REGION 5 | 2A

3 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Cornersville and Huntington are both great and would both win state in 2A but I think Greenback is at another level

Pretty sure all 4 of them are on another level than anyone in 1A...im hearing Cville is getting another forfeit but haven't seen it confirmed. That be 10 straight shutouts.

8 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Pretty sure all 4 of them are on another level than anyone in 1A...im hearing Cville is getting another forfeit but haven't seen it confirmed. That be 10 straight shutouts.

Whitwell Cornersville Huntington and Greenback would all leave 2A in the dust. I give the edge to Greenback because of the fact that they’ve been to 3 straight championships. But that Cornersville defense... I don’t even understand 

8 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Whitwell Cornersville Huntington and Greenback would all leave 2A in the dust. I give the edge to Greenback because of the fact that they’ve been to 3 straight championships. But that Cornersville defense... I don’t even understand 

Really doubt the top 5 in 1A would leave the top 5 in 2A in the dust bud. Whitwell is good I've seen them play but, but top 5 in 2A could play with them I'm sure. Same with Greenback, Cornersvile, and Huntingdon. 

Edited by Imthayeti

Final Region 5AA Standings

1) Lewis County (6-0)

2) Columbia Academy (5-1)

3) Eagleville (4-2)

4) Forrest (3-3)

5) Loretto (2-4)

6) Summertown (1-5)

7) Community (0-6)

Region 5AA Schedule for 1st Round of TSSAA Playoffs

5AA-1 #5 Lewis County (9-1, 6-0) vs. 6AA-4 Houston County (7-3, 2-3)

5AA-2 #7 Columbia Academy (8-2, 5-1) vs. 6AA-3 Hickman County (5-5, 3-2)

5AA-3 Eagleville (7-3, 4-2) @ 6AA-2 #6 Decatur County-Riverside (9-1, 4-1) 

5AA-4 Forrest (5-5, 3-3) @ 6AA-1 #9 Waverly (7-3, 5-0)

Lewis County (#5), Decatur County-Riverside (#6), Columbia Academy (#7), and Waverly (#9) in current AP Top 10 

#5 Lewis County (9-1, 6-0), coming off a bye week, hosts Houston County (7-3, 2-3) in the first round of the TSSAA playoffs. The Panthers secured the #1 seed and the region championship 2 weeks ago with a win at Columbia Academy. The Irish needed a win against Scotts Hill to get in and have an uphill battle against a Panther team that has won 8 straight games. The Panthers own the series with the Irish, winning 9 of 10 matchups all time. These teams last met in 2006 when the Panthers won 34-7, and this first round game could end in a similar score.

#7 Columbia Academy (8-2, 5-1) had no problem with Loretto last week, and now turns their attention to Hickman County (5-5, 3-2) in the first round of the TSSAA playoffs. Hickman County had a spirited effort in the rain last week before Waverly ran away in the second half, and now must travel to Columbia for a rematch of last years 1st round game. The Bulldogs (CA) came away with a 49-10 win a year ago and are primed to repeat the effort this year.

Eagleville (7-3, 4-2) closed out their regular season slate with a dominant performance against Summertown and will now travel to #6 Decatur County-Riverside (9-1, 4-1) in the first round of the TSSAA playoffs. The Eagles offense has been able to put a lot of points on the board but run into a Panther defense this week that has 4 shutouts on the year. In a rematch from last year’s first round, this game looks to be a tighter game.

Forrest (5-5, 3-3) won three straight, 2 of which were region games, to secure the #4 seed from region 5AA and will travel to #9 Waverly (7-3, 5-0) for the first round of the TSSAA playoffs. The Rockets struggled with consistency all season, but have a little momentum going into Friday night. They will need more than a little momentum to slow down the Tiger offense that averages just north of 48 points per game. The Tigers have been one of the favorites to march deep into the playoffs, and it should begin Friday night with little resistance.