Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

7 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

If Fairley brings that band they had last week, Da Haven will be a rockin!

Da Haven. As if you understand Memphis. I tried To inform you last week because I am From Memphis. But I was Causing you to be butt hurt. Go to basketball thread. You are done with football. 

3 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Da Haven. As if you understand Memphis. I tried To inform you last week because I am From Memphis. But I was Causing you to be butt hurt. Go to basketball thread. You are done with football. 

I understand Memphis and beyond... I do assure you of that.

Edited by GCPioneer

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I looked at some clips. Fairley has some very nice looking athletes. They will be able to score points, but if it’s close and Union City has the ball last... watch out. 

Fairley is indeed a good team with a lot of great athletes... if they can cut down on the turnovers, and penalties, they could win the game. They’re good...

6 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

If you go to 6:20 of this video, you can get a little more of an idea of what Fairley is and what they try to do...

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/31305/5be27648e97a651714b94e6c

That was better than the live feed I watched. In those clips they were either throwing it up or handing it to wilkins and letting decide where to go that won’t work against what they are going to face 

Have been working and on the road way to much.  Have seen just 3 games.  I have seen video of some of the other U C games.  Some things to look  and understand.  #1, U C has run 3 Q B's all year.  Why, because the starter went down early in season with broken arm.  Then back up, second string was hindered with a injury so 3rd string Q B stepped in.  Then U C looses fastest kid on team at #16 with ACL.  Since then, several more broken fingers and arms later, we are down to 29 - 31 players dressed. #2.  We now have everyone on the field except ACL injured player all playing normal spots.  so, with that all said, if U C can not fumble or maybe 1 time, the defense step up and play a good run defense and make them pass, our defensive back are getting better, not great but better.  We don't have tons of speed on defense.  If you get through main part of line and back, its your game to score, we can catch those speed guys.  Our special teams has been a problem all season.  Not consistent on extra points.  Our kick offs are better.  We have to squib kick on kickoffs to slow down the other team.  We have a full back who it takes 5 guys to tackle.  He has 1800 yards this season.  We have not been able to play with a full deck until last week.  If we fumble much, we are in trouble if we can;t keep other team off field.  So, with that all said, I will not be surprised either way of the outcome.  We aren't favored which is good.  We aren't flashy at all but just get the job done at times.  We have to control clock, make other team impatient which falls in our hands.  IF and I say if.  3 Things have to happen for a win for the Purple team..  0 - 1 fumbles.  Long, sustained drives of 7:30 to 9 minutes.  And good special teams play, all else falls into place and U C leave memphis with a W and farley wondering what happened.

Edited by ucdiditagain

11 minutes ago, ucdiditagain said:

Have been working and on the road way to much.  Have seen just 3 games.  I have seen video of some of the other U C games.  Some things to look  and understand.  #1, U C has run 3 Q B's all year.  Why, because the starter went down early in season with broken arm.  Then back up, second string was hindered with a injury so 3rd string Q B stepped in.  Then U C looses fastest kid on team at #16 with ACL.  Since then, several more broken fingers and arms later, we are down to 29 - 31 players dressed. #2.  We now have everyone on the field except ACL injured player all playing normal spots.  so, with that all said, if U C can not fumble or maybe 1 time, the defense step up and play a good run defense and make them pass, our defensive back are getting better, not great but better.  We don't have tons of speed on defense.  If you get through main part of line and back, its your game to score, we can catch those speed guys.  Our special teams has been a problem all season.  Not consistent on extra points.  Our kick offs are better.  We have to squib kick on kickoffs to slow down the other team.  We have a full back who it takes 5 guys to tackle.  He has 1800 yards this season.  We have not been able to play with a full deck until last week.  If we fumble much, we are in trouble if we can;t keep other team off field.  So, with that all said, I will not be surprised either way of the outcome.  We aren't favored which is good.  We aren't flashy at all but just get the job done at times.  We have to control clock, make other team impatient which falls in our hands.  IF and I say if.  3 Things have to happen for a win for the Purple team..  0 - 1 fumbles.  Long, sustained drives of 7:30 to 9 minutes.  And good special teams play, all else falls into place and U C leave memphis with a W and farley wondering what happened.

Great post !!!

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

That was better than the live feed I watched. In those clips they were either throwing it up or handing it to wilkins and letting decide where to go that won’t work against what they are going to face 

Right... those are the defensive highlights for Gibson County, so he did break a few runs, but were called back for holding. I figured I’d share that video as someone might find it valuable.

Fairley's D is pretty stout, especially against the run. It's hard to sustain long, clock eating drives when you are facing 3rd and long most of the evening. Can UC pass the ball? Can their OL keep the Fairley DL from pressurung the QB (1st QB, 2nd QB, or 3rd QB)? Fairley has a strong O ... but they hang their hat on their D. It is a run stopping D at that. What are UC's plans when they can't run the ball?

Whitahevn Memorial Stadium is turf and those Fairley guys will absolutely FLY on this fast track of a field. Does UC play on grass or turf?

UC will run the ball. It will be 4 yards a carry all nite until someone gets greedy and out of position. Last year everyone knew the fullback was getting the ball and it did not matter. It is the same this year. Fairley D may like to stop the run but they are about to get a steady diet of 3 and 4 yards. Players will get frustrated. Going to be interesting.