AP POLL CLASS 1A AUGUST 27 2018

Southtowner

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Two things here...

Huntingdon reminds me of Tyner. You always have great talent. SP has had our share as well, but on a much smaller basis. And others have already said it... A town of 4000 would be nice to choose from.  That’s not SP Tennessee though for sure. LMBO

Enrollment I guess is what really matters. Huntingdon at 330 is a bigger A school. Dresden at 362 is largest school of note. Cornersville at 321 is right with Huntingdon. Coalfield, Greenback, South Pitt and Lake Co are the over achievers with enrollments in the low 200's.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Enrollment I guess is what really matters. Huntingdon at 330 is a bigger A school. Dresden at 362 is largest school of note. Cornersville at 321 is right with Huntingdon. Coalfield, Greenback, South Pitt and Lake Co are the over achievers with enrollments in the low 200's.

WC averages around 300, give or take a few from year to year as does Collinwood which is only 12 miles from Waynesboro 

On 8/28/2018 at 6:49 AM, TheAmbassador said:

Ambassador’s Class 1A Poll

1. Greenback
2. South Pittsburg 
3. Huntingdon
4. Whitwell
5. Lake County 
6. Cornersville
7. Dresden 
8. Moore County
9. Gordonsville
10. Wayne County

How do you put Gordy in there? They got blown out by Watertown and beat a down and out SC team that a pee wee team could get the best of.

Amby, you need to read up . 

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

How do you put Gordy in there? They got blown out by Watertown and beat a down and out SC team that a pee wee team could get the best of.

Amby, you need to read up . 

I think there is only 6-7 good teams in 1A. Start trying to count how many. You will see why those teams snuck in at the bottom. Who else could I have put? Cloudland, Sunbright, Midway, Huntland,  Richland, Grace Franklin.  There is a lot of bad teams. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 7:18 PM, wildcat89 said:

WC averages around 300, give or take a few from year to year as does Collinwood which is only 12 miles from Waynesboro 

Corntown hasn't had any transfers we have the same kids that played flag together  except for 2 late comers that has never played you might want to get your mind right ambassador just saying you like crow hope u keep eating it 

On 8/29/2018 at 4:08 PM, wildcat89 said:

Should be 2-0, if WC hadn't turned the ball over 5 times Friday night it would have been much different

If horses had wings they could fly. You seem to not want to give any credit to SHS for a single turnover. Even after you took the 8-7 lead, you were stuffed on downs trailing 15-8. Summertown had turnovers too, three if I remember correctly. Bottom line is you are making excuses. WC is nowhere near a top 10 team.

35 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

If horses had wings they could fly. You seem to not want to give any credit to SHS for a single turnover. Even after you took the 8-7 lead, you were stuffed on downs trailing 15-8. Summertown had turnovers too, three if I remember correctly. Bottom line is you are making excuses. WC is nowhere near a top 10 team.

No excuses and I haven't said WC was a top 10 team but I've been watching these boys play together since they were 4 years old and I know when they play bad as well as when I know they play good and WC hasn't played good in the first two games. I'll give Stown credit, they played hard and did what they needed to do to win but what I'm saying is if both these teams play like they did this past Friday for the rest of the year then it's going to be a long year for both

1 hour ago, Chad02 said:

Corntown hasn't had any transfers we have the same kids that played flag together  except for 2 late comers that has never played you might want to get your mind right ambassador just saying you like crow hope u keep eating it 

WC has zero transfers, they get one or two from Clifton from time to time because they're in the county and don't have a football team. There's a boundary line that divides Collinwood and waynesboro and it goes by bus route, Cwood has their boys and waynesboro gets theirs, no town hopping for sports

5 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

No excuses and I haven't said WC was a top 10 team but I've been watching these boys play together since they were 4 years old and I know when they play bad as well as when I know they play good and WC hasn't played good in the first two games. I'll give Stown credit, they played hard and did what they needed to do to win but what I'm saying is if both these teams play like they did this past Friday for the rest of the year then it's going to be a long year for both

Don’t you have like 20+ seniors this year?  Usually a senior heavy team has great chances come playoff time.