Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

2 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

I worry about you sometimes Willie. 

You and me sister. Thank you for your concern and I will try and straighten up and fly right. Beat those Pats from Oakland,

Here is a story about Oak Ridge and Oakland. Back in the late 1990's, OR played Oakland at LaVergne HS because MTSU was working on their field. Oakland jumped all over the Wildcats and at the half was up 28 - 0.

During the Halftime the Oak Ridge band just went nuts and played Loud and Proud the entire game

Coach Gaddis led the Wildcats out going nuts and the OR faithful went crazy. OR QB Jared Tharpe played the game of his life and the game was tied 28 - 28 at the en of the game. The Wildcats scored and made the XP in OT. Oakland scored but missed there. Fun ride back home

16 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'd tend to agree if this is a close game or DB wins .However,you never know the whole story until the season is complete.I hope Greeneville can win another title this year but no team is guaranteed that at this point and time.So many factors can derail a season .

So very true. A key injury here or there and there goes the season.

DB has a good football team.  Throwout that 43-3 loss at the hands of Greeneville.  You have to understand just how good this years Greeneville team is, just watch the highlight footage on p62 of the Greeneville @ DB thread..  They are going to abuse everybody they play, not just DB.  OR better come prepared for a dogfight.   

Edited by oridgecat
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

DB has a good football team.  Throwout that 43-3 loss at the hands of Greeneville.  You have to understand just how good this years Greeneville team is, just watch the highlight footage on p62 of the Greeneville @ DB thread..  They are going to abuse everybody they play, not just DB.  OR better come prepared for a dogfight.   

AGREED!!!

49 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

You have to understand that score could of been worse, much worse. You have to understand DB is a 6A school with a very good tradition and is the 2nd winningest school in the state. Yeah, Greenville is a awesome football team and without taking anything away from them DB was terrible Friday night. I don't think anybody (even DevilMan} expected it to be that easy. It was truly like a high school vs. a middle school. It was not the players. DB has good athletes. We will see if the coaches can get their #### together Friday night. They have a long way to go and a short time to get there.

Just now, WaCoJaCo said:

You have to understand that score could of been worse, much worse. You have to understand DB is a 6A school with a very good tradition and is the 2nd winningest school in the state. Yeah, Greenville is a awesome football team and without taking anything away from them DB was terrible Friday night. I don't think anybody (even DevilMan} expected it to be that easy. It was truly like a high school vs. a middle school. It was not the players. DB has good athletes. We will see if the coaches can get their #### together Friday night. They have a long way to go and a short time to get there.

Yeah, when I watched the footage, to an outsider DB looks like the typical DB team; big, strong, fast and poorly coached.  Lol.