CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

1 minute ago, Croppygenius said:

Come on CB you know better than that. Huntingdon has had 30 teams in their history to win at least 9 games. Let me brag a little. I was a 2nd string sophomore on a 1966 team that went 11-0 giving up 33 points on the season. All but 6 came on the 2nd team. Our closest game in the regular season was 27-0 against Jackson Northside. Schedule included Milan, Lexington, Paris, Savannah and Trenton. Beat Portland 21-7 in Gallatin JC Bowl. Finished 3rd in the state in the old littenhous poll behind BGA and MBA. # 1 public school in the state for a town of 3000. That's just an example of one of the many great teams we've had in Huntingdon. If you love football Huntingdon is a wonderful town to grow up in.

croppy, you’re one of the few I respect from Huntingdon. Just let me troll.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Croppygenius said:

Come on CB you know better than that. Huntingdon has had 30 teams in their history to win at least 9 games. Let me brag a little. I was a 2nd string sophomore on a 1966 team that went 11-0 giving up 33 points on the season. All but 6 came on the 2nd team. Our closest game in the regular season was 27-0 against Jackson Northside. Schedule included Milan, Lexington, Paris, Savannah and Trenton. Beat Portland 21-7 in Gallatin JC Bowl. Finished 3rd in the state in the old littenhous poll behind BGA and MBA. # 1 public school in the state for a town of 3000. That's just an example of one of the many great teams we've had in Huntingdon. If you love football Huntingdon is a wonderful town to grow up in.

Yeah Croppy you are a class act !!! But some of yall are almost as bad as that PeabodyPride fella that post for Trenton !!!! HAHA

Huntingdon also had some really good teams in the late 90s to early 2000s. Back when the region was like the SEC West. Battles with Martin Westview, Milan, Union City, etc. Those playoff games were packed. I’m hoping to bring back some of that mistique to tomorrow’s showdown at Paul Ward. I have a feeling we are in for one to remember.

Just now, fullbackdive said:

Huntingdon also had some really good teams in the late 90s to early 2000s. Back when the region was like the SEC West. Battles with Martin Westview, Milan, Union City, etc. Those playoff games were packed. I’m hoping to bring back some of that mistique to tomorrow’s showdown at Paul Ward. I have a feeling we are in for one to remember.

That was truly the bruiser division at that time!!!! It was scary !!!!

• Like 1

Good Morning Football Fans, 1 Day Away.  I never wish for things and I never wish for Time to past but I am so ready for this game to start.  This years game  is really building up to be a great matchup.  All in All you can look at stats and records of both programs and say who had  the weaker or stronger schedule and talk about shut outs or who your team played but come Friday night the show will be at Paul Ward Stadium with the snow on the field if the weather doesn't warm up.

The carpet will be slick and the team that can somehow find a way to control the ball and limit the turnover will get the victory.  Hope the players can stay focused and play and stay healthy.  Win or Lose  I'm sure both communities will show great sportsmanship,  Safe Travels for both teams and fans. 

It will be a battle.  "Sometimes we need to Lose the small Battles in order to win the War" So with that I:m going with the Home team to Win the War.  

• CoachT locked this topic