Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

On 12/4/2018 at 9:20 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Hey GC who’s in the Christmas tournament this year?  I might come down and watch you guys play a game if there is anyone there that can give you a game. Do you have a schedule for it yet?  If so post it and I’ll message you. 

Bring Clarkrange with you. They can give us a game. We are playing pretty good right now but we are not Alabama Crimson Tide just yet.  I don't know a lot about Sikeston, MO but they all will be games, IMO. Summertown came down and played us in our Thanksgiving tournament and they played us pretty good. They have a lot of talent and are young. Greenfield has young Darby hurt and you know what they can do. Clarkrange played lights out this summer in the Boro. I know they are good. Who else is decent? Clay County? Picket? Jackson County?

Jackson County will not win a game this year.    Clay and Pickett are both good.   Clarkrange and Clay county are playing in the Christmas tournament at White county.   Should be a fun tournament before we start our district schedule.   Cookeville has played Clarkrange a few times this summer and won but Clarkrange is playing very well right now.  Should be a great game.  

Greenfield is going to be fine by tournament time. Greenfield is not the same team without Edie Darby who has a fractured foot and missed several games but this is giving our young girls a lot of valuable playing time. Edie is the sparkplug and a difference maker on our team.  Proud of Reese Biggs who is playing great and a hard worker. Chloe Moore is the best player in the class A no doubt.  Tess Darby has turned into a great rebounder, playing great on defense  and will give you 20 pts. I’m looking for some depth from our young girls who are getting valuable experience. We are going to lose some games which is ok. Games like Gibson County, Arlington & Crockett County only make you better.  Don’t rush Edie back until she is full speed and healthy and we can go a long way again. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Bring Clarkrange with you. They can give us a game. We are playing pretty good right now but we are not Alabama Crimson Tide just yet.  I don't know a lot about Sikeston, MO but they all will be games, IMO. Summertown came down and played us in our Thanksgiving tournament and they played us pretty good. They have a lot of talent and are young. Greenfield has young Darby hurt and you know what they can do. Clarkrange played lights out this summer in the Boro. I know they are good. Who else is decent? Clay County? Picket? Jackson County?

Clarkrange is by far the best team in A basketball and I guess AA too since they beat Macon Co who was the pick to win the state in AA and they also beat Cumberland Co. who was the other top pick. Clay Co is very good and so is Pickett Co, but they are very young with just one senior...but she is one of the best around (Aaliyah Brown). Jackson Co is averaging 20 points a game and I can't see them beating anyone.

1 hour ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Clarkrange is by far the best team in A basketball and I guess AA too since they beat Macon Co who was the pick to win the state in AA and they also beat Cumberland Co. who was the other top pick. Clay Co is very good and so is Pickett Co, but they are very young with just one senior...but she is one of the best around (Aaliyah Brown). Jackson Co is averaging 20 points a game and I can't see them beating anyone.

Clarkrange is good no doubt we played them this summer and they beat us by 10 without a couple of good players. Macon County beat us by 2 points this summer. Clarkrange had some good three point shooters but I don't remember hardly any post play. Don't know if we will play but I will but one thing if we do they will have to bring their A game.

Greenfield took care of business tonight against Union City. Tess and Chloe had their 20 pt games and the young girls stepped up tonight. Caroline Crouse and Reese Biggs both played well and had double digit games. A lot of freshman played and contributed as well. Edie is waiting patiently to get back on the floor.  Once she gets back look out. Union City has talent and is not a bad team. I hope they don’t let Page McMillan coach because they would be much better. Keep working hard girls. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield took care of business tonight against Union City. Tess and Chloe had their 20 pt games and the young girls stepped up tonight. Caroline Crouse and Reese Biggs both played well and had double digit games. A lot of freshman played and contributed as well. Edie is waiting patiently to get back on the floor.  Once she gets back look out. Union City has talent and is not a bad team. I hope they don’t let Page McMillan coach because they would be much better. Keep working hard girls. 

Union City is a team that is very talented and will be tough for sure late in the year. I know you guys will be tough. Maybe we will see you guys again in our Christmas Tournament. Will be good for both of us.

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

Peabody is playing some great basketball right now. I've said for a while that Hart is probably one of the most underrated coaches in the area. Gets more out of his personnel than anybody else. And they play so hard.

They are always quick and athletic. You always have to bring your A game with them. Looks like a 3 horse race in our district with Peabody, TCA and GC. Madison Academy, Humboldt, Halls and Middleton are down this year. 

Greenfield 84   -   Crockett County 73

Greenfield played a complete game tonight, best game we have played this year. Crockett County is the best team we have played other than AAA Arlington. If we play like that we can win it all again.

Tess Darby looked like Miss Basketball tonight. 29 points and double digit rebounds. Edie Darby (10 pts) is back and a difference maker. Chloe Moore 27 pts and can score anytime she wants too. Reese Biggs (11 pts) and Caroline Crouse (11 pts) both played well.  (5 players with double digit points) and we got some depth from our young players that contributed as well.  

Edited by Greenfieldfan

37 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 84   -   Crockett County 73

Greenfield played a complete game tonight, best game we have played this year. Crockett County is the best team we have played other than AAA Arlington. If we play like that we can win it all again.

Tess Darby looked like Miss Basketball tonight. 29 points and double digit rebounds. Edie Darby is back and a difference maker. Chloe Moore 27 pts and can score anytime she wants too. Reese Biggs and Caroline Crouse both played well.  We got some depth off the bench that contributed as well. 

We played Crockett County and won by 15 in a  40 minute scrimmage without a running clock 10 days before we played you guys. They are a good team. I will say this. We played our worse game of the year against Greenfield. Most talented and skilled team we played is Summertown. Good team with a lot of depth that will be tough tournament time. We played Arlington and beat them 2 days after Crockett County by 15. They are a good team. Good win for you guys. Hopefully we will meet again a week from this Saturday.

Edited by pioneer42