William Blount 2019

GovForce1

They hired a Ryan Bolinger from Concord Christian.

Concord Christian (Ryan Bolinger) - Dropped football
          Seqouyah - (Bobby White) - Ryan Bolinger

Ryan and his wife live in Maryville and have two sons.  Ryan began his career in 2007 at the University of Tennessee as a Defensive Graduate Assistant Coach under the leadership of Philip Fulmer, learning under John Chavis and working with defensive line and special teams.  After his stint at UT, Ryan continued to work with athletes doing both private coaching lessons and was also a SAQ director working with kids 7-18.  Ryan helped start a non-profit men's ministry 4 years ago called Warrior's Among Us.  Football and discipleship are his passion and he is excited about his future with the Lions and the opportunity to further develop the athletes in Concord's Program. http://www.concordchristianschool.org/academics/ms-faculty.cfm

A graduate assistant coach for then Tennessee Vols Football head coach Lane Kiffin in 2009, Ryan Bolinger comes to Concord Christian School as its new high school varsity football head coach having worked one year as a quarterback analyst for the NFL’s Cleveland Browns. 

Originally working under former Vols head coach Phillip Fulmer with the defensive line and special teams units, Bolinger was promoted by Kiffin as Assistant to the Head Coach. 

Kiffin “fired me and all the graduate assistant coaches — we all left — but then he called me back six weeks later to make me the defensive assistant to his dad, (then defensive coordinator) Monte (Kiffin),” Bolinger said. “And then after three months of that (Lane Kiffin) promoted me to his assistant on offense.”

“After his stint at UT, Ryan continued to work with athletes doing both private coaching lessons and was also a SAQ director working with kids ages 7 to 18,” new CCS athletic director Bruce Johnson said. “… Ryan has trained football players from Maryville, Alcoa, Greenback, William Blount and (Knoxville) Catholic.” 

Though most recently an assistant coach at Grace Christian Academy, “there was no teaching job available there, and I live in Maryville and that was a lot of driving just for a coaching stipend,” said Bolinger, who will serve — while high school football is suspended this fall — as CCS Middle School football head coach in 2018. 

While also serving at the school’s assistant athletic director, “I will get the opportunity to teach middle school P.E. and strength and conditioning,” Bolinger said. 

“I’m really excited about coach Bolinger,” Johnson said. “You can’t build (a new varsity program) without the right person. 

“I was really worried because (former varsity football head coach) Troy (Fleming) was leaving,” he added. “Who am I going to get to come in here and take over basically nothing?” 

However, “As soon as I met coach Bolinger, I said to myself, ‘He’s everything I want in a head coach,’” Johnson said. “He wants to use football to disciple young people. He’s got a great football background. 

“He sees what needs to be done here,” the AD added. “All Troy needed was support. I’m going to give that support to coach Bolinger. He’s going to get the school’s support.” 

https://www.farragutpress.com/articles/2018/06/7453

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

They hired a Ryan Bolinger from Concord Christian.

Concord Christian (Ryan Bolinger) - Dropped football
          Seqouyah - (Bobby White) - Ryan Bolinger

Ryan and his wife live in Maryville and have two sons.  Ryan began his career in 2007 at the University of Tennessee as a Defensive Graduate Assistant Coach under the leadership of Philip Fulmer, learning under John Chavis and working with defensive line and special teams.  After his stint at UT, Ryan continued to work with athletes doing both private coaching lessons and was also a SAQ director working with kids 7-18.  Ryan helped start a non-profit men's ministry 4 years ago called Warrior's Among Us.  Football and discipleship are his passion and he is excited about his future with the Lions and the opportunity to further develop the athletes in Concord's Program. http://www.concordchristianschool.org/academics/ms-faculty.cfm

A graduate assistant coach for then Tennessee Vols Football head coach Lane Kiffin in 2009, Ryan Bolinger comes to Concord Christian School as its new high school varsity football head coach having worked one year as a quarterback analyst for the NFL’s Cleveland Browns. 

