South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against that Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

2 hours ago, rlh said:

Surely you have something better than the Aweful House.  At least something attempting to be a historical site like Harvey's Pirate. 

Oh, I know... Roy can work security/greeter/tour guide at Al Gore's farm. Then Roy could have a Nobel prize winner and presidential race loser as a role model instead of Murphy Fair. 

Also, Roy, did you know that Murphy use to do the color commentating on Gordonsville's games on the radio back in the 80's?

I know Gordonsville will give us there best shot and I know we should give them ours. the scarey thing about SP though is that we haven't played a complete game all year and so maybe this week it come's together. I know in the second half of last weeks game after we were getting all those bogus calls against us, it was the first time all season I saw the fans and player's come to life. When I saw Raulston  get facemasked right in front of that doughboy head ref and no call, it was the first time in 4 years I have actually seen Raulston get mad. I grew up knowing this family and knew him when he was born and he's always been a laid back and good kid, and after seeing him grow up he has maintained that, and to see that anger come out in him, well, all I can say is you better be ready if he comes at you.  His 6'3 and 230lb frame makes him a scarey awesome player if he channels that anger inside and then unleashes it on someone. 

4 minutes ago, piratetom said:

We are leaving at 3. Not sure where we are eating as of yet.

It might be a little longer but we aren't going the back way. We are going to 840 in Murfreesboro to 40 and then head east. Right at 2 hours that way, but it's four lane and don't have to worry about those back curvy roads. 

1 hour ago, sportman said:

I know Gordonsville will give us there best shot and I know we should give them ours. the scarey thing about SP though is that we haven't played a complete game all year and so maybe this week it come's together. I know in the second half of last weeks game after we were getting all those bogus calls against us, it was the first time all season I saw the fans and player's come to life. When I saw Raulston  get facemasked right in front of that doughboy head ref and no call, it was the first time in 4 years I have actually seen Raulston get mad. I grew up knowing this family and knew him when he was born and he's always been a laid back and good kid, and after seeing him grow up he has maintained that, and to see that anger come out in him, well, all I can say is you better be ready if he comes at you.  His 6'3 and 230lb frame makes him a scarey awesome player if he channels that anger inside and then unleashes it on someone. 

They did get some fire about them last week. The players and coaches got very active and vocal. That kind of had a ripple effect to us on the wall and then to the ones in the stands. It was obvious the officials got upset and refused to give SP any call. 9 was grabbed and brought down by the facemask right in front of that official. He never even flinched. Still some of the worst I have seen.  

7 minutes ago, ThatTowerMan said:

There is no telling where we will stop and eat. I am new to all of this excitement. I am sure Roy will have it it all planned out. He said we were leaving at 10:00 in the morning. I really don't know why we need to go that early.

He will want to stop at Hooter’s in Murfreesboro. It’s a pattern for him every time we go north. 

7 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They did get some fire about them last week. The players and coaches got very active and vocal. That kind of had a ripple effect to us on the wall and then to the ones in the stands. It was obvious the officials got upset and refused to give SP any call. 9 was grabbed and brought down by the facemask right in front of that official. He never even flinched. Still some of the worst I have seen.  

I don't usually harp on ref's and for the most part's they do an ok job, but unless you were there at that game last week then no one would know what we are talking about. You are correct sir and some of the worst i have seen in all of my years watching HS football. it was a shame for our boy's to have to go through that, but at least it did cause a little spark for the first time all year.  Like I said I have known Garrett all of his life and for him to get mad it had to be bad. 

1:00 PM

Cloudy

47°F
15%

2:00 PM

Cloudy

48°F
5%

3:00 PM

Cloudy

49°F
5%

4:00 PM

Cloudy

47°F
5%

4:39 PM

Sunset

5:00 PM

Cloudy

46°F
10%

6:00 PM

Mostly Cloudy

44°F
5%

7:00 PM

Mostly Cloudy

42°F
5%

8:00 PM

Mostly Cloudy

40°F
5%

9:00 PM

Mostly Cloudy

38°F
5%

10:00 PM

Partly Cloudy

37°F
5%

11:00 PM

Partly Cloudy

36°F
5%

Rain moves out around noon.  We are leaving out at 3, traveling the interstate and will prolly eat in Lebanon. Put some miles behind us before we stop to eat.