Coalfield @ Greenback

GHSblackhelmet

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You are exactly correct crow.Has nothing to do with who you know thats a ridiculous statement.If we had been accused of wrong doing before i could understand red flags going up,we nevet have.We follow the rules.We are seeing the benefits of a brand new school,great facilities and we are 15 miles from the two best football teams in Tn history.If we benefit from that it is what it is.

I garuntee this is a bunch of mess. Its my durn goat that is carrying these boys from that Rankin mans field to that Ryan mans field.  Im not falling for this mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

7 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you better give my goat fudge rounds and not them durn honey buns.  Im bringing that body gard that Grider fired with me to get my durn goat.  You think im joking but im not. 

I taught that poor goat that there's better things in life besides a durned `ol fudge round!.........LIKE kiss'n

Cheerleaders! :thumb:

tenor.gif.a9a55ed7713b930c9b6790c6b57778c2.gif

He's got him a real cuttie pie up here!

Image result for goat and cheerleaders

5 hours ago, crow said:

SP crying about transfers after that Alabama pipeline they ran for a decade. Only time anyone ever saw tennessee school buses running in Alabama lol. 

Alabama Pipeline for a decade? LMBO.  I know of about 3 kids that came from Alabama in the past 10 years. Maybe another person can help me out with that one. When SP was in their prime from 2007-2013, it’s my understanding that those kids had pretty much played together and won all the way up like some of these recent Greenback classes. The fact of the matter is this. SP has NEVER received a transfer ANYWHERE near the caliber of Silvey, Roberts, or this McCord kid that I’m aware of.  They had the kid that showed up a few years ago trying to run from his troubles in Alabama, but he wasn’t the caliber of these cats and we know how that turned out. 

8 hours ago, Chad02 said:

One thing I do agree with you on and for another cornersville never gets any transfers  l know u don't think cornersville will be around but we still have alot coming up in the next few years I finally went and watch a middle school game tonight they whooped  some butt they are 7 and 0 I thi6  and I might say some stuff to you but you don't know this SR Defence  we have most of them started as freshman I just hope we prove u wrong again 

I know you have a good team and the game vs Huntingdon is the only close game you will have the rest of this season except for a possible trip to Cookeville. Our friends at Greenback won’t have any close games. 

This is our first year at Greenback and the first thing I noticed after reading a lot of these post is that the last few years have kinda spoiled some of the people here.  Everyone talking about getting the running game going and I was thinking it's going pretty dang good.  Most people think the transfer help the running game and I'm sure that it will to some degree (I'm excited to see this guy play) but it will also help the passing game.  One of the better receivers was playing running back also so that may free up another target down the field. 

I'll throw out some stats to show what I'm talking about.

For the season 159 rushes for 1063 yds averaging 6.7 yds/carry

63 of 114 passing for 1314 yds averaging 11.5 yds/attempt and 20.9 yds/completion 

273 plays for 2377 yards for an average of 8.7 yds/play

There have been 3 games when they have had more rushing yards than passing and vice versa.

2 games with 200+ yards rushing and 2 games with 200+ yards passing

What I have seen is when teams come in geared up to stop the rush they get picked apart by throwing the ball downfield and when they come in to stop the pass we run the ball well.  Coach does a great job of taking what the defense is giving and this will give coach another option to take advantage of the defense. 

We have 3 or 4 boys that have ran the ball well and with #22 coming back along with the new guy it will be more exciting to watch I'm sure.  I can't wait for next week! 

2 minutes ago, AllAboutTheW said:

Kid is a great athlete just watched his film good get for GB

I haven't watched his film yet but I'm sure he's a great athlete but that's not the point I was making.  Greenback has ran the ball very effectively and most teams would be very happy with those stats.  Nothing wrong with wanting more and I'm excited to watch him play in person.  Went to practice last night but they were practicing in the gym and you can't tell much in there.

7 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

I haven't watched his film yet but I'm sure he's a great athlete but that's not the point I was making.  Greenback has ran the ball very effectively and most teams would be very happy with those stats.  Nothing wrong with wanting more and I'm excited to watch him play in person.  Went to practice last night but they were practicing in the gym and you can't tell much in there.