Originally working under former Vols head coach Phillip Fulmer with the defensive line and special teams units, Bolinger was promoted by Kiffin as Assistant to the Head Coach. 

Kiffin “fired me and all the graduate assistant coaches — we all left — but then he called me back six weeks later to make me the defensive assistant to his dad, (then defensive coordinator) Monte (Kiffin),” Bolinger said. “And then after three months of that (Lane Kiffin) promoted me to his assistant on offense.”

“After his stint at UT, Ryan continued to work with athletes doing both private coaching lessons and was also a SAQ director working with kids ages 7 to 18,” new CCS athletic director Bruce Johnson said. “… Ryan has trained football players from Maryville, Alcoa, Greenback, William Blount and (Knoxville) Catholic.” 

Though most recently an assistant coach at Grace Christian Academy, “there was no teaching job available there, and I live in Maryville and that was a lot of driving just for a coaching stipend,” said Bolinger, who will serve — while high school football is suspended this fall — as CCS Middle School football head coach in 2018. 

While also serving at the school’s assistant athletic director, “I will get the opportunity to teach middle school P.E. and strength and conditioning,” Bolinger said. 

“I’m really excited about coach Bolinger,” Johnson said. “You can’t build (a new varsity program) without the right person. 

“I was really worried because (former varsity football head coach) Troy (Fleming) was leaving,” he added. “Who am I going to get to come in here and take over basically nothing?” 

However, “As soon as I met coach Bolinger, I said to myself, ‘He’s everything I want in a head coach,’” Johnson said. “He wants to use football to disciple young people. He’s got a great football background. 

“He sees what needs to be done here,” the AD added. “All Troy needed was support. I’m going to give that support to coach Bolinger. He’s going to get the school’s support.” 

https://www.farragutpress.com/articles/2018/06/7453

Good read RR. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question for my east TN coacht peeps. Cause honestly I know nothing about William Blount. How does a team that is this bad get 50pgs two months before the season??

That's a tough question but it might go back a few years ago when Guvna used to post so much stuff on here it actually created a monster and has been ever since. Guvna is a big fan of WB and most of us enjoyed pushing his buttons getting him going. I push the county's button because the leadership doesn't care if they win or lose but the kids and fans there and at Heritage deserve better. Not blaming the coaches because their held at a big disadvantage at both schools and it is really hard to set back and watch. I would guess Hamontree would like to get a little bit more time in at Heritage before hanging it up but Shad is much younger and I can't blame him if he didn't look at every opportunity to finish up on a winning note somewhere else. The longer he stays at WB the more fleas he gathers on his application and could possibly have some worried if he hasn't already contacted the mange being his fifth year there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question for my east TN coacht peeps. Cause honestly I know nothing about William Blount. How does a team that is this bad get 50pgs two months before the season??

Whew. Loaded question brother. There are a lot of hard feelings associated with the school and specifically the football program from former players and some students. It goes back a long way, even to when they consolidated all the community schools to create WB in 1979. Some kids had to travel over 16 miles and take two separate buses just to get to WB.

Even afterwards there is still some resentment. Some folks think the program doesn't do things the right way. As far as I know only one WB football player from 1983-1987 had a son that played at WB. One former starting running back sent his son to 3 different schools to keep him out of WB. WB's 1st great FB player sent his son to another school. Another schools state championship team's 1st, 2nd and 3rd string QBs dads all played at WB.  The 87 valedictorian who didn't play football, sent his kids to a different school. Very recently a former WB starting running  back transferred his son to another school. 

My guess would be that it does not take much to stroke an ember of resentment from years ago into a Coach T flame.

Some great kids and teachers at WB. I know some great coaches there as well. But when it comes to HS football in Blount county, emotions run hot and memories are long. LOL

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Whew. Loaded question brother. There are a lot of hard feelings associated with the school and specifically the football program from former players and some students. It goes back a long way, even to when they consolidated all the community schools to create WB in 1979. Some kids had to travel over 16 miles and take two separate buses just to get to WB.

