Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

PUBLICLY:    Well yes, DB lost to Greeneville, but if not for a dropped pass here or a missed tackle there....  We are taking DB very seriously and just hope to be able to stay on the field with them and somehow get the win.

PRIVATELY:   ha-ha, heh-heh......   Man the devils made them look like a middle school team, and I mean a BAD middle school team.... This one is a slam dunk, go wildcats!!!!!

RESULTS:    OR comes into this game over confident and falls to the Tribe 28-24

The last score you picked was way off!  However,  the odds are more in your favor this for this game.  The East Tn DB Tribe comes into this game peed off about the last game and takes their frustrations out on the OR kittywildcats and get's the Victory!   

Edited by Romansfive8

Ok with Greeneville spokes person (DevilMan) guaranteeing they can beat anyone, then this game could pretty much quieten down his holy enthusiasm. If OR can blow out DB I will shout from the top old Smokey only exception in my case I will go to the top of Mt Rainier here in Seattle and shout out loud "Great Job Wildcats". LOL :)

Go Wildcats!!!

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I guess this should be its own post, but....  Just because a band is bigger does that mean they are automatically better?    In other words, a football game is won or lost based on objectivity, i.e., the scoreboard.    A band competition.... isn't the outcome more subjective?

I'm just messing with everyone, I have seen DB's band perform off and on since the 70's, they are top notch and always have been.

Bigger school = more trumpet players to pick from. Just imagine how good DB's band would be if all that trumpet talent walking the halls everyday would join the band. 

We used to have a school in Blount County called Everett High that's pride and joy was the band over 43 years ago before going into Heritage High. People would come out of the woodwork to go see them play just like D-B. The football team was a carbon copy of what you see at William Blount but you never said anything bad about that band or the natives would get very upset with you.

dbnn9g.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KEV-O said:

Bigger school = more trumpet players to pick from. Just imagine how good DB's band would be if all that trumpet talent walking the halls everyday would join the band. 

Just imagine the Anderson Co. Band if all that wasted air they blow about Greeneville went to the band.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, KEV-O said:

There's no trumpet talent walking the halls at DB.  25% of the school body is in the band. That's 25% and growing. Ten years from now it will be a requirement. The band is getting so big and powerful they may eventually take over Eastman. I might be kidding but I might not be.