UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

5 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Here me now... Peabody will not make it any further than this round if they aren’t able to figure out how to stop being so mundane on offense. Teams are stacking the box against Peabody, & basically they’re saying, “if you’re gonna beat us, you’re gonna have to throw the ball.” Peabody just hasn’t had to do that yet because they are so much better from a positional stand point than the teams they have been playing. It may not show right now but you guys will see this coming Friday that Peabody will be in for a long night if they just expect to run UC over all night. The last meeting I think Peabody played well all around. They ran it well & threw the ball around well. They were able to spread UC out & a lot of teams early on making them have to respect the pass which opened up the run game. As of late, I’ve seen teams put 7+ guys in the box most of the time & Peabody continues to play in to their favor by running the ball into a loaded box. & remember as I stated earlier, they have been able to get away with it for the most part because they just physically outman so many of the teams they have played but at this point in the season, that won’t fly. I think the Baugus kid has completed under 10 passes in the past 4 games. Don’t quote me on that but I believe that to be accurate. Peabody’s defense is the real deal. TCA had them on the ropes in the first half throwing some stuff at them they hadn’t prepared for but they made key adjustments coming out of halftime & that D Line got to their QB & forced some turnovers. As long as Peabody’s defense keeps playing the way they have been all season, they will always have a shot but the offense is what should worry all of the Peabody faithful. I see an absolute dog fight happening this Friday. I think Peabody is the better team but the better team doesn’t always win. UC deep in the playoffs is always scary. They haven’t won multiple gold balls since 2009 for no reason. Should be a classic. I saw a post earlier that stated the turnouts for the past two playoff games haven’t been very good. There is no reason that stadium shouldn’t be packed out without an open seat this coming Friday. Both towns need to get out & supports these kids. It’s makes the atmosphere that much better & it’s something that the kids will always remember. Good luck to both teams. Looking forward to hear what everyone thinks this week. 

Great post.  This coaching staff is not dumb.  They are better than what most people give them credit for.  I have been defending them all year.  Only last night I questioned some things.  8 in the box means dip and dump.  Our coaches know this and they will be ready to implement these things at the right time if they want to get to the GOLD!  Round 3 will bring the best out of the whole team and coaches.  You just wait and see!  Roll Tide!

Edited by Golddoctor

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Man IDK who to pick. UC is tough when they dont turn the ball over. Peabody is tough period! So I will say this whoever wins better be ready for a fight cause R6 is going to bring it!

I have to agree the butt whooping earlier was very shorthanded for UC,but the fullback still had 100 yards,Peabodys D is on another level right now,UC is gonna have a tall task but its UC so ya know,ya never know !!! Is it true that Riverrats QB was hutt against yall in regular season ??? I think these region 7 amd 6 games will be insane !!!!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I habe to agree the butt whooping earlier was very shorthanded for UC,but the fullback still had 100 yards,Peabodys D is on another level right now,UC is gonna have a tall task but its UC so ya know,ya never know !!! Is it true that Riverrats QB was hutt against yall in regular season ??? I think these region 7 amd 6 games will be insane !!!!!

Idk about the QB being hurt other than a Tiger knocking him into next week during the game. Lol 

Seriously tho he didnt look any different between the two game Waverly and Eville. I thought the other players stepped it up when Riverside played Eville.

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

Idk about the QB being hurt other than a Tiger knocking him into next week during the game. Lol 

Seriously tho he didnt look any different between the two game Waverly and Eville. I thought the other players stepped it up when Riverside played Eville.

HaHa "Tiger eats RiveRat" what a headline. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

Peabody averaging 45 points per game. Best defense in the state. 11-1 record, region champs. Coaching staff needs to be run out of town. The program was in much better shape 10 yrs ago lol

:roflol:

I know this is a troll but funny thing is 10 years ago Peabody was playing in the semifinals at Goodpasture lol

Edited by FightingBlue0