layups and got every offensive rebound. Our bright spot was the Hazelwood girl at post, her best game this year. Edie will be fine by tournament time and she is doing more each game. As I said before the season we may lose 4 or 5 games but games like last night help you. We almost beat a good AA team on an off night. 

Ok we've read all about west Tn. teams, but not much about anyone  else. I think there are some equally as good teams over in the east. (ie. North Green, Tellico Plains) as well as Clarkrange. I'm sure this comment will offend. But these teams have beat ranked 3A teams all summer and fall in play days. Just because they don't have the debth in their districts as the western schools is a disservice to so "called rankings".

1 hour ago, coachinclinic said:

Ok we've read all about west Tn. teams, but not much about anyone  else. I think there are some equally as good teams over in the east. (ie. North Green, Tellico Plains) as well as Clarkrange. I'm sure this comment will offend. But these teams have beat ranked 3A teams all summer and fall in play days. Just because they don't have the debth in their districts as the western schools is a disservice to so "called rankings".

No disrespect here. I lived in Middle TN for 15 years. Very good basketball in Middle and East TN.

3 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Refs are out of control early in the GC South Side game.     Wilkins got t’d up early and lost his mind wanting to know what he did.    Knowbory knows what happened.  South side definitely getting the whistle from the refs two nights ina. Row 

Coach was yelling at his players not the refs. Coach thinks refs heard someone in the stands. Coach yells at his players all the time and rarely yells at the refs. But I thought refs done a good job for he most part. Did a fantastic job compared to the Greenfield game last night.

Would agree that it was much better after my post.   Was out of control early with south side coach all over the refs and Coach Wilkins got the phantom technical.  Settled in after that.    Good win for GC as SS is a very difficult matchup for them.   They showed there depth tonight.   Ball took over early and basss came in and knocked down some big 3s.   Played majority of game without starting pg due to foul trouble.   This team is tough. 

3 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Would agree that it was much better after my post.   Was out of control early with south side coach all over the refs and Coach Wilkins got the phantom technical.  Settled in after that.    Good win for GC as SS is a very difficult matchup for them.   They showed there depth tonight.   Ball took over early and basss came in and knocked down some big 3s.   Played majority of game without starting pg due to foul trouble.   This team is tough. 

Bench points for GC are way up there every game. They will be tough again next year. GC's program went from rebuild mode to reload mode. They have a ton of good freshman and 8th graders coming in. They will be loaded for 5 more years at least. Appreciate the compliments. They played our worse game of the year Tuesday and followed it up with three great games. When we play fast and don't turn the ball over, we are very tough to beat. 

6 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Southside puts a lot of pressure on a team and Gibson Co did a great job of keeping their composure. Once their defense started keeping #2 from getting to the rim I think made the difference. She wasn't nearly as effective when she had to take the 10' pull-up jumper. Greenfield and Gibson Co are the cream of the crop in west Tennessee 1a ball and after seeing both teams multible times I still don't know who is better!