Sale Creek @ Gordonsville.

croz6110

TC played FC defending state champions and an 8-2 6A team after Whitwell TC only had one game left which was region game with Jackson Co and why won't they play you'll Jackson Co program looks like it's dying they had maybe 15-20 players Thursday when they played TC 

Edited by RTD

2 hours ago, RTD said:

TC played FC defending state champions and an 8-2 6A team after Whitwell TC only had one game left which was region game with Jackson Co and why won't they play you'll Jackson Co program looks like it's dying they had maybe 15-20 players Thursday when they played TC 

I don't know why they won't play. It's close in distance, but I think they want an easier game, not sure. 

15 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Sometimes you can't help it. We played a 3a team and three 2a teams out of region. Of course, Jackson County is one of those teams. Who has TC played that was any good outside of Whitwell since they played H20? When Whitwell was put on the schedule, they weren't any good.

Our schedule will be quite a bit different next year. We'll still play SC, TC, and H20. Republic is gone and Jackson didn't want to play again. I think we've picked up Fayetteville and Coalfield.

Whitwell has been good the last two years that they were on our schedule. We knew they would be a good measuring stick.

Guess you didn't research our 2018 schedule did you? There is a little team on there called Friendship Christian that played us tough. We beat them. Check the listings last year for how well they did in 2017 so you can eat some crow. It is called State Champions. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Whitwell has been good the last two years that they were on our schedule. We knew they would be a good measuring stick.

Guess you didn't research our 2018 schedule did you? There is a little team on there called Friendship Christian that played us tough. We beat them. Check the listings last year for how well they did in 2017 so you can eat some crow. It is called State Champions. 

If you go back and look at my post, I said since you played H2O. You played FC before that.

Surely you don't expect me to believe TC knew Whitwell was going to be good. Give me a break.

I'm not saying the overall schedule is weak, but your region is like ours. Weak.

And, we're keeping SC, TC, and H2O on the schedule.

Edited by croz6110

4 hours ago, croz6110 said:

If you go back and look at my post, I said since you played H2O. You played FC before that.

Surely you don't expect me to believe TC knew Whitwell was going to be good. Give me a break.

I'm not saying the overall schedule is weak, but your region is like ours. Weak.

Whitwell was 6-4 in  regular season 2015 and in the play-offs. So yes with the experience coming back , it looked like a good match. 

We tried to schedule SP but they didn't want to travel that far. Why don't Gordy schedule SP or FC? Or even Whitwell? 

4 hours ago, croz6110 said:

If I was talking about a tough schedule I wouldn't list SC as an example of a good team on the schedule 

• Thanks 1

You guys are comical.

SC is typically a good 3a team. It's a win, and we'll take it. I'm not going to apologize for being glad we beat a rival 2 classes up from us.

We don't schedule SP or Whitwell for the same reason TC doesn't schedule Marion or Tyner. We play that region in the playoffs.

You still won't make me believe that mess about Whitwell either. I went back to 2001. Whitwell had 8 wins that year including playoffs. They 7 in 2003. All the other years, they didn't het past 6 wins with several one win seasons. You can't tell me TC thought they would be any more than what they had been.

Edited by croz6110

19 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

You guys are comical.

SC is typically a good 3a team. It's a win, and we'll take it. I'm not going to apologize for being glad we beat a rival 2 classes up from us.

We don't schedule SP or Whitwell for the same reason TC doesn't schedule Marion or Tyner. We play that region in the playoffs.

You still won't make me believe that mess about Whitwell either. I went back to 2001. Whitwell had 8 wins that year including playoffs. They 7 in 2003. All the other years, they didn't het past 6 wins with several one win seasons. You can't tell me TC thought they would be any more than what they had been.

Your focus on Whitwell when they have been a good team but you forget about state champions on TC schedule and you'll beat SC a 3a team that’s nothing when you’ll start scheduling a 6a team or when you’ll actually start having a competitive team which won’t be in the near future you’ll beat two players that would be freshman wear purple and gold now Gordy schedule is weak