AC or Greeneville

BVDevil

if every team on greenevilles schedule is a cupcake, then those 10 games the heifers have schedules are the batter that the cupcakes are made out of. To be honest, both play weak conf schedules with the exception of Betsy on greenevilles, but atleast greeneville TRIES to schedule some non conf. beef...

and all this babble over who's better between martin or ballard is getting redundant. They're both incredible young men and great qbs. I personally would take ballard over any....ANY other qb in this state.

Im just happy to see this thread is doing what i intended it to do....good job boys....keep punching....oh and i too think greeneville will see betsy in round three...but i also thought that last year

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BVDevil said:

if every team on greenevilles schedule is a cupcake, then those 10 games the heifers have schedules are the batter that the cupcakes are made out of. To be honest, both play weak conf schedules with the exception of Betsy on greenevilles, but atleast greeneville TRIES to schedule some non conf. beef...

and all this babble over who's better between martin or ballard is getting redundant. They're both incredible young men and great qbs. I personally would take ballard over any....ANY other qb in this state.

Im just happy to see this thread is doing what i intended it to do....good job boys....keep punching....oh and i too think greeneville will see betsy in round three...but i also thought that last year

I agree with you BVDevil.  As a former Greene Devil football player (when Ballard was the O coordinator),  A high school football coach( that help take a team from one win to the Quarter finals in the 5a play-offs and 2nd in a conference that consisted of Maryville, Farragut, Bearden, Knox Catholic, William Blount, and Heritage), and someone who has seen both AC and Greeneville play multiple times in the last years since i live in Knoxville both are great teams and top 5 teams in the state the past 2 years. Both have really good offenses with great QB's who lead both teams.  Both Conference schedules are weak except for Betsy (Who is also a top 5 team in 4a the last 2 years) , but I see Greeneville at least testing themselves with an out of conference schedule. (I bet DB, Science Hill, Morristown West, and Pisgah all win more games than William Blount AC's toughest out of conference game).  These Greeneville Seniors have ate and breathed football playing together since pee-wee league (Cade was our ball boy when I played, Taught cade and shuffler at speed camps, Kershaw and Hite played in the flag football league I ran.) Watching both teams play to their capability its a Greeneville Win.  Greeneville has a more Balanced team and more Athletes at different positions. (Not saying AC doesn't have athletes but very few teams in the state have 4 D1 commits with others that hold D1 offers and more than likely 6 -7 more d1 signings at RB, CB, OL, 2 DE, DT, and LB not to mention a 2 time State Wrestling Champion as a Guard).

Hope we see the Cows in the play-offs but Betsy will have the final say so in that!

Edited by Swipes

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I agree with you BVDevil.  As a former Greene Devil football player (when Ballard was the O coordinator),  A high school football coach( that help take a team from one win to the Quarter finals in the 5a play-offs and 2nd in a conference that consisted of Maryville, Farragut, Bearden, Knox Catholic, William Blount, and Heritage), and someone who has seen both AC and Greeneville play multiple times in the last years since i live in Knoxville both are great teams and top 5 teams in the state the past 2 years. Both have really good offenses with great QB's who lead both teams.  Both Conference schedules are weak except for Betsy (Who is also a top 5 team in 4a the last 2 years) , but I see Greeneville at least testing themselves with an out of conference schedule. (I bet DB, Science Hill, Morristown West, and Pisgah all win more games than William Blount AC's toughest out of conference game).  These Greeneville Seniors have ate and breathed football playing together since pee-wee league (Cade was our ball boy when I played, Taught cade and shuffler at speed camps, Kershaw and Hite played in the flag football league I ran.) Watching both teams play to their capability its a Greeneville Win.  Greeneville has a more Balanced team and more Athletes at different positions. (Not saying AC doesn't have athletes but very few teams in the state have 4 D1 commits with others that hold D1 offers and more than likely 6 -7 more d1 signings at RB, CB, OL, 2 DE, DT, and LB not to mention a 2 time State Wrestling Champion as a Guard).

Hope we see the Cows in the play-offs but Betsy will have the final say so in that!

Swipes you said it perfectly. Now here comes COWSinflight or one of his other accounts Very quickly 

Edited by DevilMan03

i honestly hope we DO get a chance to go to clinton and mop the floor with AC this year because i know how good ac CAN be, once martin is completely healthy again. I personally dont agree with him being out there right now, but im not his coach, dad or doctor and i bet you if left up to martin, he wants to be out there because he's a great competitor and a great kid. i think it sucks that his HS career has been marred by injuries but that's part of this sport. And i will say this...martin in last years game was better than 99 percent of other HS qb's at thier best and he was playing injured, but i dont think it made a difference inthe outcome because as ive said before, he was still slingin it all over the field and if he had had a defense helping him  out as much as the refs did ( on the first play), then we might very well be talking about " can the devils get revenge" this  year....i'll tell you this too....every single one of our kids hopes and prays we get to see AC again down there this year because they're all sick of hearing about  how they got down 21-0....they want to show that THEY should have been up 21-0...and had that been the case, i seriously doubt AC would have been able to over come that at burley......bottom line though is not a word i just said  amounts to a hill of mr football awards....it will all have to be played out over the next 13 or so weeks.

