AP POLL CLASS 1A AUGUST 27 2018

Southtowner

2 hours ago, sum1uno said:

I myself like having a few rungs left on the ladder to climb early in the season. Polls are opinions and while I do respect most it is hard for most not to be biased. Do I think my team is the best? Well they are my favorite and I would pull for them against the 85 bears. Win or lose I enjoy watching them play. Football season is one of the greatest things in life to enjoy for me. I have been a fan for these dawgs for going on 40 years now. Stood in the rain during 0-10 seasons and as long as they fought and scrapped til the final whistle I was proud. I know there are many fans out there and sometimes tensions get a little high but I always thank the Lord that I am blessed to be able to enjoy the game in this great country we call home. Oh and as always.....

Go Dawgs!

Great post and I agree, every fan should think their team is the best. Even if there not winning every Friday night be there to support them. It means a lot to those young men to see support from the home town they represent! 

Good luck to your Dawgs this year...

28 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

There’s another orange and black team down south that might have something to say about a repeat. I know we can’t help our district schedule but outside of GCA our schedule is pretty weak this year. 

You’ve also seen a good red and white team down here. They aren’t a joke. Pretty dang good. You guys will have all mercy rule games until the semifinals except for possibly the Grace game. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

There is no “drama” in what I said. I don’t need you telling me what to start with or without. Go use your other screenname and come back on here for some good football discussion. LMBO

Exactly, where is the drama? GB is definitely the team to beat..no doubt about it. Anyone that says other wise is crazy! 

We may disagree about Whitwell but I’ll certainly agree with you about GB!

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Exactly, where is the drama? GB is definitely the team to beat..no doubt about it. Anyone that says other wise is crazy! 

We may disagree about Whitwell but I’ll certainly agree with you about GB!

Exactly... and I didn’t say we couldn’t beat Whitwell. I just believe it will be two really tough games. I don’t think there is any doubt about it. They have awesome skill guys again this season. Enough about them.. we have Marion coming up soon. 

5 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Exactly... and I didn’t say we couldn’t beat Whitwell. I just believe it will be two really tough games. I don’t think there is any doubt about it. They have awesome skill guys again this season. Enough about them.. we have Marion coming up soon. 

I agree with it being a tough game. No doubt about that. I honestly think our defense is better this year! Your right, MC is coming soon but we have a warm up game come Friday night. Hopefully we play our starts minimally and the second teams get out there and show out! 

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

10 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

I'll probably get lynched over this but the way Huntingdon is performing right now I've got them in the top 3

Glad you said it. I was thinking it but hated to throw it out there. If and I mean a big IF, they keep this train on track, I can honestly say nobody on the west side has anything for Huntingdon. I also said that last year and we know what happened. 

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

Glad you said it. I was thinking it but hated to throw it out there. If and I mean a big IF, they keep this train on track, I can honestly say nobody on the west side has anything for Huntingdon. I also said that last year and we know what happened. 

Year in and year out they have the best talent in 1A. They should be in Cookeville more times than not. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Year in and year out they have the best talent in 1A. They should be in Cookeville more times than not. 

Huntingdon has no more talent than any other town of less than 4000 folks. We just develop it better than most places. Our kids are ready to go as soon as they drop their diapers. We start them in 3rd grade and they are well coached up to high school. They build a bond with their team mates that's hard to break. It's really a total community effort. Huntingdon is a football town plain and simple.

12 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

There is no “drama” in what I said. I don’t need you telling me what to start with or without. Go use your other screenname and come back on here for some good football discussion. LMBO

Ain't this the pot calling the kettle black. You should have kept Roy and got rid of the AmbASSador. Everyone prefers Roy. LMBO