Whitwell Tigers @ TC Jackets

TigerfootballFan

2 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

My take: Whitwell is a very solid team that is very well coached. They have good skill players and are able to both run and pass although they prefer the run which surprised me some being that TC has a really good Run D. They were able to make the plays tonight when it counted. TC OC has obviously been reading the TC CoachT posters and their love affair for #8. Baines is an exceptional athlete however he isn’t he only weapon they have and tonight was his first game action in almost a year. The kid was gassed by the end of the 1st. They did mix Satterfield in some but. It bear enough and I believe Hicks touched the ball maybe 3 times. Rankin has 0 carries and never ran QB. The offense was very vanilla and by the 4th and OT, Whitwell knew exactly what was coming and they were able to bend but not break. If TC is able to mix Hicks and Rankins and throw the ball a few times, Whitwell is on there heals and TC wins by 7 maybe 14. But I agree that TC got out coached tonight. Coach Waggoner is a standup guy and teaches more than just the fundamentals of the game , but also teaches life lessons and I respect him for that. I think his in game management is his weakness though. Congrats to Whitwell and best of luck going forward. Would love to have lost to the 1A state champ in OT. Safe travels going home!

Good post. We will try are hardest to get there got two really good teams in our way. Good luck to y’all the rest of the way brother 

13 minutes ago, MrOrangePants said:

The defense seems to be improving and is very good.  I agree about the offense. We Can’t just line up and try to out-talent(is that a word) the other team. 

The defense is very good and its a championship caliber defense 

10 minutes ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

Shut the heck up. I gave everything I had for this program and let’s just say I won numerous awards, everytime something goes wrong you blame it on anything. Heck if they kick fb to win game everything is great.Was two good teams. Whitwell was not gonna let TC run speed sweeps outside and TC made some adjustments coming out of half and ran ball extremely well. They had nearly 300 yards rushing according to cheese. Whitwell matched TC speed for speed. You could tell #8 was not in game shape for TC.  Good luck to Whitwell. Met a couple of really good guys tonight from Whitwell. Wish you guys luck! 

Good isn't good enough not at TC it would be different if the team did not have the talent to make it to Cookeville. But when the team has been outcoached 3 times this year by the other team making adjustments to stop the offense when you go into a game with a bad offensive gameplan and when the team has more talent than the other team I don't blame it on anything I blame it on the coaching on the offensive side of the ball because the defense played well enough for TC to win 

5 minutes ago, RTD said:

Good isn't good enough not at TC it would be different if the team did not have the talent to make it to Cookeville. But when the team has been outcoached 3 times this year by the other team making adjustments to stop the offense when you go into a game with a bad offensive gameplan and when the team has more talent than the other team I don't blame it on anything I blame it on the coaching on the offensive side of the ball because the defense played well enough for TC to win 

RTD I think the offense ran for almost 300 yards. So I wouldn’t say the offense was horrible. Need to get Hicks involved more but they were not gonna let him run speed sweep.  21 runs hard but is small. I think 21 had right at 100 yards rushing again but he had a costly fumble on first drive 

2 minutes ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

RTD I think the offense ran for almost 300 yards. So I wouldn’t say the offense was horrible. Need to get Hicks involved more but they were not gonna let him run speed sweep.  21 runs hard but is small. I think 21 had right at 100 yards rushing again but he had a costly fumble on first drive 

That's my point you have 5,6,21,4,7 even passing to 10,11and now 8 use your many weapons don't let the other team key on to one player hit them with a mixture of everything no just QB power to the right and left use some read option I just think the offense could be lot better  

2 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I was worried about #8 not being in game shape and it showed. 

He looks exhausted he never came off the field he played every down of the game but hopefully, he is in shape by the time playoffs come around but he had a good game and he seems to be a more physical runner

28 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Alot of mad people here tonight. Not sure why as both teams played well. It DID go into overtime. Not like it was a blowout loss just bragging rights.

Welcome to Trousdale County Football where losing in any way is not accepted. We don’t have the longest active playoff streak in the state for nothing (every year since ‘88). Winning has long been the thing around here and many a folk honestly don’t know how to lose. IMO it was an outstanding ball game and I think everyone on here would agree but like many of the other TC posters, we see this team week in and week out and know that the potential for greatness is there and the team just hasn’t taken that next step. TC has a long history of not necessarily having the best player or most talent on the field (heck we’ve never had a kid go D-1 to play) but they have always been the team that outworked you, out toughed you and outplayed you. The kids played hard no doubt and give Whitwell credit for being a good team, but TC should have been the better team and that’s what most of TC is upset about. 

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

My take: Whitwell is a very solid team that is very well coached. They have good skill players and are able to both run and pass although they prefer the run which surprised me some being that TC has a really good Run D. They were able to make the plays tonight when it counted. TC OC has obviously been reading the TC CoachT posters and their love affair for #8. Baines is an exceptional athlete however he isn’t he only weapon they have and tonight was his first game action in almost a year. The kid was gassed by the end of the 1st. They did mix Satterfield in some but. It bear enough and I believe Hicks touched the ball maybe 3 times. Rankin has 0 carries and never ran QB. The offense was very vanilla and by the 4th and OT, Whitwell knew exactly what was coming and they were able to bend but not break. If TC is able to mix Hicks and Rankins and throw the ball a few times, Whitwell is on there heals and TC wins by 7 maybe 14. But I agree that TC got out coached tonight. Coach Waggoner is a standup guy and teaches more than just the fundamentals of the game , but also teaches life lessons and I respect him for that. I think his in game management is his weakness though. Congrats to Whitwell and best of luck going forward. Would love to have lost to the 1A state champ in OT. Safe travels going home!

Everybody pack it up and go home. We already have a champ. The Whitwell Tigers :roflol: