Union City travels to Gibson County

Bigsw02

1 minute ago, shockernation said:

Gibson Co didn’t look bad in that loss! I praised those guys for the way they got down 2 scores and never quit...they lost in OT! I personally would love to see them win out and make a deep run! Everyone deserves success and that community is LONG OVERDUE! No disrespect 

Can’t argue with that. If we don’t win the region the team I would like to see win it is GC bc it’s long overdue 

11 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County is a lot better than you all think. TCA will find that out in week 10. 

Don't recall saying anything negative against LC. But if you think we will take LC lightly, you would be mistaken. You should not take us lightly either. But this thread is about GC and UC. Let's keep it that way

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

My opinion may be unpopular, but I will give it any way. Which GC team will show up? Is it going to be the one that showed up in a loss to LC? What about the team that struggled against an undermaned and depleted group from The Ville? Or, will it be the team that showed out against Peabody? UC is starting to get healthy. If UC can control or dominate the T O P against GC it could likely be a UC win. If GC can stop the FB for UC it will be a long night for the purple team. No team has stopped the UC  fullback all seaon. Only one team has even slowed him down. Turnovers can hurt UC. Eliminate those and their chances of a W increase dramatically. From past history, it will be a hostile enviroment at GC with lots of on field smack talk and GC will try to intimidate UC in various ways. UC must remain disciplened against that type of tactic. I feel the game will be close. I would not be at all shocked if a Tornado ripped through GC on Friday night. I would also not be surprised if GC took the W either.

Have you seen Gibson County play this year, or just going off of scores?

Which Gibson County team is going to show up? The same one that has been showing up every week. This hasn’t been some roller coaster season that has been up and down. The kids have come out with the same intensity every game and played hard. 

I think this game will be close. Union City is still beating teams despite having some injuries. It will be a good game.

Looking forward to this game. Don't know much about GC this year except that they are obviously better than years past. Obviously the fact you beat Peabody is impressive cause I honestly thought they had a great chance of going undefeated. So obviously this is gonna be another tough game. Our record is not what it has been in year's past but some things are coming together. Injuries have hurt and we are starting to get some back and subs are starting to find their groove somewhat. Turnovers (some of which are result of having to play new guys due to injuries) have been an issue. Got to cut those back. Although we only scored twice on TCA we did have some other good drives halted by turnovers. End result, obviously we aren't taking y'all lightly as your record speaks for itself. But don't think cause our record is down you should take us lightly either. We still have a lot of fight and a lot of grind in us. Expect it to be a slobberknocker of a game and I always enjoy good football. Should be fun!

1 hour ago, TennReb31 said:

Looking forward to this game. Don't know much about GC this year except that they are obviously better than years past. Obviously the fact you beat Peabody is impressive cause I honestly thought they had a great chance of going undefeated. So obviously this is gonna be another tough game. Our record is not what it has been in year's past but some things are coming together. Injuries have hurt and we are starting to get some back and subs are starting to find their groove somewhat. Turnovers (some of which are result of having to play new guys due to injuries) have been an issue. Got to cut those back. Although we only scored twice on TCA we did have some other good drives halted by turnovers. End result, obviously we aren't taking y'all lightly as your record speaks for itself. But don't think cause our record is down you should take us lightly either. We still have a lot of fight and a lot of grind in us. Expect it to be a slobberknocker of a game and I always enjoy good football. Should be fun!

Good post. Anyone would  be foolish to underestimate either of these teams. 

I am going to have to echo what my friend TReb said. We have had a struggle this season but we have managed to play with a lot of grit and heart. GC definitely poses a tremendous challenge for us and we must clean up penalties and fumbles to have a chance to win. Looking forward to Friday night.

32 minutes ago, Racerman22 said:

Wasn't it 10 years ago this week that 80 kids from union city rolled into Gleason with the dawgs playoff lives hanging by a thread.  The 30 kids from tater town played with a lot of heart that night and put a rented mule on the mighty tornadoes.  Issue a beat down Gibson county.

You are almost correct. This is the 11th anniversary. In 2008 Coach Bowling had taken the reigns from Coach Fischell and he has never lost to Gleason. I was at that once in a lifetime victory for the Bulldogs. It was also the loss that forced the former coach out and brought in Bowling. Thanks for the memory.