Gibson Co @ Lake Co

mrbigster

Gibson Co 1-0 travels to Lake Co to take on the 1-0 Falcons. Saw Gibson Co  had about 20 returning starters while Lake Co was suppose to have had 10 returning on offense and 9 on defense I believe .But seems like about 3 not on the team this year. Saw some good things against Halls last night but saw things on defense that needs attention .A team with break away speed like maybe Huntingdon could spell trouble if not corrected. But first game of the year so plenty of time to maybe make adjustments. For first game,pretty good showing. Offense has a lot of weapons and didn't use a couple last night hardly. Freshman running back Abbott came in ,showed great speed running about 40 yards on a play in first quarter and about 25 yards in the 4th.Going to be a good one. Overall a pretty good first game. Can the Pioneers come in and stop the Falcons?

Edited by mrbigster

36 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Gibson Co 1-0 travels to Lake Co to take on the 1-0 Falcons. Saw Gibson had about 20 returning starters while Lake Co was suppose to have had 10 returning on offense and 9 on defense I believe .But seems like about 3 not on the team this year. Saw some good things against Halls last night but saw things on defense that needs attention .A team with break away speed like maybe Huntingdon could spell trouble if not corrected. But first game of the year so plenty of time to maybe make adjustments. For first game,pretty good showing. Offense has a lot of weapons and didn't use a couple last night hardly. Freshman running back Abbott came in ,showed great speed running about 40 yards on a play in first quarter and about 25 yards in the 4th.Going to be a good one. Overall a pretty good first game. Can the Cavs come in and stop the Falcons?

Who are the Cavs?  I thought you guys were playing the Gibson Co. Pioneers??

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Saw that Trenton beat Gibson Co 35-0 last year and with 20 starters returing,figure they will be better.

It’s just a rival for us in trenton. The schools are just a few miles apart and when I was in high school we had only been beat by them like once in 15 years. Losing to gc in trenton is worse than than the normal loss. Gc puts all their efforts in the band. They should have one of the better teams around but there is no support from the school 

5 hours ago, Tide21 said:

It’s just a rival for us in trenton. The schools are just a few miles apart and when I was in high school we had only been beat by them like once in 15 years. Losing to gc in trenton is worse than than the normal loss. Gc puts all their efforts in the band. They should have one of the better teams around but there is no support from the school 

No support from the school?

A bold statement to make considering how much money has gone into building a new stadium, new field house, new indoor practice facility, new gear, and new weight room....

Just admit you’re wrong and we will move on...

Edited by GCPioneer

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

No support from the school?

A bold statement to make considering how much money has gone into building a new stadium, new field house, new indoor practice facility, new gear, and new weight room....

Just admit you’re wrong and we will move on...

Ok I’m wrong you guys did put money in to the program but you guys do back the band and basketball more than football or at least have in the past