South Pittsburg vs Goodpasture (Grider against this Joslin man)

Roy Dillard

7 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

The turnovers did the young Pirate team in last week. IF they don’t lose the turnover battle 3-0 that is a one score game either way at the end.  I know I know...  If ifs and buts we’re candy and nuts, wouldn’t it be a Merry Christmas. LMBO.. I’m anxious to see how this young team responds this week.  I was looking at Goodpasture schedule and some highlights. I would say they would be 6-2 right now if they had played the Pirates schedule. Lipscomb and Whitwell might be the only teams better

Lipscomb has proven that they are better this year, but yes, they would have a good record with our schedule.  Sequatchie would be a toss up, I would probably give the nod to the Indians though.  Goodpasture will be a good matchup to get things straightened up though.

I also agree with you about the turnovers.  We were moving the ball well each time that we fumbled and could possibly have scored (one was going to be a definite score).  At the same time though, they weren't just gifts that we gave Whitwell.  On 2 of the fumbles Whitwell took it out of our hands.  In the end, they were the better team but I still like our chances in the next matchup.  

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

10 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Lipscomb has proven that they are better this year, but yes, they would have a good record with our schedule.  Sequatchie would be a toss up, I would probably give the nod to the Indians though.  Goodpasture will be a good matchup to get things straightened up though.

I also agree with you about the turnovers.  We were moving the ball well each time that we fumbled and could possibly have scored (one was going to be a definite score).  At the same time though, they weren't just gifts that we gave Whitwell.  On 2 of the fumbles Whitwell took it out of our hands.  In the end, they were the better team but I still like our chances in the next matchup.  

All three of them were huge plays. One was going to be a definite score. Another one gave them the ball inside the 40 didn’t it? Another one SP had driven to inside the 30 I believe and was moving it well. Credit Whitwell for making some big plays though.  SP needs to tackle better. You can’t beat good teams with great RBs when you don’t tackle well. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

8 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

All three of them were huge plays. One was going to be a definite score. Another one gave them the ball inside the 40 didn’t it? Another one SP had driven to inside the 30 I believe and was moving it well. Credit Whitwell for making some big plays though.  SP needs to tackle better. You can’t beat good teams with great RBs when you don’t tackle well. 

Agree. Fumbles hurt but missed tackles at line of scrimmage hurt as much. Can’t take down big trees with arm swipes up high. Got to put that saw blade down low. Too many yards after contact between tackles that night give up by SP. I do think it could be a wake up call. You will see what kind of team you have after Friday night. Best of luck to Pirate Mikes boys

Some things I want to see the Pirates do in the game this week. Come out with a purpose, give 100% effort, pound the rock more with #9 and set up 7 and 4 for the big gains, stop making the mental mistakes from week one, play tackle football instead of touch football, and just be that Pirate football player we all know you can be. 

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says SP folkes often are blinded by success over a on time. The Pirates were unable to defeat a more seasoned team loaded with size & speed while playing disciplined. Dad Burnit, some of these SP posts sound like the kinfolkes round the jailhouse. OP ain’t joking neither. 

Old pirate what kind of mess is this? I sent that durn goat down to Bridgeport to try and get Grider another one of them boys from that Google mans place.  I rode him down to save a lot and told that man what we needed.  You think im joking but im not. 

23 minutes ago, sportman said:

Some things I want to see the Pirates do in the game this week. Come out with a purpose, give 100% effort, pound the rock more with #9 and set up 7 and 4 for the big gains, stop making the mental mistakes from week one, play tackle football instead of touch football, and just be that Pirate football player we all know you can be. 

Sportman what kind of mess is this? If our boys were playing touch football that Bouldin mans team would have scored every time they got the ball.  You are full of mess.