Union City travels to Gibson County

Bigsw02

3 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Honestly, I think we are at a turning point in our program right now. This senior class was 7th graders when the school system decided to consolidate the middle school football program between Dyer, Rutherford, Yorkville, and Spring Hill. We are now 4-5 years into this process and Gibson County is sitting at 6-1 and the middle school program just ended it’s football season a few minutes ago with a 60-30 win over Halls to cap off the season with a 7-1 record. The only loss for the Jr. Pioneers was a close one to Peabody at the beginning of the season. Will every season be 9-1, 8-2, or 7-3 for Gibson County? Maybe, maybe not.... but the groundwork is in place with a lot of talent coming up through the pipeline. 

That's where it all starts, in the youth programs. The 2013&14 seasons were the kids that signed up for the Jr. Tornado program. They had played together since the 3rd grade. We have had the best success since the kids that went through that program played together all that time. Sounds like things are going well for GC

7 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Sounds like to me UC is getting back it’s starting qb.   Good for them.  Hopefully GC will be ready for him.   Our D line needs to hit him early and welcome him back.   

He started last week as a defensive back. and played well.  I'd guess he will stay on defense as qb who played against TCA was more than efficient running the offense. As far as my prediction, you will have to listen to the TCA and Halls pregame show.

Edited by ReitzFan

Alright Tornadoes it is GAME DAY. Time to BUCKLE UP AND ROCK SOME HEADS. GC is on fire and playing very well. WE HAVE TO MATCH THEIR INTENSITY. We are improving week after week. NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE CONTROL. You must set the tone early and never look back. This is the BIGGEST GAME OF YOUR SEASON. Just do what you've been doing. COMPETE, PLAY PHYSICAL AND LIMIT FUMBLES. GO TORNADOES

3 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Alright Tornadoes it is GAME DAY. Time to BUCKLE UP AND ROCK SOME HEADS. GC is on fire and playing very well. WE HAVE TO MATCH THEIR INTENSITY. We are improving week after week. NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE CONTROL. You must set the tone early and never look back. This is the BIGGEST GAME OF YOUR SEASON. Just do what you've been doing. COMPETE, PLAY PHYSICAL AND LIMIT FUMBLES. GO TORNADOES

I know our guys are hyped for this one! 

Union City has handed out beatdowns to Gibson County for a long time... We turned the Tide last week... It’s now time to hand out a beating to Union City this week... We have been the more physical team in every game we’ve played. There’s no reason to let up now!!!

17 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

With no disrespect to Union City intended...

I’m going...

Gibson - 28

Union City - 14

Lets hear some other predictions...

None taken. I am only trying to fire up our boys. Thruth be told they probably don't even read this stuff. You are right though, UC has had their way with GC for a long time. It's going to be a hard fought game for both teams. Here is what I see as common attitudes for both teams. They are both tired of losing. They both must win. It's going to be a good game