WEST TENNESSEE FOOTBALL IS AWFUL

BVDevil

two 6-4, 1 undefeated, and one 5-5. can't speak for the others. part of it being most of the schools that are below .500 bite off more than they can chew when they schedule opponents. In west Tn your outta conference games are ususally against 5a, 6a, or private schools. I don't like that east gets in with no wins at all, i'm flabbergasted by that as well. TSSAA gotta fix that issue and add another team or two to that region.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

two 6-4, 1 undefeated, and one 5-5. can't speak for the others. part of it being most of the schools that are below .500 bite off more than they can chew when they schedule opponents. In west Tn your outta conference games are ususally against 5a, 6a, or private schools. I don't like that east gets in with no wins at all, i'm flabbergasted by that as well. TSSAA gotta fix that issue and add another team or two to that region.

Question is who do you add? That would basically be a punishment with travel for the new team

5 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

me personally I'd move up teams from 3a, possibly Covington, and or ridgeway, maybe even Memphis mitchell

So how can you move up a team when there numbers say they're 3a. Heck I thought ridgeway was a 2a playing 3a ball

Edited by FBfan26

4 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

So how can you move up a team when there numbers say they're 3a. Heck I thought ridgeway was a 2a playing 3a ball

that would be a call TSSAA would have to make. schools move from class dang near every year. I know for sure, dyersburg has went back and forth from 4a, to 3a, they just got back to 4a last year. Covington was also formerly known for being 4a and they are 3a. Its their call.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

me personally I'd move up teams from 3a, possibly Covington, and or ridgeway, maybe even Memphis mitchell

LOLOLOLOL ... the TSSAA can't do that. They can't pick and choose who plays up and who doesn't. It is the schools choice. Rightly so, I might add.

LOLOLOLOL ... move teams up!

Ha!

I wouldn’t classify all of West TN football as terrible. Mainly 4A in Memphis is the big problem right now, it’s ashame too. There’s some teams like Memphis East and Melrose that use to be some power houses not that long ago. I hear Memphis East might have 1A numbers right now, so they could be moving down. I do agree tho that an entire region making play-offs with all having loosing records is atrocious.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I wouldn’t classify all of West TN football as terrible. Mainly 4A in Memphis is the big problem right now, it’s ashame too. There’s some teams like Memphis East and Melrose that use to be some power houses not that long ago. I hear Memphis East might have 1A numbers right now, so they could be moving down. I do agree tho that an entire region making play-offs with all having loosing records is atrocious.

yeah its terrible.