Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

41 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I see your IMO but don't go there my friend. Gibson County is improving every game and is just as good as Clark Range. Greenfield will have the two best players on the court no matter who they play and that includes Clark Range.  Both could be nominated Miss Basketball again this year.

Just be glad Clark Range is in with Jackson County (0-10) and this is the weakest district they have had in many many years. I never thought I would ever see Jackson County 0-10 on the season. Clark Range is a lock to make it to state. 

Region 7 has 4 of the top 6 or 8 teams in the state. Greenfield, Gibson County, Gleason and Dresden and all 4 will fight it out and its sad that only two will make it to state. 

The school's name is Clarkrange. To bring up Jackson Co because of their past is rediculous. They don't matter this year. 6A has Clay Co and Pickett Co, and those are who you should compare teams to. Clarkrange CRUSHED Dresden. 

Edited by bobcatfan300

So much for Clark Range being unbeatable and the favorite.  Stone Mountain (4-3) is an average AAA team and they blow out Clark Range.  Arlington with 2 Division 1 players is a much better AAA team and they barely beat Greenfield by 2.  We may have 4 or 5 losses this season but nobody in Class A will play a tougher schedule than Greenfield.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

15 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

So much for Clark Range being unbeatable and the favorite.  Stone Mountain (4-3) is an average AAA team and they blow out Clark Range.  Arlington with 2 Division 1 players is a much better AAA team and they barely beat Greenfield by 2.  

Arlington?  Never heard of this school is it new?   Will that help Greenfield come tournament knowing that Arlington is better than Stone Memorial?  Is the same Dresden team you mentioned in your prior post, being one of the top teams in Class A,  the same one that just got beat by Clarkrange by 37 points a couple of weeks ago?  

Edited by UCSportsFan

On 12/11/2018 at 9:03 PM, Mw4vols said:

You’re a homer. And probably never played a game.  How many bad calls does it take to change a game?  You think Pickett hitting 10 more free throws would have changed anything?  Once Clarkrange is up 15 or 20, they can coast.   Clarkrange  two post players were in the offensive lane so long tonight, that the bottom of their shoes are yellow.  On one trip down floor, I counted 12 seconds. The girl never left the lane the entire trip, until she scored.   The starting post player should have fouled out with 4 minutes gone in the first quarter. And I lost count of illegal picks after 30.   So, to say enough said, is a bit over the top. Over the last forty years, I’ve seen many games there, none were fair

I expected PC to lose by 20 since they lost 3 starters including Miss Basketball and start just one senior, one junior and three sophomores. But I was there too and of course I am for PC but our girls were knocked to the floor at least ten times with only one foul being called. Yes other fouls were called on Clarkrange but they got away with many more.  It is true about the standing in the paint all night. The most outrageous play was Clarkrange threw the ball out of bounds at the end of their bench. A player 2nd from the end kicked it back in and Clarkrange was allowed to keep playing. Pickett was ahead 10 to 9 when Abbi. Bilbrey was knocked down the first time with nothing called. That was followed by 6 straight fouls not called. It was the worst officiating I have  ever seen. PC could NOT have won with fair officiating. That is clear. Clarkrange is way too good. But they don't need the refs helping either. And PC will lose at home too. But it won't be by 37...unless these same three are back. Before the game even started when I saw who two of the refs were I knew it was going to be a bad night. No one should be on here saying PC would have won if it wasn't for the refs. Clarkrange is the better team. But the game should have been called fairly. By the 2nd half PC had freshmen in playing against the Clarkrange starters. The last Clarkrange starter didn't come out until there was 1:02 to go and they were still shooting threes. The running up the score was all about payback because Pickett Co. sent Clarkrange packing last year in the region. PC went to the state for the 4th straight year after knocking Clarkrange out. I said before the game they would run up the score for payback and that is exactly what they did.

Edited by bobcatfan300
Spelling

28 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

So much for Clark Range being unbeatable and the favorite.  Stone Mountain (4-3) is an average AAA team and they blow out Clark Range.  Arlington with 2 Division 1 players is a much better AAA team and they barely beat Greenfield by 2.  We may have 4 or 5 losses this season but nobody in Class A will play a tougher schedule than Greenfield.

For someone who thinks they know so much you can't even get the schools' names right. It is Clarkrange and Stone Memorial. Stone has two six foot two players. They play tough teams. If Greenfield is no better than last year, Clarkrange will do to them what they did to Dresden.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Arlington?  Never heard of this school is it new?   Will that help Greenfield come tournament knowing that Arlington is better than Stone Memorial?  Is the same Dresden team you mentioned in your prior post, being one of the top teams in Class A,  the same one that just got beat by Clarkrange by 37 points a couple of weeks ago?  

Clark Range caught Dresden at a good  time, Dresden only had 7 players and were struggling. They are a good team and will be ready tournament time.  I really think Gibson County and Greenfield are the best two teams in west Tennessee.  Arlington is a good team from Memphis Who has a 6’3 girl that Georgia was recruiting. Both girls committed to Memphis. Best team we have played so far this year. 

57 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You know very little about basketball. Stone MEMORIAL lost to the top AA  team, Macon Co and two top AAA powerhouses...Bradley Central and Riverdale. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Well according to our very own coachT.com "Green Field" has a schedule rank of 30 while Clarkrange has a schedule rank of 23. So this statement would be invalid. :roflol: 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

For someone who thinks they know so much you can't even get the schools' names right. It is Clarkrange and Stone Memorial. Stone has two six foot two players. They play tough teams. If Greenfield is no better than last year, Clarkrange will do to them what they did to Dresden.

For the record Dresden barely had enough to play Clarkrange because of mono or the flu. They cancelled and didn't play at all in our Thanksgiving Tournament same week. But Clarkrange is a good team, but obviously they got beat by a team that Macon County beat by double digits and Clarkrange beat Macon County and Clarkrange lost by 22 tonight so just like I said earlier in the week they are not in a class by themselves in Single A like I said earlier in week. Yeah good team and they could win it all and have our team's respect but West TN will be battle tested before they get to Boro as they were last year.