Top Teams in 2A for 2018!

Tiger4life88

12 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

It's only a pre-season poll..you could make an argument for several teams(including the one I support). Marion County is #14 and they beat TC, Rockwood played in the semifinal, they are #13..etc.

No problem because the whole season is coming!!

True statement sir! I mean one star goes down in lil ole 2 A and your whole team can change! We except for a few don't dress 85 players,Look at preseason injuries to my Golden Tide,TCA ,and many more on the list,my question is will we even know how it is gonna shake out 4 games in? Honestly no!!!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

It's only a pre-season poll..you could make an argument for several teams(including the one I support). Marion County is #14 and they beat TC, Rockwood played in the semifinal, they are #13..etc.

No problem because the whole season is coming!!

be kinda ridiculous to make rankings off of last years record wouldn't it? you would think it would go by who has what coming back.  they send flyers out every year to schools for coaches to fill out the info.

2 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

True statement sir! I mean one star goes down in lil ole 2 A and your whole team can change! We except for a few don't dress 85 players,Look at preseason injuries to my Golden Tide,TCA ,and many more on the list,my question is will we even know how it is gonna shake out 4 games in? Honestly no!!!!

I agree. And for the record, Tyner doesn't have a large roster either. We have players going both ways. I just hope and pray that all of the guys are ready to go come playoff time!!

Just now, TynerRamFan said:

I agree. And for the record, Tyner doesn't have a large roster either. We have players going both ways. I just hope and pray that all of the guys are ready to go come playoff time!!

Did Tyner lose a lot of seniors? Usually in 2A, teams that make that title run are normally loaded in one particular grade. 

4 minutes ago, Sportsman2 said:

be kinda ridiculous to make rankings off of last years record wouldn't it? you would think it would go by who has what coming back.  they send flyers out every year to schools for coaches to fill out the info.

Everyone is just so on point on The T today!!!! Another very true statement here folks!!!!!If you look at Meigs,TC and so on and so fourth that basically return the whole team of starters and a year older,wiser,more disciplined,how can ya go bull last year!!!

2 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

That’s what matters is playoff time! Whose healthy and who is not 

4 minutes ago, Sportsman2 said:

Yes but this is what most polls are based on...what a team "was" and not what they "currently are"!

3 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

All of our starters at PHS play both sides of the ball!!! Lil school problems!!! GL on your season friend!!!!

The last poll used a computer algorithm. I'm not sure what info they fed the computer but it should remove most of the human or regional bias from the selections. Plus it was the largest I've seen so teams that normally are not in the ranking conversation could argue over who's better #18 or 21. Overall, I like it as much or better than many of the human ones out there. 

• Upvote 1