South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie County

SCPRIDE30

For the game tonight...which SC team is going to show up. If it's the one that scrimmages Tyner then SP has their hands full. I still believe they were going through the motions in the jamboree last week. Sanders will have his chance to throw the ball tonight. I think he will make enough plays with his arm to lighten up the box. Raulston, Frame, Hubbard, and Tipton will all carry the mail and as with any game ball security is key. I see a tight game in the first half opening up in the 2nd. SP by 2 scores

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Like most have said, if Whitwell doesn’t get it done this year it will be some time before they are relevant again!

Whitwell had chances to put more TDs on the board but stalled out. Whitwell will be fine. Coaching will be the difference when they get to HS. As far as this game, With Sequatchie being at home they will come out fired up. SP wears them down with the wild #9 formation. SP will get the win by at least 1 score. Best of luck

1 hour ago, powerp said:

For the game tonight...which SC team is going to show up. If it's the one that scrimmages Tyner then SP has their hands full. I still believe they were going through the motions in the jamboree last week. Sanders will have his chance to throw the ball tonight. I think he will make enough plays with his arm to lighten up the box. Raulston, Frame, Hubbard, and Tipton will all carry the mail and as with any game ball security is key. I see a tight game in the first half opening up in the 2nd. SP by 2 scores

Well said! Not sure about 2 scores though. Sequatchie showed nothing in the jamboree and looked like they didn’t prep for Whitwell at all. Whitwell looked in mid season form but they likely wanted to make an example of Sequatchie since they were not interested a year or so back to schedule them. My guess is Whitwell treated Jamboree as a game week so I put zero stock in how either looked.

Im betting the Sequatchie team that pushed around Tyner a few weeks ago will be more in line with what’s SP sees tonight. 

A month ago I would’ve picked Pirates by 2 scores but now I honestly don’t know. Injuries to offensive line have kept them from settling in and it has shown. This team can’t put ball on the ground tonight or it will be a long night.  If Pirates play turnover free I will take the good guys by 7. The time has finally come for some of these Sophomores to STEP UP!

Win or lose tonight we got a lot of work to do before October.