AP POLL CLASS 2A AUGUST 27 2018

Southtowner

15 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I think you have Trousdale to high and Meigs to low, look at what Marion County did to Trousdale last year, and then you know what Tyner did to Marion, then Tyner barely escapes Rockwood with a win, and Meigs returned everyone but two starters, and Meigs had the number one ranked defense in the state on coachT last year, the starters only gave up 14 points two times last year, and their defense is better this year, and I haven’t seen anyone that can slow down their offense, they have three really good backs, they have some good receivers 6.3 and 6.6 on the ends, and everyone knows about the QB now, I believe if he doesn’t go down in the second quarter against Rockwood, there’s a good chance Meigs would have been in Cookeville last year.

Good chance they would have been. As for this year. Meigs and Trousdale are the two best in the east on paper. The west is a whole different animal. Trousdale???? Well if they are like I think they are then they are going to be awesome for some time to come. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Trousdale County with the win. The H2O passing game will be good, but the Trousdale rushing attack will ultimately be the difference in this game. 

Sort of what I was thinking, if we can win this game 2A better watch out, that would mean the jackets beat a defending state champ, a top 10 2A team, and took a 6+win 6A team down to the last minute without their best player. Could be a great year for my jackets. 

Just now, JacketNationFan1 said:

Sort of what I was thinking, if we can win this game 2A better watch out, that would mean the jackets beat a defending state champ, a top 10 2A team, and took a 6+win 6A team down to the last minute without their best player. Could be a great year for my jackets. 

2A better watch out the next several years. I checked your roster out. You’ve got a lot of young bucs listed. Trousdale should be in Cookeville. I said last year that people better get you then.  I meant it!

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

2A better watch out the next several years. I checked your roster out. You’ve got a lot of young bucs listed. Trousdale should be in Cookeville. I said last year that people better get you then.  I meant it!

The scary thing is they return almost everyone again next year. A lot of sophomores and juniors on this team 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

That’s what I saw as well. 2A in the east could be a wrap for the next 3 years. 

Definitely not a wrap by any means!! Marion, Tyner, meigs, Watertown, will all have a say in that as well  I think best team will be next year in my opinion but you never know bout injuries etc

5 minutes ago, Volstate said:

Definitely not a wrap by any means!! Marion, Tyner, meigs, Watertown, will all have a say in that as well  I think best team will be next year in my opinion but you never know bout injuries etc

I don’t know how many seniors Meigs has, but I know they have a lot of juniors that start including the QB, and some really good sophomores.

• Like 1