Dresden at Lake Co

shockernation

31 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

Both these teams are extremely overrated. 

Interested in your pick on who is not overrated? Dresden looks pretty solid too me. LC only had the late touchdowns due to us keeping our playmakers off the field. I guarantee there would not been any LC kickoff returns if our playmakers played special teams last night like usual. 

Yates was a beast indeed. Super fast. Run over & around folk (LC had a couple of lightning fast runners too!). Yates score 4 times. AND Tyrone Jones out-beasted Yates! Jones had 5 TD's! And different receivers & runners ate up yardage to set up this dynamic duo. My point is: We are not a 1 (or 2) dimensional team. If others think, "stop Yates (or Jones) & Lions nullified, we'll win"... then our numerous other playmakers will light up the scoreboard on you. PLEASE, I sincerely ask our Lion opponents to think these things, & please make that your strategy.. please! Try it, we'll LUV IT! Your loss will be decisive & even embarrassing. (And also please think us CoachT posters are simply homers & blindly over-talking & over-rating our own team! Your buffet of crow to eat will be massive!)

GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY!

18 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Yates was a beast indeed. Super fast. Run over & around folk (LC had a couple of lightning fast runners too!). Yates score 4 times. AND Tyrone Jones out-beasted Yates! Jones had 5 TD's! And different receivers & runners ate up yardage to set up this dynamic duo. My point is: We are not a 1 (or 2) dimensional team. If others think, "stop Yates (or Jones) & Lions nullified, we'll win"... then our numerous other playmakers will light up the scoreboard on you. PLEASE, I sincerely ask our Lion opponents to think these things, & please make that your strategy.. please! Try it, we'll LUV IT! Your loss will be decisive & even embarrassing. (And also please think us CoachT posters are simply homers & blindly over-talking & over-rating our own team! Your buffet of crow to eat will be massive!)

Gonna be fun when yall come to Trenton!Us Golden Tide folk respect Dresden and know it will be a war!!!

5 hours ago, peabodypride said:

I can agree on the LC "dating" part,however  no one has really rated Dresden high or am I wrong,I think they are a top 10 1A team,do you not??And why???

You’re right Dresden hasn’t really been talked about at all this year, and they should have been. I should have said they were underrated. Easily a top 5 pick if they play like that every game. 

5 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Interested in your pick on who is not overrated? Dresden looks pretty solid too me. LC only had the late touchdowns due to us keeping our playmakers off the field. I guarantee there would not been any LC kickoff returns if our playmakers played special teams last night like usual. 

They had returns throughout the whole game. LC also had back ups in when they scored last TD. If it weren’t for fumbles the final score would have been even more ridiculous than it was. Dresden offense was spectacular but defense and special teams needs work. From what I saw y’all could definitely compete with Huntington, just gotta get defense/special teams better. Dresden was definitely better than advertised though. Personally think they played better than they will in any other game this season.

5 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

You’re right Dresden hasn’t really been talked about at all this year, and they should have been. I should have said they were underrated. Easily a top 5 pick if they play like that every game. 

I don't know if they can handle what is gonna come from the east in 1A but that's alot of football away! I know I am looking forward to the hyped crowd the Lions will bring g to Trenton in a few weeks!!

12 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

They had returns throughout the whole game. LC also had back ups in when they scored last TD. If it weren’t for fumbles the final score would have been even more ridiculous than it was. Dresden offense was spectacular but defense and special teams needs work. From what I saw y’all could definitely compete with Huntington, just gotta get defense/special teams better. Dresden was definitely better than advertised though. Personally think they played better than they will in any other game this season.

Mustangs would love to play Dresden in a semi matchup but we've got a hard road to travel to get there. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time the Lions beat Huntingdon none of you're players were born!

On 9/2/2018 at 11:26 AM, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs would love to play Dresden in a semi matchup but we've got a hard road to travel to get there. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time the Lions beat Huntingdon none of you're players were born!

You are probably correct. I haven't seen Dresden beat the Mustangs but I've only kept up with the Lions the last 7-8 years. 2013 was a dang good game that could've went Dresden's way if it wasn't for the partially blocked extra point. By far the best Huntingdon v Dresden game I witnessed. Even if we make it to Semi finals I don't think we have anything for the Mustangs. But I also was on the H-Town band wagon last year. 

