Trousdale @ Gordonsville

croz6110

3 hours ago, RunPassOption said:

Croz how will G-ville Line play be ?  

I know #28 will get his touches!!

What is your opinion on the new coaching staff? 

Gville has a couple of linemen that when they make up their mind, they'll be really good.

They're all juniors from tackle to tackle and they will be tested for sure this week.

I like the coaching staff. My son is a freshman this year, and I couldn't be happier with who his coaches are.

47 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I've learned a couple things in this thread.

(1) There are no good players on this TC team aside from the starting Quarterback.

(2) Friendship Christian, Lebanon and Watertown are all apparently on par with teams like Jackson County and Cascade.

(3) Apparently #8 is also the Waterboy on defense as well. Because last year they held Watertown, Gordy, Westy, Cascade and Bledsoe County to a combined 18 points. Yet this year won't be good enough on defense to stop anybody the rest of the year.

The bottom line is that people are overreacting. They are 1-2 against 3 of the 4 hard games on their schedule. They beat Friendship Christian who will once again challenge for a championship in their classification. They lost by 4 points to a 6A Lebanon team that is gonna win 7-8 games and go to the playoffs. They lost by 1 point to a Watertown team that is gonna have a great season as well. Both Lebanon and Watertown are much better than they were last year. Everybody knew that going into those games. And TC done so against them without the starting quarterback.

If they win those two games they lost by a combined 5 points is the tune different?

All you gotta do is attend the games to see how fickle some people are as you hear opinions go from we are gonna win a championship to the whole coaching staff needs to be fired just in one half of football.

This is a very good football team. And they will roll over some people in these remaining 7 games. Its gonna be very funny to see if some of these people change their tune about how good this team is after they rattle off a couple big wins.

Bingo! Perfectly stated

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Volstate said:

Creasy lol... he just got beat by a young maryville team that shouldn’t have beaten his team. He’s got transfers and is loaded and still got beat.  Creasy would probably not be 3-0 either. I will say TC should have closed out Watertown when leading 21-7 but 2-1 is what it is. Creasy lost some head scratchers when he was here to. If he don’t win it all at Oakland this year it will be tragedy with those college prospects he’s got! I’m pulling for him but remember he left here because he wanted out. He was looking to get out after year 2

Lot of those top players that Creasy has were injured that game and the team was banged up pretty bad according to one of Creasy assistant coaches also there were some bad calls 

33 minutes ago, RTD said:

Lot of those top players that Creasy has were injured that game and the team was banged up pretty bad according to one of Creasy assistant coaches also there were some bad calls 

RTD... the same excuses could be said for TC. It don’t matter. You win or lose. Creasy team is loaded and has gotten several top transfers to even make it that much more loaded. I like Creasy. But he was very lucky to have inherited maybe the best two teams in TC history from Clint. You or me could have won it all with those teams. 

7 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Real classy making a slam on his name. What a juvenile. 

Actually, that was a mistake. Autocorrect. If you've paid attention, you would know that I've never done that on here, and I have no need to start now.

Edited by croz6110
Addition
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Volstate said:

RTD... the same excuses could be said for TC. It don’t matter. You win or lose. Creasy team is loaded and has gotten several top transfers to even make it that much more loaded. I like Creasy. But he was very lucky to have inherited maybe the best two teams in TC history from Clint. You or me could have won it all with those teams. 

You must not know much about TC history if you think that 08&09 team was best in school history, we had a team that didn't win it(2002) that would have mercy ruled those 2 teams. Much less the teams in the 90s and the 05 team. Personally imo the 09 team is the worst state championship team we've had, the 08-09 teams had a ton of heart which helped will them to 2 rings.

1 hour ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

You must not know much about TC history if you think that 08&09 team was best in school history, we had a team that didn't win it(2002) that would have mercy ruled those 2 teams. Much less the teams in the 90s and the 05 team. Personally imo the 09 team is the worst state championship team we've had, the 08-09 teams had a ton of heart which helped will them to 2 rings.

Well the schedule must have been very easy in 2008 and 2009 because every one of those games were blowouts in 08 except the one game against south pitt in playoffs.. 2009 team got beat by Kentucky team and every game was a blowout except the McKenzie game. So I will have to disagree. I’ve been around here a long time. I do agree with you bout 2002 team! 

On 9/3/2018 at 6:11 PM, Volstate said:

Creasy lol... he just got beat by a young maryville team that shouldn’t have beaten his team. He’s got transfers and is loaded and still got beat.  Creasy would probably not be 3-0 either. I will say TC should have closed out Watertown when leading 21-7 but 2-1 is what it is. Creasy lost some head scratchers when he was here to. If he don’t win it all at Oakland this year it will be tragedy with those college prospects he’s got! I’m pulling for him but remember he left here because he wanted out. He was looking to get out after year 2

Creasy would have this team sitting at 3-0 with ease.  He knows when something isn't broke you don't have to fix it.  The offensive play calling has been something I have questioned.  If you run something the whole night and have success, why deviate from it when things get tough?????  Creasy would also have control over this team.  Players wouldn't be mouthing to players and coaches wouldn't be popping off to other coaches.  The TALENT is there this year on the Creekbank, there is no doubt about that.  But there are still a lot of questions about this program.