Even afterwards there is still some resentment. Some folks think the program doesn't do things the right way. As far as I know only one WB football player from 1983-1987 had a son that played at WB. One former starting running back sent his son to 3 different schools to keep him out of WB. WB's 1st great FB player sent his son to another school. Another schools state championship team's 1st, 2nd and 3rd string QBs dads all played at WB.  The 87 valedictorian who didn't play football, sent his kids to a different school. Very recently a former WB starting running  back transferred his son to another school. 

My guess would be that it does not take much to stroke an ember of resentment from years ago into a Coach T flame.

Some great kids and teachers at WB. I know some great coaches there as well. But when it comes to HS football in Blount county, emotions run hot and memories are long. LOL

Thanks for the info. Some of that I have picked up on over the years just being on these boards. But I just find it odd. Most of the time when you see threads this long it is with really successful teams that make it several Rds was deep in the playoffs. It’s usually not a perennial 1-9 or 2-8 team. Is really weird to me. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Thanks for the info. Some of that I have picked up on over the years just being on these boards. But I just find it odd. Most of the time when you see threads this long it is with really successful teams that make it several Rds was deep in the playoffs. It’s usually not a perennial 1-9 or 2-8 team. Is really weird to me. 

Not making excuses, but one thing about WB, they have always played a very tough schedule and in a tough District/Region. They set the tone early, their first game ever in 1979 was against the defending AA (in the A, AA, AAA system) state champions - Maryville. They had Oak Ridge in their district, who won the 1979 AAA state championship. I think all time they are about a 3-7 or 4-6 team. That whole iron sharpens iron thing sounds good, but after getting beaten over and over and over, it takes a toll. 

3 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Not making excuses, but one thing about WB, they have always played a very tough schedule and in a tough District/Region. They set the tone early, their first game ever in 1979 was against the defending AA (in the A, AA, AAA system) state champions - Maryville. They had Oak Ridge in their district, who won the 1979 AAA state championship. I think all time they are about a 3-7 or 4-6 team. That whole iron sharpens iron thing sounds good, but after getting beaten over and over and over, it takes a toll. 

I don’t doubt that one bit. But if that is the case what happened last year. The should be beating teams like Stone, Lenore City and Jefferson Co. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

... That whole iron sharpens iron thing sounds good, but after getting beaten over and over and over, it takes a toll. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t doubt that one bit. But if that is the case what happened last year. The should be beating teams like Stone, Lenore City and Jefferson Co. 

That is the "it takes a toll" part. It's going to take a special person to turn it around. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Thanks for the info. Some of that I have picked up on over the years just being on these boards. But I just find it odd. Most of the time when you see threads this long it is with really successful teams that make it several Rds was deep in the playoffs. It’s usually not a perennial 1-9 or 2-8 team. Is really weird to me

I think that is an observation everyone can get on board with. It’s like the twilight zone and gets more strange by the week. 

To me it started with Scott Meadows and the hype.  It seemed to me that is when the “CoachT” stuff started.  Then it became an avalanche of coaches and excuses.  Finally when embattered Shad took over a mist huge hype that finally WB was going to turn things around with this hire and a few posters went overboard predicting the future success.  A few of us here in the midstate that had some connections knew about some of the past “questions” surrounding him voiced an opinion or questioned things, got shut down. So now it has been a “I’ll watch what happens” take on the situation.  It seems that a lot of the diehards, through no fault of their own, now see some of the things that were being said.  Then to top it off, when the administration has to get on here and defend itself....it is like looking at a wreck when you go by.  A long wreck at that.  JMO

Edited by GWAVE1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/28/2019 at 8:30 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I don't know if he was interested in the job or not, just having fun with our friends from WB. So many coaches have given up their jobs this year and the trend just continues. I'm sure some of these jobs there's someone pulling strings behind the coaches back all the time that the job is just impossible. My personal thoughts on WB is the shelf has been in short supply and it's very hard to coach up kids like it was in the past without them quitting or the better kids wanting to move on to another school to get away from that situation. That would wear on any coach especially from a winning background.

So sequoyah hired last year’s middle school coach from concord Christian instead of William Blount high schools head coach?