South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie County

SCPRIDE30

11 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

A couple of things:

i likeky won’t be at the game so keep me posted.  

If SP keep the ball off the ground AND out of SC hands, then I like our chances by 2 scores.

Hopefully injury free night for both teams.

Good info with the history lesson about Sequatchie.  I always wondered by the co-op spells it differently.

I have an extremely strong feeling we won’t see RD post on an SP thread.  However, we may see him on a different team’s thread, and I ain’t joking.  

I’m pretty sure we did a pretty good job of this tonight.  3 scores instead of 2.   We controlled the ball pretty good.  Sequatchie isn’t that bad, but we were a little meaner tonight.  When Tipton got a cramp did the opposing guy that tried to jump over him land on his calf?  

Impressive win tonight especially in crappy weather. Great job by offense hanging onto the ball and defense is just salty. We won line of scrimmage from start to finish with a gimped up offensive line. Either our depth is better than we think up front or Sequatchie’s big uglies isn’t nearly as good as last year. Either way that was good win tonight and something to build on. 

5 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Impressive win tonight especially in crappy weather. Great job by offense hanging onto the ball and defense is just salty. We won line of scrimmage from start to finish with a gimped up offensive line. Either our depth is better than we think up front or Sequatchie’s big uglies isn’t nearly as good as last year. Either way that was good win tonight and something to build on. 

Agree

Defense for Sequatchie did okay. First score came after a tackle for loss would have made something like 3rd and 15 at around the 20 but a silly unsportsmanlike made it an easy first down then came the TD. Long TD pass the defender slipped on the wet field I’d hope that wouldn’t normally happen. Offense needs some work, a lot of new on that side even with some back, and the conditions and opponent weren’t the greatest for it. They’ll get better but 2 of the next 3 games are vs more good teams. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Someone give us some more details about the game. I listened in the radio. I just couldn’t sit out in the rain as sick as I’ve been this week. Proud of the Pirates tonight. That’s a good win over an older, more experienced team. 

Older but not a lot more experienced. 

5 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Someone give us some more details about the game. I listened in the radio. I just couldn’t sit out in the rain as sick as I’ve been this week. Proud of the Pirates tonight. That’s a good win over an older, more experienced team. 

They contained Raulston in the first half. Rondo scored on a short run in the 1st, Hunter Frame caught a 60 yard td in the 2nd, and then Raulston scored from about 10 out in the 3rd. Sequatchie could not have had 100 total yards.