Springfield @ Jackson NS Rd 3

Kevin38

43 minutes ago, FootballPops said:

They dont need to.  They need to leave it alone. There is no way they sod a field in the middle of the play offs.  

I’m just relating some information that I’ve heard lol. It does sound a little ludicrous to do that, but Friday night on the call in show someone called in and said this game may possibly be getting moved to JCS and I went out and was asking and one of the guys I know talked with the principal and he said it’s definitely a possibility if they can’t get the ruts out of the field. 

On 11/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, redmangoldenblend said:

And they do not run a ton of rpo's. Which seems to be the in word for HS football these days. They do read the sweep/qb keep (zone and trap) fairly often though. 

Ppl do say that a lot but they DID run RPO’s against MC. Maybe you don’t know what you are looking at but I can promise you I do. I’m wasting my time though I can tell a know it all from a mile away.

1 hour ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Ppl do say that a lot but they DID run RPO’s against MC. Maybe you don’t know what you are looking at but I can promise you I do. I’m wasting my time though I can tell a know it all from a mile away.

Looked like RPO’s to me too. Since you’ve seen both teams play, how do you think the Jackets and NS stack up against each other. 

1 hour ago, WRudolph2003 said:

I promise I know as much and probably more than you. I said a ton.  That doesn't mean none. I know exactly what I said and what I saw. I wasn't trying to be a smart butt or know it all, but I can back it up.  Sorry I got your panties in a wad. 

6 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I’m just relating some information that I’ve heard lol. It does sound a little ludicrous to do that, but Friday night on the call in show someone called in and said this game may possibly be getting moved to JCS and I went out and was asking and one of the guys I know talked with the principal and he said it’s definitely a possibility if they can’t get the ruts out of the field. 

I know it would suck to have to move the game, but at this stage of the playoffs field conditions shouldn’t be a factor; if the field has any kind of issue and a better surface is available in the area, moving would be wise. Safety alone for the players is the main consideration but it would be a shame if a bad field caused a bad bounce or some other crazy thing that caused one team or the other to lose. New sod this late in the game could be a safety issue as well.  I wouldn’t think footing would be very good on new sod that hadn’t had time to take a good hold. We will play wherever, but both teams deserve the best conditions possible. Just my two cents. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

I know it would suck to have to move the game, but at this stage of the playoffs field conditions shouldn’t be a factor; if the field has any kind of issue and a better surface is available in the area, moving would be wise. Safety alone for the players is the main consideration but it would be a shame if a bad field caused a bad bounce or some other crazy thing that caused one team or the other to lose. New sod this late in the game could be a safety issue as well.  I wouldn’t think footing would be very good on new sod that hadn’t had time to take a good hold. We will play wherever, but both teams deserve the best conditions possible. Just my two cents. 

I’m with ya man. I’m a Peabody fan, but work in Jackson. The past two week there in Jackson it seems it rains just about every Wednesday till Friday morning lol. But when south side and NS played the highlights showed seem like it was a mud bowl out there. The Haywood and Ripley game was moved to JCS last Friday and Brownsville is about 35 minutes from Jackson. Good luck to both teams Friday. Pray for no injuries, and hopefully if it is moved a decision is made quickly so both teams can prepare to play on a turf field. 

Edited by Goldenpride

Sorry for late response. As for  red man or whatever his name was, my panties stay in a wad. Staying salty and ready to re-educate ppl like you is a lifestyle, not a choice. You wanted to “correct” something I posted, and you were wrong, so yeah I consider that “smart butt.” 

Anyway, back to how two teams stack up. JNS has more speed and their pass defense seemed disciplined and well coached. I will agree with my guy redman who says counters and reverses eat them up. They flow to ball so hard they overrun stuff. They have two 300 pounders sitting in middle to stop the run but they get exhausted quick on sustained drives. If Springfield is going to beat JNS #8 and 32 will have to have a big night running up the middle. JNS is going to score though, you won’t keep them off the board. Their running qb is too good, too shifty. If I had to predict a score I would say Springfield in OT. That’s how closely matched I think these two are. 

No offense to JNS but the field resembles a metro field. Grass had not been cut or taken care of, lines were crooked, they should move the game if possible. If not it will be a shame because passing game will be largely removed.