PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

5 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah they don’t seem like they want to joke around to much 

Lifes short!!! Have fun!!Make it worth while"wear Black N GOLD" All kidding aside this is so cool to have a 5/1 GC comimg to walter Kilzer!!!2 bigs bands playing,great atmosphere to boot!!!!T21 whats your prediction!???

Edited by peabodypride

Some of the Peabody posters are too cocky (or maybe 'self-assertive' is a better adjective), imo. Occasionally, Trentonians need to reel it in slightly.

Peabody has a great squad this year, no doubt about it.... However, the truth of the matter is that Peabody has not played great competition this year. Milan was the best all around team PHS has played. Although it is promising that Peabody came out with a win (barely). 

The touted dominate defense has yet to play a great offense. Consecutive shutouts are impressive to a degree, but none of the teams the Tide shutout are offensive juggernauts. The sub 4.4 speed across the defense comment is ludacris. However, 2 kids were laser timed sub 4.6. A very athletic junior class is a strength of this team.

However, the biggest strength of this team is with the coaching staff getting kids prepared and in a position to make plays. Come playoff time the defense will have an entire new look with different personnel groupings. 

Lots of football yet to be played.... It is too early to label this team as a shoe in for cookeville based on the level of competition Peabody has faced. Week to week anything can happen (i.e. McKenzie last year).

Hopefully Friday night there will be huge crowd in attendance to support a rivalry that has rarely been close in anything other than geographical distance. It's good for everyone involved that both programs have enjoyed success leading up to this matchup. The physicality the pioneers play with will be a great test for the Tide. Down the road, if Trenton is going to make a run to cookeville they will have to learn how to get hit in the mouth in the trenches and overcome. 

Although, I also believe we have yet to see the peak of what this Peabody team could be (scary thought).

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, woho77 said:

Some of the Peabody posters are too cocky (or maybe 'self-assertive' is a better adjective), imo. Occasionally, Trentonians need to reel it in slightly.

Peabody has a great squad this year, no doubt about it.... However, the truth of the matter is that Peabody has not played great competition this year. Milan was the best all around team PHS has played. Although it is promising that Peabody came out with a win (barely). 

The touted dominate defense has yet to play a great offense. Consecutive shutouts are impressive to a degree, but none of the teams the Tide shutout are offensive juggernauts. The sub 4.4 speed across the defense comment is ludacris. However, 2 kids were laser timed sub 4.6. A very athletic junior class is a strength of this team.

However, the biggest strength of this team is with the coaching staff getting kids prepared and in a position to make plays. Come playoff time the defense will have an entire new look with different personnel groupings. 

Lots of football yet to be played.... It is too early to label this team as a shoe in for cookeville based on the level of competition Peabody has faced. Week to week anything can happen (i.e. McKenzie last year).

Hopefully Friday night there will be huge crowd in attendance to support a rivalry that has rarely been close in anything other than geographical distance. It's good for everyone involved that both programs have enjoyed success leading up to this matchup. The physicality the pioneers play with will be a great test for the Tide. Down the road, if Trenton is going to make a run to cookeville they will have to learn how to get hit in the mouth in the trenches and overcome. 

Although, I also believe we have yet to see the peak of what this Peabody team could be (scary thought).

I think this is a very fair assessment

25 minutes ago, woho77 said:

No one said anything about 4.4 speed across the defense. I said would take a 4.4 to be faster than this defense. Reading comprehension is key. 

The team has been hit in the mouth last year as sophomores. Do you think as juniors they wouldn’t be as good ? 

We had probably 20 penalties against milan and touchdowns called back.  The score doesn’t reflect what really happened. 

53 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

No one said anything about 4.4 speed across the defense. I said would take a 4.4 to be faster than this defense. Reading comprehension is key. 

The team has been hit in the mouth last year as sophomores. Do you think as juniors they wouldn’t be as good ? 

We had probably 20 penalties against milan and touchdowns called back.  The score doesn’t reflect what really happened. 

You actually said it would take a 4.4 to be faster than "anybody" on the defense. If reading comprehension is key, so should be literary fundamentals. 

The Peabody program had to replace most of its offensive and defensive lines this year from kids graduating last year. Only a couple linemen with extensive playing time returned. You absolutely want to see improvement from an athlete's sophomore to junior season, but when I mentioned getting punched in the mouth and overcoming I also stated I was specifically talking about in the trenches. I guess "reading comprehension is key."

I was at the Milan game. Penalties hurt Peabody, no doubt. However, what really got Peabody in trouble that game were key players in key spots not being able to be on the field in the 4th quarter due to cramps. This was a great lesson on overcoming adversity early in the season for the Tide. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

And get destroyed in the 1A game “if” they get there... :D just messing. But really would like to see the Huntingdon and Cornersville rematch. 3 yards and a cloud of dust!

Not been a lot of 3yds and dust this year for either team. Besides, in Huntingdon this year so it would be 3 yards and a cloud of carpet dust lol

8 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I know some fans on here say we won’t be tested, but with the Tca and Adamsville games being on the road and us beating them last year especially Adamsville. I feel them two game probably will have a little excitement to it because they aren’t gonna lay down for us. In an interview I think if I’m correct the Adamsville coach said “ we are looking forward to the Trenton game” I know they have injuries but with a team that has nothing to lose they may bring something to the game the Tide may not be used to. 

I Know Coach Gray hasn’t said that! He doesn’t even like to talk about a game that is two weeks out, much less at the end of the season! We made it through a game this past week without an injury which was huge for us!! 

9 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I know some fans on here say we won’t be tested, but with the Tca and Adamsville games being on the road and us beating them last year especially Adamsville. I feel them two game probably will have a little excitement to it because they aren’t gonna lay down for us. In an interview I think if I’m correct the Adamsville coach said “ we are looking forward to the Trenton game” I know they have injuries but with a team that has nothing to lose they may bring something to the game the Tide may not be used to. 

You really think that? but believe this week will be a cake walk for ya? I'm telling you tide people GC is gonna shock you this week if you ain't careful.