Whitwell Tigers @ TC Jackets

TigerfootballFan

5 minutes ago, oldfootballplayer said:

I was on the sidelines/next to fence for the Lebanon, Watertown, and Whitwell games, and what I am hearing is not good.

If TC is winning everyone happy. If they lose everyone blames coaching, says they would have never lost if the had this coach on the sideline etc. I played for the great Coach Satt and he is a proven winner and I know guys sometimes forget now that he lost several games as well... his last 2 years as head Coach here he lost 9 games in 2 years..  Creasy who also is legend here and took over for Coach Satt in his last 3 years here he lost 8 games. People forget they didn’t win all their games either and they had some legend teams. I have a close view to this team being close to several assistant coaches on this staff. They are a close group of coaches who really get along with each other. They are coaching hard and are intense on sideline. People want to criticize and blame but they have no idea how hard these guys work. Just last week everyone was talking these guys up at their 4 game winning streak and how everyone was gelling and now people get on here destroying them. I’m biased cause two of them I grew up with. But I can tell you this, whether you agree with play calling or whether you hate the coach, I know without a doubt that TC has a head coach that cares about his players at not just being good football players but about seeing them excel in life. 

21 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I do like that Wagg is teaching life lessons to the players but the boys should not be content to lose especially to a 1A school. 

I would have liked Coach Jackson to have taken over the program. 

Everyone has their preference of who they would like to coach. Coach Jackson would not take this job if offered. Creasy and his staff talk bad about this place. People forget Creasy tried to get out of here for 3 years before getting Oakland. He wanted the Brentwood job but didn’t get it. Truth be known their were about 4 coaches who turned this job down before barker got hired. Nobody wants to put up with this mess and the coaching network knows it. So some of these rail birds that are always wanting a new coach everytime TC loses be careful what you wish for. 

I don’t think the players are content on losing to anybody. They lost to 6A lebanon who is 6-2, 2A Watertown who is 7-0 and 1A Whitwell who is 7-0....by a total of 11 points. 

Edited by Jacketsalumn02

21 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I do like that Wagg is teaching life lessons to the players but the boys should not be content to lose especially to a 1A school. 

I would have liked Coach Jackson to have taken over the program. 

An undefeated possible state contender 1A school. I felt like I was. Good game your messages reflect that Whitwell was 0-7 team with no real chances of winning when they came.

Here's a take from an outsider, but one that has talked to coaches from TC over the years and was on the TC sidelines when they played Gordonsville this year.

First, Whitwell is a very good team. They have at least 4 all-star players and a couple of legit Mr. Football candidates.

Second, the other two losses for TC were against very good teams as well. 

Third, some of the kids are spoiled. In the Gville game, one kid especially was cussing, f this, f that on the sidelines. The referee told him to watch his language. Kid gets mad saying, "where's my dad at?" They'll have trouble with that kid over the next couple of years.

Fourth, I'm not a fan of Waggoner. He cried and cussed about EVERY single penalty that went against TC, every. single. one. I didn't think it was a good example. I had heard some good things about him until then, and he flushed them.

Fifth, from what I've heard is Clint has hamstrung the program by putting limits and such on practices and workouts that he didn't coach under. From what I gather, that's part of the reason Creasy wanted out. He was getting undercut all the time, plus, Clint fired his wife. Just what I heard.

This is just my outside observation. There's more but I'm tired of typing.

15 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

An undefeated possible state contender 1A school. I felt like I was. Good game your messages reflect that Whitwell was 0-7 team with no real chances of winning when they came.

I was not putting down Whitwell. You have a fine program and will go far. I just meant that a 2A team should never be ok with losing to a 1A team period. Just like a 6A losing to a 5A.

9 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Here's a take from an outsider, but one that has talked to coaches from TC over the years and was on the TC sidelines when they played Gordonsville this year.

First, Whitwell is a very good team. They have at least 4 all-star players and a couple of legit Mr. Football candidates.

Second, the other two losses for TC were against very good teams as well. 

Third, some of the kids are spoiled. In the Gville game, one kid especially was cussing, f this, f that on the sidelines. The9 referee told him to watch his language. Kid gets mad saying, "where's my dad at?" They'll have trouble with that kid over the next couple of years.

Fourth, I'm not a fan of Waggoner. He cried and cussed about EVERY single penalty that went against TC, every. single. one. I didn't think it was a good example. I had heard some good things about him until then, and he flushed them.

Fifth, from what I've heard is Clint has hamstrung the program by putting limits and such on practices and workouts that he didn't coach under. From what I gather, that's part of the reason Creasy wanted out. He was getting undercut all the time, plus, Clint fired his wife. Just what I heard.

This is just my outside observation. There's more but I'm tired of typing.

This is my opinion, Clint does not want anyone to surpass what HE did for TC. Your ( a coach's) superintendent should not be in the pressbox trying to butt in.

I am probably in the minority. I do not care for Clint. 

Cussing and whining seems to go hand and hand in coaching.

Your all state RB has a sewer mouth on him as well. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

4 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I was not putting down Whitwell. You have a fine program and will go far. I just meant that a 2A team should never be ok with losing to a 1A team period. Just like a 6A losing to a 5A.

It's not my team bud, I just feel like you guys lost to a really good team. I feel like this thread most people dont feel like they lost to a good team. In reality TC has a good team as well. Sometimes a team is just better than yours. It's hard to accept I know but sometimes we are blinded by personal preferences. Which in turn dims the truth.