Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

On 11/30/2018 at 11:24 AM, dtownfan364 said:

Dresden has disappointed you so far??? The Lions are injury/sickness ridden & are dressing out 7 players at this point & one of those is in a boot outside of basketball so you might as well say 6.5 players. I thought they played great against GC considering that GC has played way more games & Dresden only had 7 players. Those 7 gave GC all they wanted & only lost by 10.

I was impressed with Dresden the way they handled GC's press. Good team that will always be a tough out. Well coached. GC played well on offense first half and couldn't put Dresden away. They cut it to like 4 or so late. Union City, Dresden, Greenfield, and Gleason will have some battles. We have to play better and more consistent offensively. We play great defense. Dresden handled our press better than any team yet.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, westtnsportsfan said:

GC beats Westview 52-28.  Was never close.   Impressive win.  

We played extremely well tonight and we were focused. WV was not ready tonight and it was obvious about 4 minutes in to the game. We'll take it. We needed a game like this and if we could play offense like this every night, we'll be in pretty good shape this year. Great job girls!

On 11/30/2018 at 8:00 AM, AllVolHere said:

I agree. They a good free throw shooting team..... different set of refs and that game could of have had a different outcome considering 26 of their points were free throws. I expected it to be a 30 point game after seeing who was reffing and with Dresden only having 7 dressed out for the game. GC’s strength is they have numbers and are healthy right now. They keep a fresh 5 on the floor. Bass is the only real shooter I seen they have so far. A lot of season left for everyone to improve. 

Appreciate the compliment on Annie Bass. She works hard and is a good Christian girl and puts the man upstairs first and without him we wouldn't make it nowhere. She is a good player that is definitely a good shooter as is several of the other girls on the team. Annie can shoot it better than what she has so there is room for improvement. We have good shooters but a lot of the girls are just hesiant on shooting. Annie played about 3-4 minutes last night and didn't score and beat Westview by 24. She has been leading scorer multiple times but keep in mind she don't start and has to wait on an opportunity to see the floor. Poor offensive play and scoring 3 points in the fourth quarter cost us the Greenfield game last year. Difference in the Greenfield game this year vs last was we had 2 or three more threes and we full court pressed the whole game this year and evened up TO's and didn't at all last year. Can we be consistent enough on offense to make a serious run and avoid a loss to ????? Greenfield, Clarkrange, UC, Gleason, Dresden, TCA, Peabody? That is the big question. We played well last night but can we be consistent enough on offense to win the Gold Ball? Defense will be there. Has a lot of players and weapons. We will see. One bad offensive game can get you sent home early like last year.

Edited by pioneer42

On 12/2/2018 at 2:38 PM, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate the compliment on Annie Bass. She works hard and is a good Christian girl and puts the man upstairs first and without him we wouldn't make it nowhere. She is a good player that is definitely a good shooter as is several of the other girls on the team. Annie can shoot it better than what she has so there is room for improvement. We have good shooters but a lot of the girls are just hesiant on shooting. Annie played about 3-4 minutes last night and didn't score and beat Westview by 24. She has been leading scorer multiple times but keep in mind she don't start and has to wait on an opportunity to see the floor. Poor offensive play and scoring 3 points in the fourth quarter cost us the Greenfield game last year. Difference in the Greenfield game this year vs last was we had 2 or three more threes and we full court pressed the whole game this year and evened up TO's and didn't at all last year. Can we be consistent enough on offense to make a serious run and avoid a loss to ????? Greenfield, Clarkrange, UC, Gleason, Dresden, TCA, Peabody? That is the big question. We played well last night but can we be consistent enough on offense to win the Gold Ball? Defense will be there. Has a lot of players and weapons. We will see. One bad offensive game can get you sent home early like last year.

Hey GC who’s in the Christmas tournament this year?  I might come down and watch you guys play a game if there is anyone there that can give you a game. Do you have a schedule for it yet?  If so post it and I’ll message you.