Dresden played great and yall please keep talking about that Dresden and Huntingdon match up. Dresden played as good as a team can. LC was not ready at all for Yates. He is a tremendous football player. Yes he makes the lions offense go. True they have other weapons but without Yates their offense would not be as good as it was last Friday or any other Friday for that matter. Dresden will win every game the rest of the regular season with the exception of Peabody. They will find out what LC found last Friday. By all means Dresden deserves all the credit and praise for their play last Friday night. I have nothing but respect for the way Dresden played last Friday. By all means keep thinking that it will be a Huntingdon and Dresden semi final. Dresden fans have that right. I for one know that there are two seasons and the first game was for bragging rights and home field in the quarterfinals. The second meeting is the real game. Is Dresden that much better than LC? We shall see but if I were a betting man. I wouldn't count on another Dresden blowout. Again Dresden deserves all the credit in the world but it was just one game were the stars aligned perfect for the lions. Laugh if you want and go ahead buy your semi tickets to play the mustang's. I know I will catch a lot of blow back from my post but I will stand by it and say if and when Dresden and LC play again the game will be much closer. Don't get me wrong Dresden deserves all the praise that they are getting but no mistake it would be very foolish to right off the Falcons. Did I mention that Yates is one heck of a player. Our coach said it best on the radio show. Freedom Prep as 6 d1 prospects on their team. Legit d1. Yates according to Estes the Dresden coach has none. Who ever does the recruiting for those schools must have blinders on. Somebody out there should snatch this kid up now. Good luck to the lions until next time.

On 9/1/2018 at 4:48 PM, HevyReturns said:

Heavy you are a very good a reliable fan of the lions and I respect your support for your team. I will say this Dresden does have other weapons other than Yates but he has the ball in his hands on every play. If a team stops Yates they will will stop Dresden. He  is the one that throws the ball to Divers and hands in to Jones. So yes if someone can limit Yates the Dresden offense will grind to a halt. I know your going to say we have another good qb. I'm sure he is good but he is no Drake Yates. Stop Yates you stop Dresden. That is easier said than done. Good luck to the lions. By all means keep supporting your team. 

10 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Dresden played great and yall please keep talking about that Dresden and Huntingdon match up. Dresden played as good as a team can. LC was not ready at all for Yates. He is a tremendous football player. Yes he makes the lions offense go. True they have other weapons but without Yates their offense would not be as good as it was last Friday or any other Friday for that matter. Dresden will win every game the rest of the regular season with the exception of Peabody. They will find out what LC found last Friday. By all means Dresden deserves all the credit and praise for their play last Friday night. I have nothing but respect for the way Dresden played last Friday. By all means keep thinking that it will be a Huntingdon and Dresden semi final. Dresden fans have that right. I for one know that there are two seasons and the first game was for bragging rights and home field in the quarterfinals. The second meeting is the real game. Is Dresden that much better than LC? We shall see but if I were a betting man. I wouldn't count on another Dresden blowout. Again Dresden deserves all the credit in the world but it was just one game were the stars aligned perfect for the lions. Laugh if you want and go ahead buy your semi tickets to play the mustang's. I know I will catch a lot of blow back from my post but I will stand by it and say if and when Dresden and LC play again the game will be much closer. Don't get me wrong Dresden deserves all the praise that they are getting but no mistake it would be very foolish to right off the Falcons. Did I mention that Yates is one heck of a player. Our coach said it best on the radio show. Freedom Prep as 6 d1 prospects on their team. Legit d1. Yates according to Estes the Dresden coach has none. Who ever does the recruiting for those schools must have blinders on. Somebody out there should snatch this kid up now. Good luck to the lions until next time.

I agree with you 100%. Last Friday was nothing more than a warm up game for the playoffs. I also believe that the Memphis teams have a good shot of making some noise come playoffs. We never talk about them because they don't have much support on the T. Typically they have tons of talent and eventually they will play up to their potential. Is it this year? I have no idea. It will be interesting to see how this Dresden team looks toward the end of the season. We have a tendency to get a little over confident with our region being what it is. Good thing we play Trenton in a few weeks cause that is going to be a wake up call. I for one am not counting LC out, the big issue I can see for you guys is depth. 

3 hours ago, ysoangry said:

I agree with you 100%. Last Friday was nothing more than a warm up game for the playoffs. I also believe that the Memphis teams have a good shot of making some noise come playoffs. We never talk about them because they don't have much support on the T. Typically they have tons of talent and eventually they will play up to their potential. Is it this year? I have no idea. It will be interesting to see how this Dresden team looks toward the end of the season. We have a tendency to get a little over confident with our region being what it is. Good thing we play Trenton in a few weeks cause that is going to be a wake up call. I for one am not counting LC out, the big issue I can see for you guys is depth. 

The Tide will be happy to oblige in said delivery of Lions wake up call !!!!! What time does said calls alarm need to be set for!? Just funnin ya of course.