AP POLL CLASS 1A OCT 15 2018

Southtowner

2 minutes ago, Chad02 said:

True  but should be competitive they have a big junior  class and alot of underclassmen that's played alot this year and a junior high  team that was undefeated all year  against all the fayetteville teams and a few more others cornersville will be around for  awhile  I just hope they keep it up In youth league  that we started with these seniors 

You have a good group of seniors. When they were at SP in 2016 I knew they had some potential. 

Greenback Cherokees: (8-0)

OffenseA+ total points scored 380 averaging 48 points per game.

Defense: A+ Given up 90 total points, opponents averaging 11 points per game. Yet to play game where starters have played 4th quarter. But D-Line makes grade A+

Special Teams: A 43 yard field goal (total points unknown). Many returns past 50 (too many to count).

Overall: A Couple of quality wins over some higher classification teams. CAK(Private)/GCA(Private). Give A instead of A+ due to random spurts if penalties. Need to eliminate those.

This team is dangerous because of the overall explosiveness. Very balanced and can sling the ball all over the field. Not exaggerating either. Have a really athletic QB that gets it all started with arm and legs. And 4 starting receivers all have 4.5-4.6 speed. Not tooting this teams horn. Just stating facts for everyone to get a better sense of what this team is like. But nothing will be given to us that’s for sure. 

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Defense: A+ Given up 90 total points, opponents averaging 11 points per game. Yet to play game where starters have played 4th quarter. But D-Line makes grade A+

Special Teams: A 43 yard field goal (total points unknown). Many returns past 50 (too many to count).

Overall: A Couple of quality wins over some higher classification teams. CAK(Private)/GCA(Private). Give A instead of A+ due to random spurts if penalties. Need to eliminate those.

This team is dangerous because of the overall explosiveness. Very balanced and can sling the ball all over the field. Not exaggerating either. Have a really athletic QB that gets it all started with arm and legs. And 4 starting receivers all have 4.5-4.6 speed. Not tooting this teams horn. Just stating facts for everyone to get a better sense of what this team is like. But nothing will be given to us that’s for sure. 

No a completely true statement. They did go into the fourth quarter in atleast one game. Oliver springs played them tough and it was a complete four quarter game for both teams. Otherwise your correct in what you posted

11 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You have been reading what I’ve been saying about them all season. Yes, I think they are the favorite. Them and Cornersville winner decides Cookeville this season. 

I have been reading and hearing what most everyone is saying about Huntingdon this year and next. You're not the only one saying it. :thumb:

5 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

4 kids with 4.5-4.6 speed.. wow.. SP has never had that many kids in our history with that type speed. Should be a lot of your boys sign college papers. 

1 hour ago, bfl96 said:

No a completely true statement. They did go into the fourth quarter in atleast one game. Oliver springs played them tough and it was a complete four quarter game for both teams. Otherwise your correct in what you posted

True post!That game was a c-!

Edited by orngnblk

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

4 kids with 4.5-4.6 speed.. wow.. SP has never had that many kids in our history with that type speed. Should be a lot of your boys sign college papers. 

4.5 is a very fast time.If i was to figure i would say 4.6 to 4.7.McCord has a 4.68,Willis is a true 4.6,The twins a little slower than Willis.Edwards would be the other 4.6 but yet to see the field.Have numerous sub 5 for sure.We are fast but 4.5 Bass is right thats greasy fast.Roberts was a 4.6 and he is a NC but being 6'3 200 pounds helped that one.Now Cherokee23 may have seen something i havent so i am not going to say he is wrong.

40 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

4.5 is a very fast time.If i was to figure i would say 4.6 to 4.7.McCord has a 4.68,Willis is a true 4.6,The twins a little slower than Willis.Edwards would be the other 4.6 but yet to see the field.Have numerous sub 5 for sure.We are fast but 4.5 Bass is right thats greasy fast.Roberts was a 4.6 and he is a NC but being 6'3 200 pounds helped that one.Now Cherokee23 may have seen something i havent so i am not going to say he is wrong.

How fast is #26.  He has had 3 or 4 very long TD catches on that screen pass and he looks fast from the stands for sure.