Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Guest Fall101

16 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Rockwood gave them a fight last night also.Lot of tuff 2nd rounders last night.

Yeah we didn't have a great game. Both teams ate alot of penalties when it looked like we were gonna go up 35-7 they got a stop and a score late in the game which made it a closer ball game. They played hard as did we. Can definitely tell its playoffs.

Edited by Imthayeti

Guest Fall101
7 hours ago, ozark said:

Like I said earlier in the year (Oneida vs Rockwood), Oneida plays a soft regular season schedule and it bites them in the tail come playoff time. 

Not a soft schedule at all. It’s an offense that refuses to change anything up at all even if it’s not workin. Our offense would be good in the 80s not 2018. 

8 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

What about them Rebels!  A team that doesn't quit! The 1st Greene County team in the history of Greene County TN to ever advance to the 3rd round in the high school football playoffs. Congrats Rebels on the win.  Congrats to Oneida on a great season.   

I'll have to dig into my history book but I'm sure 1996 was the strongest team the rebels ever had.  They were a state caliber team

Ok, i can't contain it anymore.  I have been quiet all year and listened to everything  Watch some very good football too.  But I will call it out.  Two teams played very hard in poor conditions. Congrats to SC.  Now what everyone who was there knows is that the sticks moved to stop an Oneida first down.  One play does not make a game, but when a team is driving right after the other team took the lead and you are a bout to get the lead back sure is a BIG MO changer.  The chains moved and the official moved the line clip before taking the chains out to measure.  ENOUGH SAID.

I still say good game by both teams and congrats to SG, good luck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thelawking said:

Ok, i can't contain it anymore.  I have been quiet all year and listened to everything  Watch some very good football too.  But I will call it out.  Two teams played very hard in poor conditions. Congrats to SC.  Now what everyone who was there knows is that the sticks moved to stop an Oneida first down.  One play does not make a game, but when a team is driving right after the other team took the lead and you are a bout to get the lead back sure is a BIG MO changer.  The chains moved and the official moved the line clip before taking the chains out to measure.  ENOUGH SAID.

I still say good game by both teams and congrats to SG, good luck.

True statement. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

You're babbling has no merit. Oneida strength of schedule is no. 12 in 2A and strength + success is no. 9 in 2A. You may run along now. 

If the standard for Oneida is an early exit from the playoffs, then let it be. Terrible loses this year to York, Harriman, and South Greene. I’ve always thought of Oneida as a program that should be competing for state championships. 

1 hour ago, ozark said:

If the standard for Oneida is an early exit from the playoffs, then let it be. Terrible loses this year to York, Harriman, and South Greene. I’ve always thought of Oneida as a program that should be competing for state championships. 

Now ozark that's a post we agree on. I don't know what happened at Harriman, SG out schemed us and YAI just beat us. To get in the hunt again we gotta find some speed and the willingness to use it. 

I disagree that strength of schedule is the problem. 

Edited by crow

6 minutes ago, crow said:

Now ozark that's a post we agree on. I don't know what happened at Harriman, SG out schemed us and YAI just beat us. To get in the hunt again we gotta find some speed and the willingness to use it. 

I disagree that strength of schedule is the problem. 

From what i seen at the harriman game they just quit!!!!! Plain and simple!