Greeneville @ DB

26 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The first "rumor" was Redwine had injured his ankle and would miss at least the first three games. Then the second "rumor" was the injury wasn't as bad as previously thought and was expected to be ready to go in the first game. I'm guessing he either will play or won't play.

Either way GreenEville wins 

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Do you mean rain favors one team over another?

It very well could be an advantage to one team or the other .Just one player with wet hands could put the ball on the ground and be the game changer.Long as it's not raining and about 37 degrees like that one DB vs SH  game about 4 years ago.Batman just about gave up and went to the car,but I couldn't as long as the kids were still on the field.If it happens Friday night, the kids will be on their own this time.

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Do you mean rain favors one team over another?

I would think DB could be a little more of a grind it out team in bad weather than Greeneville. Although the Youngblood kid is a pretty tough FB and is a hard runner also. Wet footballs can make for an interesting game. Looking at the weather today it doesn't look as bad as I thought. Could still get some big showers or storms around game time. Thank goodness football is about to kick off. It's pretty bad when you have to watch CFL games to get your fix.

7 minutes ago, DandDD said:

I would think DB could be a little more of a grind it out team in bad weather than Greeneville. Although the Youngblood kid is a pretty tough FB and is a hard runner also. Wet footballs can make for an interesting game. Looking at the weather today it doesn't look as bad as I thought. Could still get some big showers or storms around game time. Thank goodness football is about to kick off. It's pretty bad when you have to watch CFL games to get your fix.

What about YoungBlood? 

5 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The first "rumor" was Redwine had injured his ankle and would miss at least the first three games. Then the second "rumor" was the injury wasn't as bad as previously thought and was expected to be ready to go in the first game. I'm guessing he either will play or won't play.

Good one....    Redwine is the Schrodinger's cat of HS football

4 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

What about YoungBlood? 

I mentioned him in my quote. Hard nosed player on both sides of the ball. With a name like Youngblood you're gonna be a player.  If DBs game plan is the way it should be Youngblood will probably have 20 tackles. Most of them on Hicks. He'll be too tired to run the ball. :-)   I would think Hicks and Youngblood will get real acquainted with each other Friday night.