South Pittsburg vs Goodpasture (Grider against this Joslin man)

Roy Dillard

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

The Lehr Jet back in the day. 

Oh yes!!! Sweet memories!!! He sure made the best of his senior year and that being the only year he started!! Of coarse he was behind the Sisco Kid the year before and if not, there's no telling what he might have done in his career at SP. 

On 10/15/2018 at 8:29 AM, sportman said:

Several SP people around us in the stands Friday night all said the same thing. It was said we looked really flat in warm ups and as we came out for the game and no enthusiasm and to be frankly honest, I didn't see any player take any kind of leadership roll Friday night. If someone did I'd like to know who they were. Coaches didn't look inspired also, so let's get everyone involved in this thing.  One thing a team can control and that is effort. If we play like we did Friday night this game will be closer than many think. Do we have a good team, yes, do I believe we can make a strong run, yes, but we have to put in the work and effort to achieve it. I'm tired of hearing about we're young. After 8 games and still making the same mental mistakes as in week one? I can't wait till Friday to see if this past week out to the woodshed butt whiping  we received has done anything for us. I can take getting beat by a better team, but I can't take to sit and watch half effort.  If the seniors on the class don't step up. maybe someone else will. 

Old Pirate says SP folkes often are blinded by success over a on time. The Pirates were unable to defeat a more seasoned team loaded with size & speed while playing disciplined. Dad Burnit, some of these SP posts sound like the kinfolkes round the jailhouse. OP ain’t joking neither. 

The turnovers did the young Pirate team in last week. IF they don’t lose the turnover battle 3-0 that is a one score game either way at the end.  I know I know...  If ifs and buts we’re candy and nuts, wouldn’t it be a Merry Christmas. LMBO.. I’m anxious to see how this young team responds this week.  I was looking at Goodpasture schedule and some highlights. I would say they would be 6-2 right now if they had played the Pirates schedule. Lipscomb and Whitwell might be the only teams better.