Top Teams in 2A for 2018!

Tiger4life88

1 hour ago, Justmy2cents said:

If Trousdale does not represent the East with what they have returning,they possibly could be a coaching change....justmytwocents 

#THEYARELOADED

I don’t think a coaching change would happen, I’m pretty sure Meigs has more starters returning than Trousdale, and maybe the best player in 2A, I sure would hate to see a coach get fired, especially if he lost to a better team.

1 hour ago, Justmy2cents said:

If Trousdale does not represent the East with what they have returning,they possibly could be a coaching change....justmytwocents 

#THEYARELOADED

Funny. That’s not happening. After the gas guzzler coach getting fired, this coach is safe for awhile. Trousdale has a good team but they may very well start off 0-2. Their QB who was all state will not be back till after those games. They are still a relatively sophomore team with the exception of the line. Trousdale returns a lot back but in no comparison to what meigs has coming back and are a lot younger than meigs and Tyner for that matter. Now I think they can have a say so if they stay healthy and QB comes back. They will not without the QB plain and simple. Wouldn’t matter if Phillip fulmer was coach. The QB is prob one 3 best players in AA. They are totally different without him. 

Edited by Volstate

2 minutes ago, Volstate said:

Funny. That’s not happening. After the gas guzzler coach getting fired, this coach is safe for awhile. Trousdale has a good team but they may very well start off 0-2. Their QB who was all state will not be back till after those games. They are still a relatively sophomore team with the exception of the line. Trousdale returns a lot back but in no comparison to what meigs has coming back and are a lot younger than meigs and Tyner for that matter. Now I think they can have a say so if they stay healthy and QB comes back. They will not without the QB plain and simple. Wouldn’t matter if Phillip filmed was coach. The QB is prob one 3 best players in AA. They are totally different without him. 

I think the two teams with the most returning starters is Meigs with 11 offense and 9 defense and Waverly with 9 returning on both sides of the ball. That's what I recall from Fridaymainevents podcast

15 minutes ago, Volstate said:

Funny. That’s not happening. After the gas guzzler coach getting fired, this coach is safe for awhile. Trousdale has a good team but they may very well start off 0-2. Their QB who was all state will not be back till after those games. They are still a relatively sophomore team with the exception of the line. Trousdale returns a lot back but in no comparison to what meigs has coming back and are a lot younger than meigs and Tyner for that matter. Now I think they can have a say so if they stay healthy and QB comes back. They will not without the QB plain and simple. Wouldn’t matter if Phillip fulmer was coach. The QB is prob one 3 best players in AA. They are totally different without him. 

I agree with you 100% look what happened to Meigs last year when the QB went down, it was not the same team, you had to throw the play book away because most of the plays revolves around him. But from what I’ve been told he’s been very limited in the scrimmages, and Meigs has been doing very well, the running back looks like a grown man.

Edited by Dadof2

41 minutes ago, Volstate said:

I agree with the analysis of your team. So much depends on youth, experience and health...especially at 2A schools. Hopefully the Rams will be able to get through the 1st two games(6A & 3A) without too many lingering bumps/bruises. Should be able to size things up by the end of September.

43 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree with you 100% look what happened to Meigs last year when the QB went down, it was not the same team, you had to throw the play book away because most of the plays revolves around him. But from what I’ve been told he’s been very limited in the scrimmages, and Meigs has been doing very well, the running back looks like a grown man.

They have looked good yes, and the rb is a much larger, faster back than last year as least from the Loudon, and Kingston Scrimmages that's what I have gathered. Although he got banged up pretty good in Kingston. We played 2 quarters of starters and went 3 touchdowns to 0 on them in that span. And Martin Smith sat out alot of it due to taking a haymaker of a hit. Not sure where he got hit but I'm very hopeful it was just gonna be a good bruise only from the encounter. Not had any info since the scrimmage Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I agree with the analysis of your team. So much depends on youth, experience and health...especially at 2A schools. Hopefully the Rams will be able to get through the 1st two games(6A & 3A) without too many lingering bumps/bruises. Should be able to size things up by the end of September.

TC has Lebanon (6A) who was playoff team last year and Frievdship Christian (private Div II) who will have a 16 game winning streak after winning state championship in first 2 games! They play Gallatin (5A) in jamboree tomm also! So could be tough sledding without best player but they have some new kids that look to be talented! 

3 hours ago, Volstate said:

TC has Lebanon (6A) who was playoff team last year and Frievdship Christian (private Div II) who will have a 16 game winning streak after winning state championship in first 2 games! They play Gallatin (5A) in jamboree tomm also! So could be tough sledding without best player but they have some new kids that look to be talented! 

Scrimmaging/ playing BGA, Gallatin, Lebanon, and Friendship is a brutal stretch for any 2A ball club.  If they can make it out injury free the region games will be a breeze.

9 hours ago, Volstate said:

Coach, you will win your region and have a better than average chance to represent the east

32 minutes ago, Justmy2cents said:

Coach, you will win your region and have a better than average chance to represent the east

I coached all these boys back in pee wee back in the day. It’s good to see this young group come up. I personally think the only way they represent the east is to not get anyone hurt and get the qb back and hitting on all cylinders. Right now they are having to play the big rb at qb to get by! But just like back in 2014, we were loaded coming back from 2013 State team and injuries killed us!