12 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

i honestly hope we DO get a chance to go to clinton and mop the floor with AC this year because i know how good ac CAN be, once martin is completely healthy again. I personally dont agree with him being out there right now, but im not his coach, dad or doctor and i bet you if left up to martin, he wants to be out there because he's a great competitor and a great kid. i think it sucks that his HS career has been marred by injuries but that's part of this sport. And i will say this...martin in last years game was better than 99 percent of other HS qb's at thier best and he was playing injured, but i dont think it made a difference inthe outcome because as ive said before, he was still slingin it all over the field and if he had had a defense helping him  out as much as the refs did ( on the first play), then we might very well be talking about " can the devils get revenge" this  year....i'll tell you this too....every single one of our kids hopes and prays we get to see AC again down there this year because they're all sick of hearing about  how they got down 21-0....they want to show that THEY should have been up 21-0...and had that been the case, i seriously doubt AC would have been able to over come that at burley......bottom line though is not a word i just said  amounts to a hill of mr football awards....it will all have to be played out over the next 13 or so weeks.

You make...a little sense....but BVD I would have to overwhelm disagree that Greeneville would have won without the injury. Martin lives on the run/pass. He reminds me so much of Russell Wilson here with Seahawks. Not saying he's as great (DevilMan) did not say that. But Russell moves long enough that his receiver's get open and if not by that time he is down field. And that's what would have finished Greeneville in dramatic fashion. But it did not happen for that reason. It really is hard to say which QB should have won; I use stats DevilMan uses opinion. I will bring the mop and BVD you and your best friend bring the bucket and the Mavs will get to cleaning up what they did not finish last year. You keep Betsy in Upper north east Tennessee or otherwise we will be playing Elizabethton at Rocky Top. Otherwise you make fairly better sense than DevilMan but that is not saying too much. LOL ....I do agree I would rather not have Martin playing as much at this point but apparently the Mavs know something we don't. ;)

Quarterback: The leader of the team. He calls the plays in the huddle, yells the signals at the line of scrimmage, and receives the ball from the center. Then he hands off the ball to a running back, throws it to a receiver, or runs with it.

A healthy QB leader of the team is the overall most important position on the team. He is like the brain for the soul. If you brain is not healthy (thinking clearly) then this will effect the whole body. Likewise an injury to a QB can change the course of a game quicker then any other position.

It's ok to quote this summarization. LOL :)

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Quarterback: The leader of the team. He calls the plays in the huddle, yells the signals at the line of scrimmage, and receives the ball from the center. Then he hands off the ball to a running back, throws it to a receiver, or runs with it.

A healthy QB leader of the team is the overall most important position on the team. He is like the brain for the soul. If you brain is not healthy (thinking clearly) then this will effect the whole body. Likewise an injury to a QB can change the course of a game quicker then any other position.

It's ok to quote this summarization. LOL :)

Nice copy and paste from google 

17 hours ago, ReadOption said:

Cade Ballard is as good as advertised, Martin plays in a weak region without the needed tools to surpass Cade for the Mr Football award. Cade already has two wins over 6A schools that are normally better than their records this year. Lots of football yet to be played, but none the less, Cade Ballard should without a doubt win again hands down this year. With  his command of a great football team, he has mastered the QB position,. and continues to impose his will on lesser talent. Betsy and the Toppers have nothing to counter the Devil attack, and no real way to score what will be needed to challenge the Devils. The State Championship awaits.

The voters also know what he did against you all in the playoffs on one leg...lol Both are great but DB and MW are pretty bad teams this year. So we will need to let the season play out. 

53 minutes ago, Domin18 said:

The voters also know what he did against you all in the playoffs on one leg...lol Both are great but DB and MW are pretty bad teams this year. So we will need to let the season play out. 

Then schedule them for non conference... last time I checked they are still 6A

1 hour ago, Domin18 said:

If we are talking schedules, so far:

I would say that DB would beat both Knox Carter and William Blount pretty easily.

I would also take West over Carter anyday. West vs. Blount might be a good game this year, but I'd still put my money on West. 

29 minutes ago, rebelsrecruit said:

Of course Daddyball coach will have his starters in late into the 4th. Got to pad those stats for that Mr Football title that non of the Greenville dads, sorry I mean coaches care anything about.

Who’s your team again? 

They must suck and get killed by Maryville considering your username 

Edited by DevilMan03
  • Like 1