Harriman at Greenback

orngnblk

14 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I just noticed that Unaka and Hancock co. play twice in the regular season. I wonder which one counts? It was a 14-16 loss for Unaka and it is Hancock co. only region win. If Unaka beats Hancock both would have 1 region loss. If they flip a coin or how ever they decide the tie breaker we could actually have a first round game if Hancock comes in last. Do we want a bye to rest, or play and keep the rust off?

The first meeting counts towards Region record...

17 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I have just found a solution to the last regular season game Huntingdon has a bye that week. The two teams they play the weeks before have a combined record of 1 and 14 so they really dont need the bye week. We could meet in Nashville and settle all this talk. 

Y'all bring the goat that Roy Man keeps talking about and i'll bring the honeybuns 

Edited by glenfromgreenback

19 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I have just found a solution to the last regular season game Huntingdon has a bye that week. The two teams they play the weeks before have a combined record of 1 and 14 so they really dont need the bye week. We could meet in Nashville and settle all this talk. 

I've suggested on another thread that if a local 6A team didn't make the playoffs, you guys could play them in a pay to get in , game simulation scrimmage the 1st round of the playoffs. Be good for everybody, cut down travel, get a big gate that you could split. win/win for everyone.

If the 6A schools don't run from you...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

I've suggested on another thread that if a local 6A team didn't make the playoffs, you guys could play them in a pay to get in , game simulation scrimmage the 1st round of the playoffs. Be good for everybody, cut down travel, get a big gate that you could split. win/win for everyone.

If the 6A schools don't run from you...

I doubt any of the big schools would play us they have refused since the early 90s. That's a great idea though. 

2 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I doubt any of the big schools would play us they have refused since the early 90s. That's a great idea though. 

If William Blount didn't make the playoffs, GB vs WB would put some butts in the seats. Question is, assuming WB needed the money and would agree, would TSSAA have to sanction this 'game simulation scrimmage', and, if so, would they do it?

10 minutes ago, OldKee said:

If William Blount didn't make the playoffs, GB vs WB would put some butts in the seats. Question is, assuming WB needed the money and would agree, would TSSAA have to sanction this 'game simulation scrimmage', and, if so, would they do it?

Yes the TSSAA would have to and no they wont.Iwish they would we need something!!Maybe they relent their sentence on Unaka and let them play.That would be the simplest answer.