Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2018 at 8:41 PM, gogold said:

What are the teams that are contenders looking like in the camps games ?   Any good updates ? 

I saw Loretto in Lebanon the last few days. Pretty solid group. Not overly athletic but fundamentally sound. Didn't see a superstar but a group that's well coached and plays tough.  They shot the ball well too from what I saw. 

Edited by Playerscoach

Saw Huntingdon and TCA yesterday at Bethel's camp. Huntingdon will still be solid, but they are gonna miss #14. The Swenson kid should have more of a bigger role this year. TCA probably will ride the Lee kids this year. They will determine how far they go.

Edited by dmm88

On 3/13/2018 at 9:25 AM, Chewbaca said:

ClarKrange, Loretto, Summertown, Dresden, Gibson County and Greenfield will all be favorites to reach the Glass House if they keep their teams together.  I heard that there is a possibility that some very good players may be changing schools this summer.  I guess we will see but if it happens some teams chances drop and others enter the picture.

Clarkrange lost their 2 best players. In 6A Pickett Co lost Miss Basketball Courtney Pritchett, and 2 starters but is still loaded. Aaliyah Brown could be a Miss Basketball candidate and 6'1" or 2" Abbi Bilbrey is another future Miss basketball candidate. They are very deep in talent. Clay County could be the favorite in 6A and are also loaded. They lost to PC twice last year by 2 points and by 14 and 18. They also beat Clarkrange in the district tournament setting Clarkrange up to having to meet PC in the region where PC beat them. Clay hasn't won the state since 2012 so they will be hungry. Clarkrange will be good but they most likely would be 3rd. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Greenfield is head and shoulders above everyone in class A statewide and class A in West TN. Only thing with them is do they run the table this year. Now having said that, I think Gibson County is going to be VERY good, not on the level of Greenfield, but a senior lead team, with some very good freshman coming in. They should be at state as well. Peabody, Huntingdon, and Dresden should be factors in district and region. 

Edited by dmm88

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, dmm88 said:

Greenfield is head and shoulders above everyone in class A statewide and class A in West TN. Only thing with them is do they run the table this year. Now having said that, I think Gibson County is going to be VERY good, not on the level of Greenfield, but a senior lead team, with some very good freshman coming in. They should be at state as well. Peabody, Huntingdon, and Dresden should be factors in district and region. 

The entire defense from last year's Greenfield team were the group of seniors that graduated. They were the workhorses. It will be interesting to see how the others step up.

The 4 seniors will definitely be missed this year with each of them paying big roles on last year's team.  Because of that, I think depth will be the biggest factor with our team this year.  Our starting five will be very strong with Chloe Moore (Junior), Tess Darby (Junior), Edie Darby (Freshman), Reese Biggs (Sophomore), and Caroline Crouse (Sophomore).  Each of these girls either started or played a lot on last year's team.  No one else on the team has much high school game experience.  Besides the starters, we have one senior (which missed all of last year with an injury), one junior (who started playing basketball last year), one sophomore, and the rest are freshmen.  If a couple of these girls can come into the game and play good defense and rebound (and I think they will), we should be have a good chance at returning to the glass house.  However, we better not expect any team in our district or region to just roll over for us.  We have to play a lot of good teams before we get back to Murfreesboro!