South Pittsburg vs Goodpasture (Grider against this Joslin man)

Roy Dillard

On 10/17/2018 at 9:40 AM, TheAmbassador said:

All three of them were huge plays. One was going to be a definite score. Another one gave them the ball inside the 40 didn’t it? Another one SP had driven to inside the 30 I believe and was moving it well. Credit Whitwell for making some big plays though.  SP needs to tackle better. You can’t beat good teams with great RBs when you don’t tackle well. 

Why does Raulston not get the touches he did last year?

I love the SP thread each week.  What a great fanbase.

Last week GP was switching QBs a lot (#13 is a 3 year starter, #12 is a sophomore I think).  #13 can be a good quarterback, he just doesn't have a ton of support even though they have a tall WR that can go up and get the ball and another WR that has NFL lineage (Turner).

#4 got bigger over the last year.  More of a power back than speed and I could see GP try to out physical you guys by pounding him up the middle and controlling the clock.  He got a bit frustrated and chippy even with our freshmen, so that may work into your advantage.

Good luck to you guys!

10 hours ago, FootballFan75 said:

Why does Raulston not get the touches he did last year?

I guess we're asking the same question Whitwell asked last year with Wingo and Condra getting I think 5 Carries between them. Guess the coaches saw something else we couldn't, but man, when you have a 230 pound stud back there that was getting 5 yards everytime he touched the ball the other night you can't help but ask that question. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BreadTruck44 said:

I love the SP thread each week.  What a great fanbase.

Last week GP was switching QBs a lot (#13 is a 3 year starter, #12 is a sophomore I think).  #13 can be a good quarterback, he just doesn't have a ton of support even though they have a tall WR that can go up and get the ball and another WR that has NFL lineage (Turner).

#4 got bigger over the last year.  More of a power back than speed and I could see GP try to out physical you guys by pounding him up the middle and controlling the clock.  He got a bit frustrated and chippy even with our freshmen, so that may work into your advantage.

Good luck to you guys!

Thanks for that info. I know GP has some talent but can they all come together as a team and use it the right way. The RB having an attitude like that is not good bc all that leads to is more frustration for other's.

I’m with PowerP I think this will be a tough game tonight.  They aren’t Whitwell, but certainly not terrible either. I thought the same thing about Raulston last week.  He was getting touches in the first half, but then disappeared in the second half.  The only thing I could think of is maybe once they got behind 28-6 they knew they had to try and score quickly.  That’s all I can come up with on it. 

• Like 1

I hope last week was a good wake up call for the pirates. Some teams benefit from a loss and honestly it could be the best thing that could have happened to SP.  It all depends on how the pirates respond,will they come out with a chip on their shoulder the rest of the season or will they come out flat and dwell on the loss.    

27 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

I hope last week was a good wake up call for the pirates. Some teams benefit from a loss and honestly it could be the best thing that could have happened to SP.  It all depends on how the pirates respond,will they come out with a chip on their shoulder the rest of the season or will they come out flat and dwell on the loss.    

I sure hope it was a wake up call bc we looked like we slept all through the game.  Maybe also we have a few 2nd teamers that are showing great progress and maybe if the first team guys aren't performing up to standards there's nothing wrong with putting the back ups in.