CROCKETT @ KNOX CENTRAL QUARTER FINALS

jeffery6

16 hours ago, JNewman said:

Not sure if anyone answered completely Jeffery6---but here is how it is decided in the second and third rounds. First---seeding. The second round will never have two #1s, 2 #2s, 2#3s, or 2 #4seeds playing. So the higher seed gets the home game. However---round 3 COULD (and often does) see two teams seeded the same. When this happens, the next step is to use the 4th round process and odd numbered host in odd years and even in even years. 

While Central is 10-2 and David Crockett is 12-0, they are both #1 seeds as they were both Region champs. Record plays no role at all in these anymore. Central won region 2 and David Crockett won region 1. It's 2018--so the #1 seed that hosts will default ro region 2. The only way that Crockett would've gotten this game at home would've been if any team other than Central advanced. Sorry. 

To make matters worse for Crockett---there is no scenario where they get another home game. Regardless of who wins in Quad 2 (Oak Ridge or Catholic), that 4th round game (should Crockett beat Central) will be played at either Catholic or at Oak Ridge. Ironically (perhaps), if the 4th round was done like round 2 (and sometimes round 3)--the game would have been played at either Central or Crockett because both Oak Ridge and Catholic came in as #2 seeds.

Thank you for your explanation JNewman,. I just think that because you have two teams with number 1 rankings like it is, it should go to the team with a better record. I know that, thats the rule, but it's a realy unfair way to decide the location of the game. I myself fill it should go to the team with the better record, and if that don't fix it go to something like who has the most offensive points  on the year. Odd and even number of year is kind of cheap. Everybody knows home field advantage is a plus, it should go to the  school that earned it. But for this year I guess it will just up the stakes of this cyderella story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeffery6 said:

Thank you for your explanation JNewman,. I just think that because you have two teams with number 1 rankings like it is, it should go to the team with a better record. I know that, thats the rule, but it's a realy unfair way to decide the location of the game. I myself fill it should go to the team with the better record, and if that don't fix it go to something like who has the most offensive points  on the year. Odd and even number of year is kind of cheap. Everybody knows home field advantage is a plus, it should go to the  school that earned it. But for this year I guess it will just up the stakes of this cyderella story.

I disagree with you based on these reasons: 
1)  If they didn't alternate home games each year starting in round 3, then teams like Maryville and Alcoa would have the best record and would host home games every year through the first 4 rounds.
2)  If it's solely based on teams with the best record, then teams who built that good record in a weak Region and a weak non-conference schedule would unfairly be deemed the best team.  Also, see #1.
3)  If it's based on most offensive points, then teams capable of scoring 70 or more points would do it and leave their first teamers in the whole game, rather than subbing when they get to the mercy rule, or a 30-40 point lead.

Edited by hohmaster

16 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Johnson City Press has Knoxville Central 33 David Crockett 28

Does this surprise anyone?? JC press is just mad SH is outta the playoffs. They had more coverage about SH losing than us winning last week. 

In Big games this year, who has picked us to win?? Yeah No one, thats ok. Win or Lose, this team has left it on  the feild all year, i expect nothing less Friday night either. 

Safe travels to everyone heading to Knoxville, Go Pioneers

10 minutes ago, Ashes2new said:

Does this surprise anyone?? JC press is just mad SH is outta the playoffs. They had more coverage about SH losing than us winning last week. 

In Big games this year, who has picked us to win?? Yeah No one, thats ok. Win or Lose, this team has left it on  the feild all year, i expect nothing less Friday night either. 

Exactly Crockett plays better when their underdogs safe travels if your going down 

2 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

No disrespect but I could care less what any newspaper predictions say. This game isn’t gonna be won on paper. Some posters may be calling for a blowout, but nobody within our program is taking DC lightly. We expect a tough challenge on Friday. 

You will get the best Crockett has to offer. Your the only one that is decent and not trashing us Thanks

Stockton, if I've trashed, I apologize! I try to base my comments on facts, performances against common opponents, etc. After last year and what we had to play through, we don't take anyone lightly, we totally expect one heck of a game Friday night. Rosser (Coach) won't allow this team to think they have a game won before they play it. If Larkins is allowed to do his thing, we're in trouble! You don't put up 3800 yds passing and 40 TD's and not be good. I see him winning Mr. Football. The weather is supposed to be clear and cold, but the field will be great. Last week it rained hard all day Friday right up to game time and there was no slipping and sliding. It should be a great game, hope the fans come out.

10 hours ago, Ashes2new said:

I think JC Press was being generous giving Crockett 28 points. Central D only given up 20 total points in the last 5 games. JC Press predicting such a close game shows their support for Crockett. 

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Stockton, if I've trashed, I apologize! I try to base my comments on facts, performances against common opponents, etc. After last year and what we had to play through, we don't take anyone lightly, we totally expect one heck of a game Friday night. Rosser (Coach) won't allow this team to think they have a game won before they play it. If Larkins is allowed to do his thing, we're in trouble! You don't put up 3800 yds passing and 40 TD's and not be good. I see him winning Mr. Football. The weather is supposed to be clear and cold, but the field will be great. Last week it rained hard all day Friday right up to game time and there was no slipping and sliding. It should be a great game, hope the fans come out.

Your good I would love to see him get Mr Football he’s a great kid.