CORNERSVILLE @ PERRY COUNTY

RocketHouse

1 minute ago, sportsnutz said:

I get it.  You have to play your region. But the non-region games are super weak. Huntingdon,  for example plays 2 teams that have been ranked in higher classifications in Waverly and Milan. Also Camden on that schedule who blew the doors off Lewis Co that you mentioned in your previous post. Huntingdon doesn't have the most daunting region, either. Especially with Wayne Co being down, but they do have some true tests in their non-region schedule.

I wasn’t implying Lewis was a power house. They barely beat Eagleville. Huntingdon does play a tough schedule. I have never said different. Up until last year we was the homecoming game for most of these schools we are now getting some payback on. Last year was our first ever playoff win. Only ones I have a problem with is the ones that thought it was fun when they was dominating us a few years again but now cry we play weak schedule. As far as Huntingdon goes....we will cross that bridge if and when we come tomorrow it. Until then we focus on Perry Co. this week.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BAMF said:

I believe TSSAA has a process to gauge just how good a team is. It's called the playoffs. This schedule that you keep badmouthing was made two years ago. Let me explain something.Forrest is a 2a school.Cornersville is a 1 a school. They are not supposed to play the same schedule.We can't do like all other classifications and play down we play in the smallest class there is!Did Forrest play any 1a schools this year? Yep! We played 2 schools from your  2 a region. Not our fault they are down this year.Matter of fact not our fault that Forrest is down this year,and it looks like we have found the root cause to all the angst of your problem with Cornersvilles schedule . Little brother at the south end of the county ain't so little no more and it just burns you up! You worry about getting your team prepared for the playoffs and we'll worry about ours. Like the old saying goes " better to be pixxed off than pixxed on" 

Actually I know little-to-nothing about Forrest or their schedule. Seems like y'all have nice rivalry, though.

19 minutes ago, Salem said:

Schedule was made in 2016. Your region games were set and out of your control. Every Cornersville fan on here claims they have always been die hard Cornersville fans and they knew this bunch of seniors was going to be special. So they schedule three non region games. Eagleville, Community, and Perry County

Going by 2016 success Eagleville was a solid game to schedule. This will be your only regular season loss in two seasons. I'm not sure they beat Moore County this year.  Going with a 2-8 Perry County and Community (who thought they would be outstanding in 2017 or 2018?) were not great choices for a promising team looking for challenges. 

Faced plenty of challenges last season. Huntingdon, Lake County, and Greenback. My hope is that Forrest and Marshall get put on the schedule for next season. I would love to see all three county schools play each other and it would give some good non-region competition. The whole county is behind the bulldogs from Cornersville except Chapel Hill. Forrest had fans come down during the post season last year and cheer AGAINST the bulldogs. That still bothers me to some extent. Here is to a tremendous rest of the season for all three county teams and hopes that all three make the playoffs!

5 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Actually I know little-to-nothing about Forrest or their schedule. Seems like y'all have nice rivalry, though.

Sportsnutz I must apologize my comments were intented for that window licker from Chapell Hill who started this thread. I usually just read all these posts and never say anything but I've about had enough. Guess I better pay more attention next time. Once again I apologise.

7 hours ago, Salem said:

Somehow it had left the first four pages. A match up of this caliber deserves to have two threads. The bulldog 2018 slogans of:  Iron sharpens iron - Playing cupcakes is fun!  and Anyone, anywhere, anytime!  An easy win? Heck yeah, we'll drive 2 hours!  is exemplified here. 

It was on the second page. You didn't look very hard. 

6 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Faced plenty of challenges last season. Huntingdon, Lake County, and Greenback. My hope is that Forrest and Marshall get put on the schedule for next season. I would love to see all three county schools play each other and it would give some good non-region competition. The whole county is behind the bulldogs from Cornersville except Chapel Hill. Forrest had fans come down during the post season last year and cheer AGAINST the bulldogs. That still bothers me to some extent. Here is to a tremendous rest of the season for all three county teams and hopes that all three make the playoffs!

That's called jealousy, and it hurts no one except those who let it fester inside themselves. Everyone should hope that their team has a run like C'ville is now having, but if not, why hate on your neighbors? Scotts Hill and Riverside have been "hated" rivals for decades, but I hope for nothing but the best for them except when we play. Think I'm being dishonest?..the Riverside/Scotts Hill thread is up now from our game this week...check it out.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's called jealousy, and it hurts no one except those who let it fester inside themselves. Everyone should hope that their team has a run like C'ville is now having, but if not, why hate on your neighbors? Scotts Hill and Riverside have been "hated" rivals for decades, but I hope for nothing but the best for them except when we play. Think I'm being dishonest?..the Riverside/Scotts Hill thread is up now from our game this week...check it out.

Great post , you hit the nail on the head.