I knew what you was getting at I was just saying he will be a good back for you guys, probably the best if I had to guess (this is coming from what I seen from the scrimmage)

11 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

This is our first year at Greenback and the first thing I noticed after reading a lot of these post is that the last few years have kinda spoiled some of the people here.  Everyone talking about getting the running game going and I was thinking it's going pretty dang good.  Most people think the transfer help the running game and I'm sure that it will to some degree (I'm excited to see this guy play) but it will also help the passing game.  One of the better receivers was playing running back also so that may free up another target down the field. 

I'll throw out some stats to show what I'm talking about.

For the season 159 rushes for 1063 yds averaging 6.7 yds/carry

63 of 114 passing for 1314 yds averaging 11.5 yds/attempt and 20.9 yds/completion 

273 plays for 2377 yards for an average of 8.7 yds/play

There have been 3 games when they have had more rushing yards than passing and vice versa.

2 games with 200+ yards rushing and 2 games with 200+ yards passing

What I have seen is when teams come in geared up to stop the rush they get picked apart by throwing the ball downfield and when they come in to stop the pass we run the ball well.  Coach does a great job of taking what the defense is giving and this will give coach another option to take advantage of the defense. 

We have 3 or 4 boys that have ran the ball well and with #22 coming back along with the new guy it will be more exciting to watch I'm sure.  I can't wait for next week! 

Good post and great to have another GB poster.I am one who did not think the run game was anywhere near where it was last year.The Grace game was an outstanding run game.When our line got challenged they stood the task and won every battle up front.NOW that being said other than OS we havent played a decent team and running against those teams is no big task.36 ran extremely hard against OS and in my opinion was really the game changer that night other than the D.OS handled us pretty good for two quarters but the better team won the game.This type back we have now we have NO ONE that can compare to him he is a whole different animal!Edwards is an edge runner not a hole hitter,what i mean is Gilbert and McCord are hole makers,Edwards is a finesse runner and in open field wont get caught also great on kickoffs.The running game was not the same without Breeden anyone could tell that.Well this kid is a game changer,but we all have to stay healthy thats the key.Also of course this helps the passing game tremendously!Again great to have you and i hope you get what im saying.Im sure you have a boy on the team or you wouldnt have all those stats,so good luck to him also.

14 minutes ago, AllAboutTheW said:

Kid is a great athlete just watched his film good get for GB

You do realize what little chance SP or Whitwell had competing with them this season just went out the window? Greenback was my 2-3 touchdown favorite in the east. That just went to a 4-5 touchdown favorite. Whitwell had an all state kid transfer in last season that has made them more dynamic. SP is still waiting for one, but I don’t see any coming. 

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Good post and great to have another GB poster.I am one who did not think the run game was anywhere near where it was last year.The Grace game was an outstanding run game.When our line got challenged they stood the task and won every battle up front.NOW that being said other than OS we havent played a decent team and running against those teams is no big task.36 ran extremely hard against OS and in my opinion was really the game changer that night other than the D.OS handled us pretty good for two quarters but the better team won the game.This type back we have now we have NO ONE that can compare to him he is a whole different animal!Edwards is an edge runner not a hole hitter,what i mean is Gilbert and McCord are hole makers,Edwards is a finesse runner and in open field wont get caught also great on kickoffs.The running game was not the same without Breeden anyone could tell that.Well this kid is a game changer,but we all have to stay healthy thats the key.Also of course this helps the passing game tremendously!Again great to have you and i hope you get what im saying.Im sure you have a boy on the team or you wouldnt have all those stats,so good luck to him also.

I get what your saying.  I just watched his junior highlights and he does see the field well and hits the hole hard and hard to tackle.  One thing I like to see is the blocking down field.  I agree the run game just got better. 

I understand he hasn't been playing any defense at Alcoa but I'm sure he'll get an opportunity to see what he can do on that side of the ball also.