51 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Bryce Hanley:

101-156 for 2,110 yards 25 TD 3INT

44 rushes for 411 yds 5 TD

2,521 total yards, 30 total TD

*Correction on Hanley stats per school

Thru 9 games

101-156 for 2110 with 30 TD.

3 int on defense with 1 returned for a TD.

408 yds rushing with 5 TD.

Total Offense 2518 and 36 total TDs.

Just now, Lacesout said:

i really thought he had a shot at mr football last year but duties were split between him and #15 who was also an awesome athelete

He caught my eye last year, as he was always around the ball on defense; making big plays on special teams; and the most explosive player on offense. He is legit special. Whoever lands him at the next level has a serious weapon on their hands.

As for Mr. Ensley, I hate he couldn't even get nominated (not a bash towards any of the well deserving finalists). I don't think any Mustang fan was able to foresee his dominance this yr on the field from the QB position... after replacing one of the all-time HHS greats in Kade Pearson. He probably has a more realistic shot at winning Mr. Baseball this year anyway as he was a finalist last year as  a sophomore.

42 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

East TN biased?  3/5 of the nominations from each of the 1A/2A classifications are the West side of the bracket.

It wouldn't matter if 4/5 were from West TN. Kids from W TN dont get the pub or recognition that middle and east do. Do I need to bring up Warbritton from 5 years ago over 3,000 rushing yards in a single season and didnt win?

Edited by footballover

10 minutes ago, footballover said:

It wouldn't matter if 4/5 were from West TN. Kids from W TN dont get the pub or recognition that middle and east do. Do I need to bring up Warbritton from 5 years ago over 3,000 rushing yards in a single season and didnt win?

West kid won it in 2A last year. Not sure how anyone can be biased when this is the case. And I don't know about what you are referring too honestly. Did the kid that won it have 3200 yards ? 

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

How big is he? Roster says 5'11" 180.

That’s it. 5’11” 180. Kid is an athlete. Out jump anyone. Quick laterally. Looks like he is jogging when he is running then hits another level. Sneaky fast. Guaranteed to be the fastest kid on the field. I’ve enjoyed watching him the last 4 years. A very special player. He could play Slot WR or defensive back at D1 level. Also a great special team returner/defender. Smart kid on field and in school. Just a good all around kid. Super proud of him and his accomplishments. It would be awesome to have back to back Mr. Football winners at Waverly. You can YouTube him for highlights. 

Edited by Trollin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, footballover said:

I was waiting for his name to be brought up. It's brought up every year at this time. 

Do I think that he was deserving? Absolutely.  But so were the other 2 finalists.

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

West kid won it in 2A last year. Not sure how anyone can be biased when this is the case. And I don't know about what you are referring too honestly. Did the kid that won it have 3200 yards ? 

Will McKamey from GCA won the Mr Football back award that year in 2012 for Division I Class A.  Sadly though he's no longer with us.